Fantasy 2023 - ALPHA League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So current is 34 keepers? Remind me again as in so many leagues, says 34 on there atm.

I like 4 Taxi, 4 Genuine IR
2 QB starters

If it is 34 keepers maybe 26 and 32 roster size? Is that the proposal?

So current is 34 keepers? Remind me again as in so many leagues, says 34 on there atm.

I like 4 Taxi, 4 Genuine IR
2 QB starters

If it is 34 keepers maybe 26 and 32 roster size? Is that the proposal?
What i have in Test is....32 roster size total, 26 keepers, 4 genuine IR, 4 taxi, 2 qb starters, 1 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 rwt flex, 1 kicker, 2 DL, 2 DB, 2 LB...and max allowed...4 qb, 4 rb, 6 wr, 4 te, 2 kicker, 4 dt, 4 edge, 4 cb, 4 s, 6 lb.

So we'd be cutting our roster down from 40+ to 26.

What i have in Test is....32 roster size total, 26 keepers, 4 genuine IR, 4 taxi, 2 qb starters, 1 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 rwt flex, 1 kicker, 2 DL, 2 DB, 2 LB...and max allowed...4 qb, 4 rb, 6 wr, 4 te, 2 kicker, 4 dt, 4 edge, 4 cb, 4 s, 6 lb.

So we'd be cutting our roster down from 40+ to 26.
4 RB is not a lot given the oft injured position it is.

If keepers are 30-32, max roster size is still going to be 32-34. With taxi at 4 for rookies only, still 2 spots too many for keepers at 30-32

The point of 26/32 is to create a bit of parity, and the desired smaller roster size so there are free agents on an ongoing weekly basis.

No point having max roster at 36, because with 4 taxi, we're back at 40 man rosters and no free agents on an ongoing weekly basis.

It has to be either 26/32 or 28/34.

26/32 is preferable because it does more for weekly FAs and parity with more cuts having to be made by all the better teams -- which is part of the "reinvigorating the league" push.

With 26/32....people would end up with 32 roster and 4 players on taxi, so a total of 36 vs the current 40.

Thats still only 4 less. 4x12 = 48 more free agents.

Just have to look at all this as Alpha 2.0. We've had like 15 years of it, round of applause for all the better teams, but rather than savage rosters or redoing a 20-30 round draft, cutting down to 26 isn't so debilitating. The better teams are still going to have it good.

The settings in Test League (link above) are to proposed be ported over to Alpha League for the 2023 season.

The scoring settings for Test are perfect. Not complex scoring rules, boosted IDP via staggering the points earned for tackles across the positions, and kept offense the same.

The starters settings are perfect. Reduced max QBs to start to 2.

The position maximums are likewise adjusted for parity and to fit reduced total roster size....max 6 WR, RB, LB, max 4 QB, TE, CB, S, Edge, Interior Line.

As we now have 4 taxi for rookies, a roster size of 32 is proposed. Which means keepers total would be 26 (always 6 less).

One of the main suggestions was to reduce roster size, to allow for more waiver action. So, 40 down to 36 but add 4 taxi is back to 40. Thats why 32 is better than 36 in this regard.

Another suggestion was to kind of "reset" the league, creating new parity. I don't agree with resetting the league, drafting all ocer again. But think keepers reduced from 34 to 26 helps, a soft reset, without totally undoing the the elite Alpha teams.

I want to go ahead and port Test League settings over to Alpha asap, so we can get the season going. Just waiting for the greenlight to proceed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The settings in Test League (link above) are to proposed be ported over to Alpha League for the 2023 season.

The scoring settings for Test are perfect. Not complex scoring rules, boosted IDP via staggering the points earned for tackles across the positions, and kept offense the same.

The starters settings are perfect. Reduced max QBs to start to 2.

The position maximums are likewise adjusted for parity and to fit reduced total roster size....max 6 WR, RB, LB, max 4 QB, TE, CB, S, Edge, Interior Line.

As we now have 4 taxi for rookies, a roster size of 32 is proposed. Which means keepers total would be 26 (always 6 less).

One of the main suggestions was to reduce roster size, to allow for more waiver action. So, 40 down to 36 but add 4 taxi is back to 40. Thats why 32 is better than 36 in this regard.

Another suggestion was to kind of "reset" the league, creating new parity. I don't agree with resetting the league, drafting all ocer again. But think keepers reduced from 34 to 26 helps, a soft reset, without totally undoing the the elite Alpha teams.

I want to go ahead and port Test League settings over to Alpha asap, so we can get the season going. Just waiting for the greenlight to proceed.

Sounds like it's all perfect, so why not.

I'm in baitches - Tua and no other QBs, Alpha Beta PGee to the starsssszzzzzzzzz.....

fat GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back