Prediction 2023 Best 22 Teams and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Walters will be a firm fixture of our forward line next year, he’ll be directing traffic with all the inexperienced players we have down there.
Try to do a list management at the end of 2023.
It’s getting very difficult to work out who to cut? Retire?
Obvious ones are Colyer, Wilson, then maybe Hamling, Walters?
Then there are ones who do have a contract who probably shouldn’t.

Try to do a list management at the end of 2023.
It’s getting very difficult to work out who to cut? Retire?
Obvious ones are Colyer, Wilson, then maybe Hamling, Walters?
Then there are ones who do have a contract who probably shouldn’t.
Liam Henry and Bailey banfield?

Actually, when you think about it, there’s a few who could not be with us next year including,
Fyfe, Walters, Sturt, banfield, Henry, Hughes, Colyer, hamling, Wilson, Kuek, worner.

Last edited:
Actually, when you think about it, there’s a few who could not be with us next year including,
Fyfe, Walters, Sturt, banfield, Henry, Hughes, Colyer, hamling, Wilson, Kuek, worner.
Why Fyfe. Are you insinuating he may leave for another club, or the club may trade him. Or would he retire?

Why Fyfe. Are you insinuating he may leave for another club, or the club may trade him. Or would he retire?
If he plays less than 10 games this year, plus is out of contract, it would be line ball whether he would be offered another contract I reckon. At the end of the day, you've got to be able to show you can make it on the field regularly to be given a contract.

If he plays less than 10 games this year, plus is out of contract, it would be line ball whether he would be offered another contract I reckon. At the end of the day, you've got to be able to show you can make it on the field regularly to be given a contract.
Are we talking about Fyfe or Nick Suban?

Shill did a soft tissue every 20 minutes for his last few years and got kept on and as much as I love Shill, Fyfe > Shill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we talking about Fyfe or Nick Suban?

Shill did a soft tissue every 20 minutes for his last few years and got kept on and as much as I love Shill, Fyfe > Shill.
S Hill is the exact example on the perils of offering a multi year contract to an older injury prone star. I’m really hoping the club learnt from it.

Stephen Hill wasn't really injury prone until he suddenly was though.
Bull dust. I remember being absolutely amazed that he was given a contract longer than
Stephen Hill wasn't really injury prone until he suddenly was though.
was given a 2 year contact extension when he was 29 and had played 3 games for the year. Absolutely love Hilly, but this is the kind of bullshit that holds us back as a club.

Gee like vultures, waiting for the carcass to die to pick it to pieces.
But, come to expect that with some of our supporters.
You know the kind of supporters I expect - the kind that are outraged when somebody suggests something that doesn’t float well with their arbitrary pseudo moral compass on how they view the world.
I joined big footy in 2013 and suggested that Paul Duffield might not have long left in the AFL. People on here were shocked, outraged, offended. (He was gone within a year).
I have supported this club since it’s inception and witnessed ineptitude and piss poor decision making on every level (from management, to coaches, to players). The rest of the comp do not view us as a joke, they view us as an irrelevance- which is worse. Don’t believe me? Go live in Melbourne and wait a few years to get a 3 line blurb in the Age or watch the smile creep over people’s faces when you tell them who you support ( Just because I have an inferiority complex doesn’t mean I am wrong). We are the lifestyle club. The club where guys like Tony Modra show up at Perth airport with a surf board, where Connor Blakely pisses off training to go bodyboarding and where Josh Simpson doesn’t show up at all.
In 25 years, the most ruthless thing we’ve done is sack a coach who was contracted and guess what? It nearly won us a premiership. I can’t be f##ked with people that are outraged with ideas that don’t suit their moral compass. Much like life….nice guys finish last (They particularly finish last when the game is rigged to begin with - which the AFL is).
We’ve had 25 years of mediocrity, as they say in Texas, it’s time to kick arse and take names.

Last edited:
Bull dust. I remember being absolutely amazed that he was given a contract longer than

was given a 2 year contact extension when he was 29 and had played 3 games for the year. Absolutely love Hilly, but this is the kind of bullshit that holds us back as a club.
He played basically every game he could have from the start of his career until around 2017. For most of his career he played 20 + games a season.

He played basically every game he could have from the start of his career until around 2017. For most of his career he played 20 + games a season.
That history means nothing when you are 29, you have played 3 games for the year in 2019 (having played 13 in 2018) and you have had many recent soft tissue injuries. Not to mention the fact he had lost pace, and probably some form. Fair enough to offer 1 year but 2 is absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:
S Hill is the exact example on the perils of offering a multi year contract to an older injury prone star. I’m really hoping the club learnt from it.
Counter example, Dangerfield. Looked a shadow of himself for the last 2 years, constantly injured or playing like he was injured. Near norm smith and is a year older than Fyfe.

A list spot + good cash is nowhere near valuable enough to risk accidentally cutting a generational player a year or 2 early.

Last edited:
Best 22
Chapman A.Pearce Ryan
Young Cox Clark
Erasmus Fyfe O’Driscoll
Switta Jackson Frederick
Schultz Amiss Treacy
R: Darcy Serong Brayshaw

Int: Brodie, Walters, Walker, JOM

2nd 22
Wagner Hamling Hughes
Wilson Davies ????
Worner Johnson Henry
Banfield Corbett Colyer
Sturt Taberner Emmett
Knobel Aish ?????

Int: Benning, ?????, …., …..

Who have I forgotten?

Best 22
Chapman A.Pearce Ryan
Young Cox Clark
Erasmus Fyfe O’Driscoll
Switta Jackson Frederick
Schultz Amiss Treacy
R: Darcy Serong Brayshaw

Int: Brodie, Walters, Walker, JOM

2nd 22
Wagner Hamling Hughes
Wilson Davies ????
Worner Johnson Henry
Banfield Corbett Colyer
Sturt Taberner Emmett
Knobel Aish ?????

Int: Benning, ?????, …., …..

Who have I forgotten?
Kuek

You know the kind of supporters I expect - the kind that are outraged when somebody suggests something that doesn’t float well with their arbitrary pseudo moral compass on how they view the world.
I joined big footy in 2013 and suggested that Paul Duffield might not have long left in the AFL. People on here were shocked, outraged, offended. (He was gone within a year).
I have supported this club since it’s inception and witnessed ineptitude and piss poor decision making on every level (from management, to coaches, to players). The rest of the comp do not view us as a joke, they view us as an irrelevance- which is worse. Don’t believe me? Go live in Melbourne and wait a few years to get a 3 line blurb in the Age or watch the smile creep over people’s faces when you tell them who you support ( Just because I have an inferiority complex doesn’t mean I am wrong). We are the lifestyle club. The club where guys like Tony Modra show up at Perth airport with a surf board, where Connor Blakely pisses off training to go bodyboarding and where Josh Simpson doesn’t show up at all.
In 25 years, the most ruthless thing we’ve done is sack a coach who was contracted and guess what? It nearly won us a premiership. I can’t be f##ked with people that are outraged with ideas that don’t suit their moral compass. Much like life….nice guys finish last (They particularly finish last when the game is rigged to begin with - which the AFL is).
We’ve had 25 years of mediocrity, as they say in Texas, it’s time to kick arse and take names.
We haven't been a lifestyle club for a while now.

25 years of mediocrity is coming to an end.

Strap yourselves in boys and girls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back