Prediction 2023 - Best 23

Remove this Banner Ad

All seriousness, if that is the insurance one has to have
I've heard fly speak glowingly of lipinski and Markov. Dont think theyll be dropped. Im thinking if a second ruck is not sacrificed then johnson goes out. Mihocek mcstay Cox up forward with cox pinch hit rucking. Is mcstay going to me more value then johnson, yet to be seen. Maybe the remaining games will show us. Frampton can play a role down back but he doesnt seem quick enough for mine. Cant see murphy making way, he is too much of a good reader of the game and will stand in front of a truck. Otherwise frampton in for cameron as a back up if cox goes down, taking on main ruck duties.
Agree mate. Love Johnson although he is likely the one to make way.
He or Lipinski. The thing is by seasons end we will likely have an injury or two. Brutal game.

I feel like after the last 2 weeks playing as a forward Frampton has essentially ruled himself out of the 22 unless there are injuries.

He's completely uncompetitive as a forward and I wouldn't play him in defence because of his low game IQ and lack of offensive drive - plus that backline is so settled and effective I'd be really hesitant to add a bad decision maker to that mix just for size.

He can play as an undersized crash and bash ruckman but is third choice behind Cox and Cameron. I'd expect him to be dropped for the game vs Port if Cameron is available so we can really get a look at our best lineup of talls before finals.

Love him being on the list though as he is perfect tall depth.

Frampton out for checkers and a very unlucky Cox out for Cameron and that would be my best balanced side. WHE also stiff

If we don't have any fresh injuries we might get a look at our best side this week, I'm really undecided on the unlucky players to miss but here goes
B. Maynard Murphy Quaynor
Hb. Howe Moore Noble
C. Daicos Degoey Sidebottom
Hf. Pendles Mihocheck Adams
F. Elliott McStay Mccreery
R. Cameron Daicos Mitchell
Inter. Crisp Cox Markov Hill
Sub. Johnson
Probably don't really expect Johnson to miss this week having kicked 3 goals the last 2 weeks running but I can't see any weakness with these players and it adds enough flexibility to cover for any in game injuries. Lippa and WHE ( When available )very stiff

Is Hill in our best side? Have concerns over his impact in big games
Small forwards are there for moments in games, not for large numbers. Don’t expect him to average over 10 touches a game but he puts panic into opposition defences and kicks a goal here and there or sets one up. Our other options for the role are Ginnivan and Harrison and I m not happy with the pack of effort or pressure from Ginnivan and Harrison is still a bit young for finals footy.

Is Hill in our best side? Have concerns over his impact in big games

When compared to Harrison & Ginni, Hill's best is miles ahead in terms of speed, pressure, and the ability to cover ground over the course of a game.

He's had some quietish games but that's the nature of the position he plays.

His pressure act in the last few minutes of the game (was it Finlayson he tackled?) is an example of this. Watching the game on TV I couldn't tell how much ground he covered to do this, but I assume it was a lot.

His passes are generally sublime.

Needs to lift and he will.

When compared to Harrison & Ginni, Hill's best is miles ahead in terms of speed, pressure, and the ability to cover ground over the course of a game.

He's had some quietish games but that's the nature of the position he plays.

His pressure act in the last few minutes of the game (was it Finlayson he tackled?) is an example of this. Watching the game on TV I couldn't tell how much ground he covered to do this, but I assume it was a lot.

His passes are generally sublime.

Needs to lift and he will.
If Ginnivan keeps playing like he did in the VFL today then Bobby will need to lift it is wrong to state about the nature of the position he plays as being okay to under perform because the same could be said for Ginnivan at AFL level.

Bobby form over the last 4 weeks has been average as has Beau,s apart from the odd moment here and there and it is not enough to say small forward and that is an excuse for quiet games.

Was wondering if I should post this or just sit on the can and listen to the birds outside. Clearly, I posted.

What are we? Who are we? What is our way? David King last night questioned montagnas stats about our weaknesses saying Colingwood play the scoreboard, stats are irrelevant. All along fly has been saying we play the minutes. Are they essentially the same. Yesterday Adelaide went all out v melbourne collingwood style and Melbourne with ump assistance hit back. Is full throttle possible for more than a quarter. We play with reckless abandon at time it costs us. It also wins games. I feel like some caution when we have time, ball in hand can be taken but it feels like that could mean a loss of energy in the overall full throttleness of our chaos. All that said I kept saying to my brother "gotta take the good with the bad with the throttle" thats me quoting me. There is a line in Bertold Brechts Mother Courage and her children "if you want the war to nourish you you gotta feed it something too." Maybe that means all mistakes are ok if we are all in chaos. I just don't want it to cost us.

A question remains. What will we do in september. Will we go full throttle earlier. Have we done that in first qtrs then tapered off. Anyway, birds cooing outside. Toilet flushed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back