Remove this Banner Ad

My best 23 providing everyone is fit

Maynard Dean IQ
Noble Moore Frampton
Cox Mitchell DeGoey
Jaicos Crisp Lipinski
Ginnivan McStay Johnson
McCreery Mihocek Elliott

Interchange: Pendlebury(backline), Naicos (midfield), Hill (forward), Carmichael (mid/forward), supersub Sidebottom

Howe (first to come in with any injury to the backline (can play tall or small), could also come in for an injured tall forward and let Moore move forward. Not in because of age. I would like to see how we go with out him.

Cameon (could easily go in instead of Johnson and play the second ruck instead of McStay/Johnson)

With an injury to any of our midfield group we could see the introduction of our most promising newcomer. For example: HH, Draper or Alan.

Last edited:
Maynard Frampton IQ
N Daicos Moore Howe
Cameron Mitchell DeGoey
J Daicos Crisp Sidebottom
Ginnivan McStay Johnson
McCreery Mihocek Elliott

Pendles, Adams, Noble, Lipinski

Sub - Cox

Hard to pick a team given Hill, Murphy, WHE, Carmichael, Krueger, Macrae all very capable and apparently Draper and HH showing signs so far in training… I suspect Hill may be played ahead of Johnson, or possibly as sub.

Last edited:

Maynard Frampton IQ
N Daicos Moore Howe
Johnson Mitchell DeGoey
J Daicos Crisp Sidebottom
Ginnivan McStay Johnson
McCreery Mihocek Elliott

Pendles, Adams, Noble, Lipinski

Sub - Cox

Hard to pick a team given Hill, Murphy, WHE, Carmichael, Krueger, Macrae all very capable and apparently Draper and HH showing signs so far in training… I suspect Hill may be played ahead of Johnson, or possibly as sub.

Johnson is rucking?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

FB: Maynard Frampton Crisp
HB: Murphy Moore Naicos
C Sidebottom Pendlebury Jaicos
HF Hill Mihocek DeGoey
FF: Elliott McStay Ginnivan
R: Cameron Mitchell Lipinski

Int: IQ, Adams, Carmichael, Cox
Sub: Noble
No Howe is interesting, but not knocking your team.

Last time Moore started forward was against West Coast in WA. We were going well, but then we copped a couple of injuries in the backline. The floodgates opened and we had to throw him down back to try to stem the flow. After the game people were saying Moore should never play forward again and I was completely baffled by it.
We were absolutely demolished in defence that night and 2 of Moore's three goals came in junk time when the Eagles took the foot off the gas. I wouldn't call the game great evidence that Moore would be a star forward. He's the centrepiece of our back line and has been since 2019 now. He saves more goals in defence and his impact from half-back is greater than he'd be able to produce up forward.

No idea what our best 22 will look like by seasons end but my ins and outs for round one compared to last start in September, three experienced recruits to come in plus Adams back from injury.

Mitchell for bianco
hill for McCreery
Mcstay for Johnson
Adams for Cameron or Cox but I’d prefer to play Cox… neither like for like with Adams lol

McCreery the super sub but also possibly Hill.

(WHE to the backline)

Maynard - Frampton - Quaynor
Howe - Moore - Noble
Daicos - Degoey - Sidebottom
N Daicos - McStay - Pendles
Elliott - Mihocek - Ginnivan
Cameron - Crisp - Mitchell
Adams - Lipinski - McCreery - Cox
Sub - either Hoskin Elliott or Hill

From the prelim
In - Frampton, McStay, Mitchell and Adams
Out - Murphy, Bianco, Hoskin Elliott and Johnson

Howe - Moore - Noble

From the prelim

That’s a super tall team

That’s a super tall team
Cox could possibly be out but we were too short last year against the big teams.
McStay for Johnson are similar positions but McStay is obviously taller
Frampton if he proves to be good enough replaces Murphy as Murphy was too small for full back
The other two in Adams and Mitchell are massive upgrades on Bianco and Hoskin Elliott, I think anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noble and Quaynor likely to be in the starting 22.

Agreed especially what I’ve seen from noble at training. He may not be the most talented but he deals with it like he has everything since he was born. By fighting for it. Gives you 200%, you know what you can expect from him. Hard nosed. Fast paced and does not give up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lol typo !! Copied the wrong name - Cameron first ruck…. Although I still think Cox is a better tap ruck, will be interesting to see if we go with both Cameron and Cox or opt for a smaller setup with McStay rucking fwd stoppages. Thoughts from watching training Jen2310 ??
Hard to say yet, need to see a full 18 v 18 match sim to get a better idea, but I havent seen mcstay rucking.

Lol typo !! Copied the wrong name - Cameron first ruck…. Although I still think Cox is a better tap ruck, will be interesting to see if we go with both Cameron and Cox or opt for a smaller setup with McStay rucking fwd stoppages. Thoughts from watching training Jen2310 ??
I think Cameron and Cox will both be best 22 when fit.

People who are down on Howe are going to be embarrassed by him next year imo, another preseason under his belt since the knee and confidence back up as well as likely not being asked to play undersized will see him back to his best.

Unfortunately it’s Father Time that has caught up with him. The soft tissues will get him and it will undoubtedly be swift.

I’d be surprised if he continues after this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all seriousness you guys seem to treat the squad as fully interchangeable which is bonkers. I look at positions and make a call.

1) The Lipinski call is based on a belief we only can afford/need 2 of Adams, Mitchell and Lipinski and I take the first two.

2) McCreery is v Hill, and I think Hill has more offensive power than McCreery but acknowledge its a tight call

3) The ruck call is Cox as best ruck with McStay providing a chop out and Krueger across half forward. I have no idea why Allan comes into that conversation at all.

4) Allan given his disposal in mature body I have initially performing the role of N Daicos in 2022 an option coming out of the backline where I think he will prove great drive.

5) Yep, tough call, I think we have gone beyond what Sidey brings in 2023. I think he's cooked and has gone on one year too long.

Happy for anyone to debate my calls, but the comparisons drawn are just weird

I like it when people place their Matzah Balls on the table…..It can make for a cleaner cut with the Ginsu knife.

When McCreery’s name is mention by posters, I take it with the grain of salt that it comes. For they know not what they say. Today’s game is based on trying to get the ball back from your opponent when they get it. So you need extraordinary closing speed and then the power and strength to repeat that in order to enact a turnover. Then you need the transitional speed to run and carry the ball. Of which, McCreery has demonstrated throughout this season and more notably during crucial parts of our close wins. What a lot of you are missing is his ability to run and carry. And not to mention his booming kick. I equate him to Bruzzy. In that they will enter where angels fear to tread. And that is something you can not teach. It’s a skill set that comes from inside you. And it’s those types that allow other to shine as well……Oh yeah and he can kick a long goal.

Lipinski has shown in his first year that he has some class that we don’t have in the middle. So really you can’t have enough of that. Yeah sure, noone is irreplaceable and if the kids show value then I’m all for it. But the competition lies in all of their spots. I wouldn’t be giving Mitchell or Adams any more respect than Lipinski. One is in the way up and the other two are much closer to the end than the beginning.

No issue with the Ruck call. Cox is our best at the moment. But all need to be played on merit. In the best available combinations. And if you don’t carry your weight then others will take your spot.

I love bringing on new kids. But don’t believe the training report hype. Allan is nowhere near it and will be lucky to see games this season if we are in deep contending mode. Way too many ahead of him and I’m still yet to see this speed everyone is talking about. Focus for him is to get some consistent senior footy into his developing body. And look towards late 2023 for a debut game or push in 2024 for a debut. Ryan and Richard’s might be closer to taking Nicks spot. Even they aren’t ready as yet, they are definitely closer than Allan.

As much as it is obvious that Sidey is falling off the perch. Just as long serving stalwarts have done in the past. Didak comes to mind. He will still command his spot until he can no longer do it consistently or another takes it from him. Which should be evident by years end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea what our best 22 will look like by seasons end but my ins and outs for round one compared to last start in September, three experienced recruits to come in plus Adams back from injury.

Mitchell for bianco
hill for McCreery
Mcstay for Johnson
Adams for Cameron or Cox but I’d prefer to play Cox… neither like for like with Adams lol

McCreery the super sub but also possibly Hill.

(WHE to the backline)
Someone will need to come in for Krueger.

Howe - Moore - Noble

From the prelim
I'd do a few different things positionally, but I think this 23 is spot on. WHE the perfect sub.

If Krueger was fit, I'd probably play him instead of Cox, then have him play CHF while McStay pinch hits in the ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back