Brownlow 2023 Brownlow Medal Discussion - Let's Go Noah!

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone who gets one vote for a 42 touch game and two goals, thatā€™s who.

Neale againā€¦ such an uninspiring Brownlow winner.

But well done Noah! Great effort.
This year maybe but keep in mind he should have won last year so probably a fair outcome.

This year maybe but keep in mind he should have won last year so probably a fair outcome.
Heā€™s just not an exciting midfielder. I think of other multiple Brownlow winners and they inspire awe: Ablett, Fyfe, Judd, Goodes etc. These guys are the best of the best of the best.

Neale really is a great player and has carried Brisbane to finals once againā€”maybe even a premiershipā€”but I just donā€™t feel he is in the same echelon as other multiple winners.

Like honestly, Iā€™ll let this go after this... But Neale didnā€™t even make AA this year! He was top 5 in coaches votes though, so itā€™s not unreasonable for him to poll well. But there is just a disconnect here on a few levels.

Maybe the Brownlow winner being what it has been is a byproduct of the comp being so even?

Heā€™s just not an exciting midfielder. I think of other multiple Brownlow winners and they inspire awe: Ablett, Fyfe, Judd, Goodes etc. These guys are the best of the best of the best.

Neale really is a great player and has carried Brisbane to finals once againā€”maybe even a premiershipā€”but I just donā€™t feel he is in the same echelon as other multiple winners.

Like honestly, Iā€™ll let this go after this... But Neale didnā€™t even make AA this year! He was top 5 in coaches votes though, so itā€™s not unreasonable for him to poll well. But there is just a disconnect here on a few levels.

Maybe the Brownlow winner being what it has been is a byproduct of the comp being so even?
AA team is selected by a biased panel of ex players who buy into player hype a lot of the time and don't look at a body of work over the season.

At the very least, every round is accounted for in the Brownlow, not just hype off a few good games.

IMO Coaches Award should be the highest honour anyway.

AA team is selected by a biased panel of ex players who buy into player hype a lot of the time and don't look at a body of work over the season.

At the very least, every round is accounted for in the Brownlow, not just hype off a few good games.

IMO Coaches Award should be the highest honour anyway.
AFLPA MVP is the top honour followed by coaches award imo.

Like honestly, Iā€™ll let this go after this... But Neale didnā€™t even make AA this year!
Would anyone actually pick Zach Merrett ahead of Lachie Neale if they were asked to put together a best 22 from 2023? Outside of the AA selectors who obviously felt that way. It's unbelievable to think that the Brownlow Medalist can't even get on the AA interchange.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back