Votes: 30 45.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Next Waiting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It means nothing but you want it. I want it. Bevo wants it. The Bont might even give a damn.

Have your say, cast your vote and set the agenda coz journos read this sh1t.

Would love to see him get up as well but I just can’t see it. Any votes next week is a bonus as I expect that hawks tagger will lock him down. Will need to have mammoth games against the eagles and the cats to get up.

Would love to see him get up as well but I just can’t see it. Any votes next week is a bonus as I expect that hawks tagger will lock him down. Will need to have mammoth games against the eagles and the cats to get up.
Bev claims that we owe Bont a brownlow. Could station some enforcers to help prevent that from happening. Would love to see it.

Bev claims that we owe Bont a brownlow. Could station some enforcers to help prevent that from happening. Would love to see it.
Starting midfield of Bontempelli, McComb, Hannan and Khamis confirmed

It's interesting looking at the Brownlow stats. Bont is a good chance to finish his career with the most 3 vote games of anyone in history. Gaz is in first with 55, Bont is currently on 36, with a good chance to get another 7+ this year you'd think. 10 this season (very unlikely) would put him in 3rd equal with Judd.

What's probably hurt Bont in the Brownlow so far, is he just does not get many of those 1-2 vote games. Only 8 1 vote games for his career.

Last edited:
1990:
Tony Liberatore wins the Brownlow Medal despite injurying his knee and missing the final three games. His team played Brisbane and Essendon in the final two matches.

2023:
Nick Daicos to miss the final three games after injurying his knee. His team plays Brisbane and Essendon in the final two matches. Will he also win the Brownlow?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fun Facts:

Not Brownlow votes because obviously we don't know ..... yet.

But Coaches Votes

5 of our players have received votes in 6 or more matches of the 20 we have played thus far.

Bont with votes in 12 matches just edges Libba with votes in 11.

Then a bit of a gap to some interesting ones. Timmy has got votes in 8 then B ........... Dale in 7 matches. Liam Jones in 6 matches which is a fair effort given he missed 5 & 1/2 games.

Dogs players have received a perfect 10 votes 8 times. 6 of those to Bont (plus a couple of 9s), JUH once against Freo and Smith once against Adelaide.

Libba has had a 9 once and 2 8's. Timmy's had a couple of 8s. Flea has only been in the votes twice but they were an 8 and a 9.

The longest run of consecutive games with votes is 4 and jointly held by both Libba and Bont. Libba and Bont have also both received votes (21 and 33 respectively) in 5 of the last 6 games (not the same 5) and JUH has got votes (21) in 4 of the last 6.

Libba has received votes in 7 of the last 8 games only missing out against the Pies in Round 17.

Last edited:
Feel like the hawks are going to do an epic tag on him next week, so doubt he gets 3 then.

Horrible feeling Petracca will win

Pretty sure they tried tagging him earlier this season, but still couldn’t lock him down. Ward aside a couple of weeks ago, I can’t really remember the last time he was tagged out of a game.

It’s Libba they really need to put the time into, especially as they smashed us in clearances last time we played them until we dragged it back late on.

If so, he can go down forward for a bit. Any time they out into Bont will just free up any of Libba/Treloar/Naughton/JUH. Macrae & Bmith need to help out when they are in the middle too

Also if I were using Coaches votes as a guide to Brownlow votes, I'd run with

10 or 9 = 3 votes

7 or 8 = 2 votes

5 or 6 = 1 vote

Bont has

8 x 9 or 10 votes = 8 x 3 = 24 votes up to and including Round 21

He has no votes in the 5 to 8 range

Libba has

1 x 9 or 10 = 1 x 3 = 3 votes
2 x 7 or 8 = 2 x 2 = 4 votes
2 x 5 or 6 = 2 x 1 = 2 votes

Which equals 9 votes up to and including Round 21

Also if I were using Coaches votes as a guide to Brownlow votes, I'd run with

10 or 9 = 3 votes

7 or 8 = 2 votes

5 or 6 = 1 vote

Bont has

8 x 9 or 10 votes = 8 x 3 = 24 votes up to and including Round 21

He has no votes in the 5 to 8 range

Libba has

1 x 9 or 10 = 1 x 3 = 3 votes
2 x 7 or 8 = 2 x 2 = 4 votes
2 x 5 or 6 = 2 x 1 = 2 votes

Which equals 9 votes up to and including Round 21
Applying the same criteria to the leading Brownlow contenders I have the leader board as below to Round 21

27 Daicos
24 Bont
24 Butters
22 Petracca

There is maybe a game where Daicos could get an extra one and possibly 2 games for Petracca which would put Daicos on 28 and Bont, Butters and Petracca all level on 24.

3 games left with 9 votes on the table for each of the 3 challengers needing 5 votes to surpass Daicos and 4 to tie.

What are the odds on a 4 way tie?

Like Bont, Butters is either BOG or not getting votes. 7 BOGs for him and a couple of minors.

BOG performances to Rnd 21

8 The Bont (every 2.6 games)
7 Butters (every 3rd game)
6 Daicos (every 3.5 games)
4 Petracca (every 5.25 games)

Butters looks overs at $20s

Last edited:
Back