2023 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL is saying that Geelong was advantaged by father sons so should not complain. Sure Hawkins was one major benefit. Ablett was ranked second round. The point is that they improved under our system. Other clubs also complained about North 3 first-rounders.

If North can and will trade them this year why do they say they will be reviewed? Does it mean that teams that trade for them can lose them based on North's performance?

I think the AFL should get out of the way and stop the compromises which are out of control.

AFL is saying that Geelong was advantaged by father sons so should not complain. Sure Hawkins was one major benefit. Ablett was ranked second round. The point is that they improved under our system. Other clubs also complained about North 3 first-rounders.

If North can and will trade them this year why do they say they will be reviewed? Does it mean that teams that trade for them can lose them based on North's performance?

I think the AFL should get out of the way and stop the compromises which are out of control.

Classic case of very lazy and shallow analysis.

Hawkins and Ablett were bullseyes. Hawkins was going to be a high pick. Ablett wasn't.

The other was Scarlett. He ended up great, but wasn't necessarily touted as a star pick. Geelong actually had an earlier father/son selection from the same draft in Marc Woolnough.

Then you throw in stars like David Clarke, Tim Callan, and Mark Blake, it hasn't exactly been a surefire success.

Cousins and Dane Swan are the exceptions that prove the rule.

Although at the time cousins was keeping his mongrelness quite well hidden (unless you were familiar with the Perth 3am nightclub scene)
May have been a dick, but Cousins was pretty clean on the field in the earlier days from what I remember.

This indicates he would not have gone in the top 10. His name alone would have created interest.

This link is typical

He benefited from the Geelong system and became a great player and a tremendous person.

The AFL herbs and spices gave us a crappy pick for the best player in the league plus the AFL contributed to the marketing fund to pay him. Compare that to the North Melbourne gift this year.

This indicates he would not have gone in the top 10. His name alone would have created interest.

This link is typical

He benefited from the Geelong system and became a great player and a tremendous person.

The AFL herbs and spices gave us a crappy pick for the best player in the league plus the AFL contributed to the marketing fund to pay him. Compare that to the North Melbourne gift this year.

I don't think he liked it when the leaders at the club said you could alot better ..

But took it on board and helped him become the player he was .

Nath could of been maybe even better ...if he went the other way ..

Nathan I think could have been better than Gary. A wasted talent who never liked being under the spotlight.
Def wasted his talent..

I used to see him later at night shopping. Etc.

Nath is very shy

Heard rumours when he was killing it for Morda.
If he seen K rock rock up ...he would just go to bench .

And North have had McDonald and Thomas who were both touted as top 5 picks at the time of the draft from F/S / Academy and failed to develop them both

And North have had McDonald and Thomas who were both touted as top 5 picks at the time of the draft from F/S / Academy and failed to develop them both

They have trouble developed their players so far .
Simkin even been meh last 2 years .

Then they got good young players like warlaw ,sheezel.poeell and Phillips etc ..
Ford too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back