Prediction 2023 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure Nick would rather a premiership medal and Norm Smith anyway which he would have a better chance at since it isn't the f***n muppet umpires who vote on it.

hamish brayshaw just posted that the Pies were fleeced....

Apparently it’s further evidence that the AFL want Collingwood to take the ring of power to Mordor, or something something.

John Ralph,who I don’t usually quote ,mentioned on twitter that Neale got three votes in round six,for a 20 possession game,including five changers and got no coaches votes for his efforts either.Something really rotten about the Brownlow voting this year.
Further to that,I just checked the stats on that game,and Neale got 70 fantasy points,and was ranked the 20th best player in that game.What a friggen scandal this is.

Swan won it in 2011 and we went on to lose the GF.

Hope history repeats with Neale winning it and goes on to lose the GF.
Same thing happened to Buckley and Peter Moore too. To be honest, it seems more like a Collingwood GF curse than a Brownlow GF curse.

The irony is if it wasn’t for the Brownlow hype, Collingwood may have done the sensible thing and rested a clearly beaten up Naicos for a game against a bottom 4 side…
OMG, what absolute crap!
Do you really believe that rubbish, or are you just throwing bait?

I saw predictions that had Nick right on 26-28 votes so I think he got the votes predicted maybe not in the games predicted but hey he’s done very well. It’s horrible hanging on to a lead hoping someone doesn’t get votes. Great to see AJ at the count, he’s the unlucky one, he should be in the GF side for Dan if it wasn’t for the broken arm and he lost the mark of the year to let’s face it Harry’s hanger was pretty good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2023 Lachie Neale, Lions lose the GF
2011 Dane Swan, Pies Lost the GF
2003 Nathan Buckly, Pies Lost the GF
1979 Peter Moore, Pies Lost the GF.
Missed a couple

1987 Platten, hawks lost
1989 Couch, cats lost
1997 Harvey, saints lost
2000 Woewodin, dees lost
2005 Cousins, eagles lost
2006 Goodes, swans lost
2007 Bartel, cats won
2009 Ablett, cats won

Unfortunately like the cats in recent years (2007 Bartel, 2009 Ablett) the lions have a habit of winning both

2001 Akermanis
2002 Black

Another double since ‘87 is 1993 Wanganeen, bombers won

Last edited:
Apparently it’s further evidence that the AFL want Collingwood to take the ring of power to Mordor, or something something.
200w.gif

John Ralph,who I don’t usually quote ,mentioned on twitter that Neale got three votes in round six,for a 20 possession game,including five changers and got no coaches votes for his efforts either.Something really rotten about the Brownlow voting this year.
Yep, truly bizarre if there wasn't any betting involved.

In that round 6 game v GWS:
_9 players had more possessions than Neale
_20 players scored higher fantasy points than Neale
_Charlie Cameron kicked 7.2 goals in that game

Tomorrow morning in the trash rag that is the HS they’ll have a multi page spread on the best dressed in the red carpet and even a best and worst.

The whole count should be investigated.

Josh Kelly had 41 and Coniglio 38. Neale had only 20, of which 7 were kicks and 5 were clangers. Those 13 handballs must have been pretty special.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back