Prediction 2023 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

How nice of the very generous and humble
L. Neal to acknowledge the Bont and Nick (or did I miss it).
Yep. That sucked. Says a bit about the bloke in my opinion.

I thought for sure he’d be humble and acknowledge that a 20 year old missed the last 4 and half games of the season and if not for that, would probably have won.

Happy with the result, the winner doesn’t usually perform well on the following Saturday. Pressure off for Nick and maybe a little bit to prove.
I can’t say I’m happy about it but I see where you’re coming from.

Two medals for Nick on Saturday will be due reward for a 20 year old that played the best football in the AFL this season.

Oh well that’s over with now let’s get on to smashing them and sticking up all the Jurnos who have been saying no chance collingwood. I especially want to stick it up Max Laughton who I had a Twitter spat with earlier in the year when he was still calling our wins lucky and he had us missing the 8. Also that flog Hoyne who has a weekly segment on how bad we are and we can’t win.

Big congrats to Nick for the year such a humble nice guy now tear it up Saturday.
Go pies ⚫⚪

Truly is a midfielders award, Daicos polled a lot stronger once moved in there. The non-votes in BL & GWS games were when he was at half back. Similarly Petracca’s votes dried up despite having good games with more time forward late in the season.

I watch the red carpet at the start and then turn it off.

Brownlow hasn't been credible in quite a while.

Darcy Moore looks more than slightly impressive in a tuxedo. Sexy bastard.

Truly is a midfielders award, Daicos polled a lot stronger once moved in there. The non-votes in BL & GWS games were when he was at half back. Similarly Petracca’s votes dried up despite having good games with more time forward late in the season.
In fairness to the umps it is the inside stuff that they have to watch really closely all day. They're the blokes they notice.

I watch the red carpet at the start and then turn it off.

Brownlow hasn't been credible in quite a while.

Darcy Moore looks more than slightly impressive in a tuxedo. Sexy bastard.
Still thought he needed a shave, get rid of that beard.

Interesting point with Neale missing out to Cripps last year. Although Swan came 3rd perhaps there’s a bit of Judd (elbow) 2010 / Swan 2011 about it.

In fairness to the umps it is the inside stuff that they have to watch really closely all day. They're the blokes they notice.
Nope. They made some incredible stupid calls that resulted in the award going to the wrong player.
Truly pathetic that a guy who didn’t make AA can be judged the fairest and best pkayer.

This result reminds me of the lukewarm response to Judd's second Brownlow.

I had the feeling that most there wanted the Bont to win it when it became obvious that Nick couldn't and were disappointed with the result.
My reaction exactly!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope. They made some incredible stupid calls that resulted in the award going to the wrong player.
Truly pathetic that a guy who didn’t make AA can be judged the fairest and best pkayer.
You take it too seriously JMAC. Libba won when we were young. Brian Wilson. Brad Hardie. Woewodin. None of them would have been in the AA 3rds teams that year.

You take it too seriously JMAC. Libba won when we were young. Brian Wilson. Brad Hardie. Woewodin. None of them would have been in the AA 3rds teams that year.
I do take it seriously. Sure, there have been dud winners, but overwhelmingly they have been the absolute champions of the game.

Nick should have won tonight.

Missed a couple

1987 Platten, hawks lost
1989 Couch, cats lost
1997 Harvey, saints lost
2000 Woewodin, dees lost
2005 Cousins, eagles lost
2006 Goodes, swans lost
2007 Bartel, cats won
2009 Ablett, cats won

Unfortunately like the cats in recent years (2007 Bartel, 2009 Ablett) the lions have a habit of winning both

2001 Akermanis
2002 Black

Another double since ‘87 is 1993 Wanganeen, bombers won

It currently stands at 14 Premiership/Brownlow winners, 15 Runners Up With Dusty the most recent double winner.

So either Neale will tie it up at 15 all, or it’ll be yet another sweet 16 on Saturday!

I do take it seriously. Sure, there have been dud winners, but overwhelmingly they have been the absolute champions of the game.

Nick should have won tonight.
No he shouldn't have , but he was a chance and he did really well. No injuries and it was his but he got injured

Umps do a good job overall. I think Brownlow and the coaches award are the best 2 and they correlate well. People need to understand the stats on a race voted in this way between 700 odd starters. Vagaries will make it impossible to agree 100%.

But the coaches award and the Brownlow have good correlation year after year. All competition awards are midfielder awards in the current game because mids have the major and very consistent influence on the modern game.

This year the the AFLCA and Brownlow had the same 6 players filling the top 6 places which is great and 7 of the top 10 in common. Its 7, 8 0r 9 every year. Means they are in pretty strong agreement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back