Prediction 2023 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

No he shouldn't have , but he was a chance and he did really well. No injuries and it was his but he got injured

Umps do a good job overall. I think Brownlow and the coaches award are the best 2 and they correlate well. People need to understand the stats on a race voted in this way between 700 odd starters. Vagaries will make it impossible to agree 100%.

But the coaches award and the Brownlow have good correlation year after year. All competition awards are midfielder awards in the current game because mids have the major and very consistent influence on the modern game.

This year the the AFLCA and Brownlow had the same 6 players filling the top 6 places which is great and 7 of the top 10 in common. It’s 7, 8 0r 9 every year. Means they are in pretty strong agreement.
Dont mind the Brownlow as an indicator, but it’s definitely not the indicator. Umpires have their favourites, Nick missed out on 6 votes tonight…and I can’t claim I watch or understand whether the others were similarly mistreated…Gulden certainly stiff in round 24 as well. Having said that I also don’t agree that impact should be measured by stats!

I think by all measures Collingwood is the most successful regular season club, we are under represented in Brownlow wins. As is Carlton to be fair. St Kilda is a real outlier.

How Elliot didn’t get goal of the year I’ll never know…especially after Richmond’s smiling machine won it from a throw.

I do take it seriously. Sure, there have been dud winners, but overwhelmingly they have been the absolute champions of the game.

Nick should have won tonight.

Neale is an absolute champion, been one of the best mids in the game every year for a long time now.

I’m sure it’s been mentioned but gees Horne Francis getting 3 votes against Geelong is just lol, 13 disposals.

I’m sure umpires remember last quarters and second halves more than full games as they don’t have stats to go on.

Neale is an absolute champion, been one of the best mids in the game every year for a long time now.
He sure is, definitely not a dud. But by his own admission, he did not have a year worthy of winning the Brownlow.

Was always going to be difficult for Daicos to hang on missing the last 3 games & being quiet in the 3 before that especially with the extra game this year. Came within a game of sharing the award, however he looked very relaxed by that stage of the count. Petracca, Bontempelli and Neale looked more nervous when they showed the split screen of all 4.

The Umps are there to adjudicate, last night proved in a number of instances they aren’t equipped for judging a footballers impact and overall output.

I think the system needs fixing, it is unfair on Umpires to put them in this position, especially straight after a game with no review or even visibility to stats.

I understand why Nick didn’t win it, and am very proud of him. Congrats to Neale too.

But how Elliot’s goal missed out is mind blowing. It had everything the goal of year should have - craft, skill, magic.

JAMIE WAS ROBBED!!!😩

I don’t think anyone is beating Horne Francis 13 disposals 3 vote game as the ultimate pisstake.
Seriously, wtf were they on! JFH 3 votes when he played s**t, Phillipou got 1 vote in a 13 disposal game, Amartey got 3 votes in a game where he was tactically subbed off after kicking 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, wtf were they on! JFH 3 votes when he played s**t, Phillipou got 1 vote in a 13 disposal game, Amartey got 3 votes in a game where he was tactically subbed off after kicking 4
Maybe the umpire gave his votes to the blonde mullet guy at Port, both of them. I get confused sometimes too.

The Umps are there to adjudicate, last night proved in a number of instances they aren’t equipped for judging a footballers impact and overall output.

I think the system needs fixing, it is unfair on Umpires to put them in this position, especially straight after a game with no review or even visibility to stats.
Leader board looks really similar to all the other awards.

The thing that sealed it for Neale was how few votes Dunkley attracted. That said, Lachie certainly wasn’t undeserving and I toyed with his $12 odds before the count. Already had money on Gulden at $251 so Warner polling all those early votes ahead of him was infuriating

Yeah, few head scratchers for sure. I had Nick on 32 in my count, and I had him 1 vote against Brissy but he didn’t even poll had ray or as second best and he didn’t even poll.

This has to be the year the AFL realises it’s time to take the voting off the umps.

They couldn’t even do their regular job properly this year and there was 4 of them

The All Australian Selection panel decides the 23 best players already.

Let them decide the singular best one.

Adams’ three votes against the Tigers was also a head scratcher.

This has to be the year the AFL realises it’s time to take the voting off the umps.

They couldn’t even do their regular job properly this year and there was 4 of them

The All Australian Selection panel decides the 23 best players already.

Let them decide the singular best one.

Don't give it to them that's a popularity vote as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back