Prediction 2023 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

How the hell did Neale get three votes against us?He wasn’t even among the best three that night.

Considering he only kicked the ball 6 times in that game as well. You just wonder what the umpires saw in that game that everyone else didn't see.
Im tipping what they did see was Neale's name on the voting slip and thought he must have played well because Brisbane won....

Don't give it to them that's a popularity vote as well

At least you'll get:

The better result
Better chance of a non-midfielder winning it
People who are actually watching/analysing the game deciding

…and Daicos no votes for a 40 possession game.
The Neale votes were rubbish, but Daicos was only predicted to poll 1 vote in that game. Was third in coaches votes for that game, and from memory his player rating was around 6th in that game. I had Daicos finishing on 29 and Neale 23.

Daicos wasn't robbed of votes, possibly just that 1 in the game you and others refer to, but Neale was the definition of KOTD

Are we going to talk about Mitchell's impact during the season? Seeing as he 'stole' a bit of Nick's thunder, it speaks volumes about how much hard work he's putting in and recognition from those that see it first-hand.

By god you would think the Lions were attending a wake last night. Once, a very long time ago, I attended a wedding of my (now ex) wife's best friend up in Nhill. They were wowsers, and you had your choice of water, soft drink or going thirsty. They played John Denver on the jukebox. The utter nihilism I felt that night paled in comparison to the looks on all the faces of the Brisbane team, especially when Neale won.

The robot waiter that is Neale was an absolute energy drainer in his speech. You'd never want him over for a dinner party. ZZzzzzzzzz.

Fair dues to him, though, he can play.

Considering he only kicked the ball 6 times in that game as well. You just wonder what the umpires saw in that game that everyone else didn't see.
Im tipping what they did see was Neale's name on the voting slip and thought he must have played well because Brisbane won....
He also got 3 votes against GWS for 7 kicks and 13 handballs, 0 goals. Average game, perhaps worthy of a vote but not 3.
And it has been documented how Daicos missed a potential 4 votes in two games where he dominated. Against the Eagles he got 2 votes Dom Sheed 3 votes, Eagles lost by 63 points.
36 touches, 2 goals against the Lions in R4 = 0 votes

I think that Nick's votes were pretty much on the mark.

I watch a lot of the Bulldogs games (grandson supports them) and I thought it should have gone to the Bont. He had a great year almost had his team on his shoulders every week.

Take the voting off the umpires.

Lachie Neale was easy money for me this year

My reasoning was that Brisbane won the 2nd most games, but since all the Brisbane players just look like some random PE teacher from 1990s, it would be too hard for an umpire to know who was who, so they would just give votes to Neale.

This has to be the year the AFL realises it’s time to take the voting off the umps.

They couldn’t even do their regular job properly this year and there was 4 of them

The All Australian Selection panel decides the 23 best players already.

Let them decide the singular best one.
I don't see what all the carry on is about. Brownlow leader board was remarkably close to the Coaches Award. Exactly the same players in the top 6 with a slightly different order.

Last edited:
Not sure why afl still give the umpires the job of judging the league’s best and fairest In 2023.
Also, what a wankfest.
Just like most afl, TV etc media.

Check in morning who won. Cool.

Games...turn TV on at first bounce.

Or listen to endless Fappery

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because he clearly received votes when he shouldn't have received votes. Remove those votes and someone else wins.
You can make the same case for any of the awards, AFLCA, the AA team, etc,

The Brownlow is a bit of fun with a long tradition. These days it nearly always goes to a star (that wasn't always the case). Let it roll with the umps making their calls rather than a bunch of fat blokes on a couch.

The Brownlow is a bit of fun with a long tradition. These days it nearly always goes to a star (that wasn't always the case). Let it roll with the umps making their calls rather than a bunch of fat blokes on a couch.
Why should a bunch of skinny nerds decide

Umps don't always get it right but this one was off by miles.

383817156_863919118423213_3974931251689916889_n.jpg

Why should a bunch of skinny nerds decide
Because it was written many years ago by someone and now it's a tradition. It's all about umpires and blondes on red carpets, with an increasing number of brunettes. Leave it alone. If you don't value blondes or brunettes or the Brownlow - go watch the coaches award, or some Slobbo reckonings or Mike Sheahans top 50.

Then again whining about the Brownlow is also a fabulous tradition, so carry on.

Last edited:
Because it was written many years ago by someone and now it's a tradition. It's all about umpires and blondes on red carpets, with an increasing number of brunettes. Leave it alone. If you don't value blondes or brunettes or the Brownlow - go watch the coaches award, or some Slobbo reckonings or Mike Sheahans top 50.

Then again whining about the Brownlow is also a fabulous tradition, so carry on.
I will never stop whining

Worst 3 vote game of all time?

And Daicos w' 38 touches against the bears would have to be the best performance not to receive a single vote.

By deciding to be an umpire one is virtually choosing a life of abuse. This isn't helping their cause. :)

How fat do the blokes have to be to be able to vote? Asking for a friend.

I watch a lot of the Bulldogs games (grandson supports them) and I thought it should have gone to the Bont. He had a great year almost had his team on his shoulders every week.

Don’t disagree with Bont being a more deserving winner however I can’t understand how they couldn’t find at least 1-2 votes for :
38 touches going at almost 80%
2 goals
12 score involvements
633m gained
5 clearances

my other half is a dog supporter so I watch them most weeks.

Bontempelli cruises through a lot of games and then bursts for a quarter or so. He has patches of playing incredible and unstoppable contested ball and imo its usually after half time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back