Universal Love 2023 Brownlow Medal

Where does Christian Petracca finish in the 2023 Brownlow Medal?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No way Neale should be a two-time Brownlow winner. Great player but shouldn't be in that rarified air.

Feel for Bont, best player in the game for a couple of years imo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Reckon if you asked any team one player they'd take from another club it'd be a toss up between Bont, Greene, and Curnow. Proper match winners.

Reckon if you asked any team one player they'd take from another club it'd be a toss up between Bont, Greene, and Curnow. Proper match winners.
I wouldn't even take Neale first from Brisbane, I'd look at Mcluggage most likely

Just saw Lachie Neale didn't even make the AA squad lol. Quicker they trash this award the better. They should combine all the awards and get it done ✅

Some of the votes are so baffling it makes me wonder whether that bloke who got done for rigging brownlow votes last year was just the tip of the iceberg.

JHF 3 votes for a 13 disposal game. Insane
Either the umps just combined him and Bergman. Or they put so little focus on who is playing well that they just pick whichever high profile player comes into their head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He also had 1 mark, 1 tackle, 2 clearances, 0 goals, 0 goal assists it was about an average game as you could play.

Yep, and Neale was bog ordinary against GWS, yet both got the votes despite low disposal numbers.

Yep, and Neale was bog ordinary against GWS, yet both got the votes despite low disposal numbers.
In the same game Cameron had 15 disposals, kicked 7.2, had 6 marks and a goal assist and got 2 votes. A ten times better game with only two more disposals.

I always thought it was just a most disposals award but now I'm genuinely starting to think the umpires are just picking the name of the players they know.

In the same game Cameron had 15 disposals, kicked 7.2, had 6 marks and a goal assist and got 2 votes. A ten times better game with only two more disposals.

I always thought it was just a most disposals award but now I'm genuinely starting to think the umpires are just picking the name of the players they know.

Yep, I genuinely think this could be the year that changes how it's decided, some baffling votes.

Paddy Cripps by his standards had a bog ordinary year. Wasn't bad, didn't set the world on fire either. Polls 5 more votes than Charlie Curnow! The medal is cooked. So many mindboggling votes throughout the night.

The JHF 3 voter was a howler. As was the 20 possession 3 voter for Neale. But the biggest joke for mine was Amartey getting the 3 in a game where only played 50% gametime and got subbed off!!

If Cripps got suspended last season(which he should have), Neale would be a triple Brownlow winner! WTF!?

The JHF 3 voter was a howler. As was the 20 possession 3 voter for Neale. But the biggest joke for mine was Amartey getting the 3 in a game where only played 50% gametime and got subbed off!!

If Cripps got suspended last season(which he should have), Neale would be a triple Brownlow winner! WTF!?
If Cripps was suspended last year (as he *ing should've been) and Lachie won it, I can be certain that Lachie wouldn't have won this year. It just screams 'fix-up for last year'.

Once again, the issue of part time umpires comes around. These blokes are earning peanuts and yet are directly responsible for gambling outcomes over 1b p/a, of course they are prime candiates for corruption or coercion. Afl is amateur on so many levels on a global stage

Back