2023 Club Membership Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

The SEN membership days are controversial. They could bring in someone that wouldn't have and maybe keep them around long term after experiencing the benefits. But they really piss off loyal members that just roll over each year automatically that might not get any added benefit in doing so.

The SEN membership days are controversial. They could bring in someone that wouldn't have and maybe keep them around long term after experiencing the benefits. But they really piss off loyal members that just roll over each year automatically that might not get any added benefit in doing so.
Do they do non victorian teams.? Other than Brisbane and Sydney

Do they do non victorian teams.? Other than Brisbane and Sydney
No I don’t think so. Being a Victorian audience I don’t think they would think there’d be enough interest to hear those clubs players / administrators on the airwaves all day. No disrespect to them of course!

Update

Richmond = 87,185
Collingwood = 77,361 (as of March 1)
Carlton = 76,425
Geelong = 62,626
Essendon = 62,439
Hawthorn = 55,000 (as of February 17)
Fremantle = 50,701
Port Adelaide = 50,622
Melbourne = 49,850
St Kilda = 45,000 (as of March 2)
Sydney = 41,803
Western Bulldogs = 39,000 (as of February 20)
North Melbourne = 38,898
GWS = 20,000 (as of February 1)
The GWS membership is over 23,000: “Our membership tally has already surpassed 23,000 – up 16 per cent on this time last year – as we look to once again move beyond 30,000 members in 2023.”

Update

Richmond = 87,185
Collingwood = 77,361 (as of March 1)
Carlton = 76,425
Geelong = 62,626
Essendon = 62,439
Hawthorn = 55,000 (as of February 17)
Fremantle = 50,701
Port Adelaide = 50,622
Melbourne = 49,850
St Kilda = 45,000 (as of March 2)
Sydney = 41,803
Western Bulldogs = 39,000 (as of February 20)
North Melbourne = 38,898
GWS = 20,000 (as of February 1)
They look pretty healthy esp Essendon and Hawthorn who most pundits are suggesting will have ordinary seasons and not make the eight.
The GWS membership is over 23,000: “Our membership tally has already surpassed 23,000 – up 16 per cent on this time last year – as we look to once again move beyond 30,000 members in 2023.”

Interesting as most pundits have GWS in the bottom half of the ladder.

They look pretty healthy esp Essendon and Hawthorn who most pundits are suggesting will have ordinary seasons and not make the eight.

Interesting as most pundits have GWS in the bottom half of the ladder.
Essendon going poorly. Compared to same time last year, ~2,500 down.

I would have thought not many clubs would be up on last year, given the cost of living increases.

I think most clubs would be putting extra effort into retaining members and a lot less into securing new members. I think very few people would be looking for a new expense.

I wonder how Kayo will go with that this year too.

If the overall number of members this year is higher than last year it'd be a success for the AFL industry.

I expect a bit more grass-roots involvement too.
Alternatively - Could fans be signing up as they go '$297 to buy 11 matchday tickets to Melbourne games. But $248 for the membership AND 10% off merch'

They could look at it as $50 savings just for the tickets, then more if they buy more (for example, I buy the indigenous guernsey every year. So getting a discount there is much appreciated)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit lost here, is there a 2023 Teamcoach cards thread?

You can’t take this stuff to seriously.
Rd1 hanging for footy 3 months to plan no school holidays or Easter to deal with, if your genuine your there!
Giants 25k+ members 8k attendance
Saints 45k+ members 23k attendance
North 40k members 21k attendance
Port 50k+ members 34k attendance
Suns 25k members 13k attendance
And so on.
Giants suns north and saints couldn’t even muster up half their members to rd 1.
Saints claim to be die hard 20k to rd 1 at roof stadium is as poor as the anchors performance

Carlton as at 20th March ...

Up 9.8K as same time last year.

167927700915337910986417bbd1cc371_desktop.png.webp

You can’t take this stuff to seriously.
Rd1 hanging for footy 3 months to plan no school holidays or Easter to deal with, if your genuine your there!
Giants 25k+ members 8k attendance
Saints 45k+ members 23k attendance
North 40k members 21k attendance
Port 50k+ members 34k attendance
Suns 25k members 13k attendance
And so on.
Giants suns north and saints couldn’t even muster up half their members to rd 1.
Saints claim to be die hard 20k to rd 1 at roof stadium is as poor as the anchors performance
I'm not gonna argue on the seriousness of membership numbers and stuff but "If you're genuine, You're there" is just silly - That's just assuming that majority of members/fan can make it to every home game, or even round 1. people have lives n s**t.
I've got an 11 game membership for years, and I've missed several round 1 games due to whatever reasons and I'm always bound to miss several home games throughout the year - doesn't make me not "genuine" , and I'd say that majority of AFL Fans are like this.

Plus buying a membership is still supporting the club, whether you make it to the games or not.

I'm not gonna argue on the seriousness of membership numbers and stuff but "If you're genuine, You're there" is just silly - That's just assuming that majority of members/fan can make it to every home game, or even round 1. people have lives n s**t.
I've got an 11 game membership for years, and I've missed several round 1 games due to whatever reasons and I'm always bound to miss several home games throughout the year - doesn't make me not "genuine" , and I'd say that majority of AFL Fans are like this.

Plus buying a membership is still supporting the club, whether you make it to the games or not.
Of course there’s a few genuine that miss but less then half teams “members” not showing up to rd 1 gives an indication of the difference between someone getting a membership to get cheap kayo or spoil their pets and genuine game day Supporters.
I’ve seen people get dogs membership for kayo but barrack for another team.
It shows up in financials when some clubs have less members but far greater revenue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back