Discussion 2023 Completed teams

Remove this Banner Ad

I've actually finished my trades last week with Green to Sicily, instead of getting in either Walsh or Docherty for JHF

I'm not too sure if that was the right trade now, but it's done & I'm done for the year

I'm going to ride the last 6 weeks with this team and no more trades left! :straining:

But, I've got $112K to contribute to the party :D

1689510086280.png

Thought I’d finished off a few weeks back like many, But kept getting hit with injuries.

2 trades Left, and only for season ending injuries (playing for rank, not league)

DP cover everywhere, should be good to make up more ground inside 1k rank for first time ever.

IMG_1752.jpeg

Actually finished my team last week with MJ => Mills trade. Reasonably happy with this, especially with Gawn's turnaround. Still holding a couple trades so might trade Ashcroft to Sicily in a couple weeks, move Keays to mid and Sheezel to forward to open the DPP cover on every line with 1 trade left in case a ruck goes down.

1689567031854.png

Prob just use the last trade and get it over with this week. Very disjointed and way too much cash tied up in cover, but is what it is.
Only real chance of not getting pumped is another cavalcade of injuries to highly owned blokes so the depth is tested.
But seems a bit s**t to sit there praying for injuries, tbh.
Could always grab Doch instead of Touk, funds would stretch to that, but zero man love left for Dochers after his early season shitness.
1689675074685.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

completed sc team 2023.png
Ok so the final team is done (used an injury trade of Ridley to Daniel).
Premo cover every line rest of the year (Jez) and solid cover in Windy and MJ.
Was 1.7k off getting Butters but given my ranking I'd prefer Daniel due to defensive cover as I wouldn't want to field Chesser at D6 if another defender goes down (touchwood hopefully not)

Hope Daniel can be a good pod and keep up his good scoring in Ballarat this weekend.

Welcome to the 0 trades club :sunglasses:

May as well show my shrivelled wang here as my completed team.

It's less embarrassing.

I mean, it's embarrassing.

But I don't own Rozee, Taranto, Stewart, Sicily, Laird, English, Sinclair, Butters, Zerrett or Petracca.

Seems like my whole season has been spent death-riding kents I should own.

So yeah, my tiny wrinkly peen is comparatively less shameful.

Don't worry, I'm not gonna show it either.

You're welcome

IMG_1055.png

Two injury trades.

Screenshot_20230731_114701_SuperCoach~2.jpg
Screenshot_20230731_114706_SuperCoach~2.jpg

This is the longest it's ever taken me. The patient game has paid off, because we head for home ranked inside the top 1% overall and 2nd on the ladder in my most important league.

Final trade this week is Tarryn Thomas to Touk Miller.

The name of the game this season has been ignoring flavour of the month players and only upgrading to premiums when they have realistically bottomed out.
Aside from Jordan Dawson, I don't have 1 premium player who I 'overpaid' for.
Neale, Stewart, Sinclair, Kelly, Miller, Gawn, Brayshaw and Cameron all came into my side at their lowest price, or very close to it. Even when an injury struck, I tried to go as sideways as possible to conserve spending money.

Newcombe has been a solid POD. 11 tons for the season which has been super helpful. 93 isn't a strong average for a final M8 midfielder, but he's been more durable than the likes of Cripps, Mills, Walsh and other popular players.

Biggest risk of the year was trading Marshall to Gawn in round 9. It didn't look good for a while but has paid off in spades this past month.

Every season I trade in Macrae or Merrett, and I've really missed not owning the latter. Will probably start with him next year to make up for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back