2023 Crowds and TV/Streaming

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that the worst ever sell out at Docklands? I’m pretty sure even Essendon in many more opportunities haven’t had one that low.

I reckon Dreamtime would be the lowest sellout at the MCG too.
Problem is all the GA tickets would've sold but it's dependent in Collingwood members with home game access showing up as well as North fans with away access, plus corporates, Medallion Club etc.

Personally, I blame the members sooking up on the Side by Side FB page. I'm sick of people whining about having to go to Marvel for 2 to 3 ho.e games a year. Is it ideal? No. But it is what it is so deal with it.

Genuinely infuriating crowd at Docklands. I was perfectly ready to accept a “sell out” that was around the 43k mark but that‘s rubbish.

I really think the club shouldn’t sell reserved seats at Docklands. Give those that currently buy 11 game reserved seat packages first crack at the seats but only make them available the week of the game. It’s ridiculous that people couldn’t buy a seat to that game and there’s less than 40k there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuinely infuriating crowd at Docklands. I was perfectly ready to accept a “sell out” that was around the 43k mark but that‘s rubbish.

I really think the club shouldn’t sell reserved seats at Docklands. Give those that currently buy 11 game reserved seat packages first crack at the seats but only make them available the week of the game. It’s ridiculous that people couldn’t buy a seat to that game and there’s less than 40k there.
I agree. Although Carlton in recent weeks and Essendon supporters for about a decade have lamented the exact fact you’re staying. I’ve lost count how many times Essendon have drawn between 41-45,000 to a sell out at that place. A seat resale system has been tried but didn’t deliver material outcomes. It’s a problem that isn’t easily solved.

I agree. Although Carlton in recent weeks and Essendon supporters for about a decade have lamented the exact fact you’re staying. I’ve lost count how many times Essendon have drawn between 41-45,000 to a sell out at that place. A seat resale system has been tried but didn’t deliver material outcomes. It’s a problem that isn’t easily solved.

It‘s more problematic for Essendon and Carlton with the number of home games that are there. Collingwood only has the 2 to deal with and it shouldn’t affect the reserved seat package holders too much to have to just effectively confirm their attendance during the week of the games.

Essendon get their chance this coming week with their first home game at Marvel since Round 4 (vs GWS) when they play Kangas. Should be a sell out too but it’ll be interesting to see how many actually show!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Essendon get their chance this coming week with their first home game at Marvel since Round 4 (vs GWS) when they play Kangas. Should be a sell out too but it’ll be interesting to see how many actually show!

It won’t be a sell out. Don’t think that late Sunday spot will be too popular.

I do not disagree with your logic. Clubs need to get smarter at maximising attendances across the board, hard though when there is no financial incentive for them to do so.

In saying that, you are talking about a membership base that have the audacity and entitlement to expect a reserve seat at away an game.

Imagine if they told them they couldn’t have one at a ‘real’ home game.

Gotta hand it to West Coast fans.....their team is the worst in history but they were 200 off having the biggest crowd of the round.

Their drawing power is unparalleled, not even Collingwood or Richmond would put up those numbers coming off historically terrible performances and extended failure.

When would a bottom 10 Richmond ever draw more than 30k against an interstate team?

I see your point, but it's more like, how can a 100,000 member strong, original big-four, "Powerhouse" Melbourne-based club, who have won 3 of the last 6 flags and genuinely call the MCG home (as opposed to some clubs being shoehorned in) manage to fill 3/10ths of their home ground. Last year they got 21,000 to a Thursday Night game. It's like Manchester United only getting 9,000 to Old Trafford - doesn't matter if it's raining or it's Sunday, it just doesn't make sense for any game for clubs like these.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back