Oppo Camp 2023 Death Ride: Poorta dlelie Footbal Club Power (Est. 1997) - Port out in straight sets, NMFC get pick #14

Where will the 1997 boys finish next year?

• 15th - 18th

Votes: 68 19.9%
  • 9th - 14th

Votes: 158 46.3%
  • 5th - 8th

Votes: 67 19.6%
  • 1st - 4th

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like he's thought this through. Suspicious IMO.
I think that guy in the UK being smashed up by security got him worried. But no joke, he said that he'd often be on a train or a tram and people would rock up to sit down, take a second look them move dow the other end away from where he was sitting.

I think that guy in the UK being smashed up by security got him worried. But no joke, he said that he'd often be on a train or a tram and people would rock up to sit down, take a second look them move dow the other end away from where he was sitting.
Fair enough too. I was joking but I absolutely get it, there were a couple of very nasty incidents a few years back in London in particular.

Not a nice feeling, when I lived in Japan we used to get the whole don't want to sit next to a Gaijin thing at times. As young blokes it used to annoy us but in reality it's mostly not worth worrying about - mild (or worse) xenophobia isn't going to change due to ranting a lot. It will just make an even bigger negative impression, easy to say when you're not in the moment though.

How the * is their offer " slightly better"?

All clubs tried to get inside the top 5 at draft time.

On Wardlaw View attachment 1635410

Word on the street is that George is that 'explosive' his nickname around the club is Abu Bakr al- Bagdadi.

( I can say that because today I am identifying as a Middle Eastern swarthy type.)

You see Nostra and I mean you'd know I suppose as future reading is your thing.

While we have great ball-winning abilities we still are a tad one-paced in the guts

1.Cunners
2.Phillips
3.Simpkin
4.Powell

So I think when we team LDU with Abu Bakr al-Bagdadi aka George we will improve even further.
You know I'm correct
Al-Bagdadi is from Iraq. You should have called him Mohammad Atta.

#racismisnotokayok.

I used to work with an Egyptian guy. Occasionally, as we'd be heading to Southern Cross station the train would pull onto the platform and I'd say that we should make a dash to try and catch it. His response: "You go on ahead if you like. if the crowd on the platform see a Muslim guy wearing a backpack making a dash there's going to be mass panic and I'll probably be shot by security".
Well he wasn't brazillian.

Captain courageous pulls the amazingly brave move to move back to the warm bosom of mummy and his bottled breast milk. The courage of the pea heart is just astounding. Such a brave brave warrior treading the path of least resistance.

I used to work with an Egyptian guy. Occasionally, as we'd be heading to Southern Cross station the train would pull onto the platform and I'd say that we should make a dash to try and catch it. His response: "You go on ahead if you like. if the crowd on the platform see a Muslim guy wearing a backpack making a dash there's going to be mass panic and I'll probably be shot by security".
OIP._CELGJf1WBB3IWXi6mc_NwHaHd

So Jason never wanted to play in Melbourne and bolted home as soon as possible. Would have been better if he was a professional about it, like Nathan Buckley, but that’s life - without knowing there was no chance of him staying, and given who else was available, he was worth the punt, and we have recouped our losses as well as we could. Doubtless he will play better now he is where he wants to be, and in a better club than North was in 2022, and if he lives up to his predraft form that standard will be pretty good.

All that matters now is the death ride that determines the final price we got paid for him. Out of our control except when we play them, so it’s just a bit of fun. Not off to the best start but there’s a long way to go.

so one thing im finding weird is this whole "misdiagnosis" thing. Goes to Port, they decide he needs significant surgery on his legs, huge mothref*cking scars to show for it, push the narrative that this was all north's fault, obviously that would interrupt his pre-season. And then he comes out and plays a dominant game instantly round 1.

So, doesn't REALLY seem like it efffected his preparation at all, does it? Unless they were expecting some sorta 60 possession game straight up. That or the surgery was so easy to recover from, how bad was it in the first place?

So Jason never wanted to play in Melbourne and bolted home as soon as possible. Would have been better if he was a professional about it, like Nathan Buckley, but that’s life - without knowing there was no chance of him staying, and given who else was available, he was worth the punt, and we have recouped our losses as well as we could. Doubtless he will play better now he is where he wants to be, and in a better club than North was in 2022, and if he lives up to his predraft form that standard will be pretty good.

All that matters now is the death ride that determines the final price we got paid for him. Out of our control except when we play them, so it’s just a bit of fun. Not off to the best start but there’s a long way to go.

I hadn't heard he didn't want to play in Melb, but he definitely wasn't ready for a move interstate. Well, Nathan did take 10K from North and famously lay on a bed eating an apple while telling us he wasn't coming.
He never returned the 10K either. The crew of Arch, Carey Stevens etc never let him forget that.

Had he been more honest, I suggest he would be wearing a Crows jumper. Am fairly confident that JHFF in the Crows kit would have been more unsavoury than Jase wearing North kit.
Now we apparently never really entertained a trade with the Crows. So I suppose the unanswerable question is, what could we have gotten out of Adelaide had we seriously entertained a swap?
They may have been able to work some magic in other ways ( Crows)

As you say the DR is on and should be our focus, I'm not fussed with Ports finishing spot tbh. We have two first-rounders next season to go along with the two we had this year. That is one hell of a leg up.

Four years worth in two years, not sure that a lot of BF folk understand how immense that really is.

I feel we've almost cheated the comp with the amount of young talent coming in reminds me of a start-up franchise, with of course 150 plus years of history lol

2023- First rounder
2023- First rounder

2022- Sheezel
2020-Wardlaw
2022-George ( a bit of wait and see but is highly rated )
2022- Logue ( free)
2022- Tucker ( free)

2021-Goater
2021-Curtis
2021-Bergman
2021-Archer

2020-Phillips
2020-Powell

13 players in four seasons of which 6 will be first rounders, just lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hadn't heard he didn't want to play in Melb, but he definitely wasn't ready for a move interstate. Well, Nathan did take 10K from North and famously lay on a bed eating an apple while telling us he wasn't coming.
He never returned the 10K either. The crew of Arch, Carey Stevens etc never let him forget that.

Had he been more honest, I suggest he would be wearing a Crows jumper. Am fairly confident that JHFF in the Crows kit would have been more unsavoury than Jase wearing North kit.
Now we apparently never really entertained a trade with the Crows. So I suppose the unanswerable question is, what could we have gotten out of Adelaide had we seriously entertained a swap?
They may have been able to work some magic in other ways ( Crows)

As you say the DR is on and should be our focus, I'm not fussed with Ports finishing spot tbh. We have two first-rounders next season to go along with the two we had this year. That is one hell of a leg up.

Four years worth in two years, not sure that a lot of BF folk understand how immense that really is.

I feel we've almost cheated the comp with the amount of young talent coming in reminds me of a start-up franchise, with of course 150 plus years of history lol

2023- First rounder
2023- First rounder

2022- Sheezel
2020-Wardlaw
2022-George ( a bit of wait and see but is highly rated )
2022- Logue ( free)
2022- Tucker ( free)

2021-Goater
2021-Curtis
2021-Bergman
2021-Archer

2020-Phillips
2020-Powell

13 players in four seasons of which 6 will be first rounders, just lol
Just the world realigning itself to what we've always seemed to have missed out on :cool:

Just the world realigning itself to what we've always seemed to have missed out on :cool:

Ha that is true and while one should never wish their life away, and another 40-odd games to our core group of youngsters and we will be a very good side.

It of course is about pacing yourself and our run will or should coincide with the departure of some good sides above us and their KP talent. Where ours will be coming into its own.

Anyway it will be a great time to support the Roos, it always is bit even better

This gif just goes to show, it’s Uber eats or movie night on the couch for the NORTH faithful.

Meanwhile there’s plenty of JHF highlights here.
Enjoy;)

Hi little Dicky. 👋

Last edited by a moderator:
This gif just goes to show, it’s Uber eats or movie night on the couch for the NORTH faithful.

Meanwhile there’s plenty of JHF highlights here.
Enjoy;)

I'm happy for you. JHF played alright for us rd1 last year too

Last edited by a moderator:
Back