Position 2023 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone looking at Ridley, the forgotten 2021 Premo?
Scott looking at a more controlled possession game plan, which works well with my great crap team Ess. Thinking the ball will be in our backline a lot with the young side and if they decide to play keepings off, he is elite by foot. Maybe a watch PS watch.
Definitely a rock solid pick. IMO Young & Daicos offer way more upside at similiar prices. Most opting for 1-2 super premo then those guys.

Anyone looking at Ridley, the forgotten 2021 Premo?
Scott looking at a more controlled possession game plan, which works well with my great crap team Ess. Thinking the ball will be in our backline a lot with the young side and if they decide to play keepings off, he is elite by foot. Maybe a watch PS watch.

problem is the benchmark for defenders has gone up since his best years average (just over 100) from the compromised 2020 year.

I started him last year but he was swiftly given the arse after rd 2.

Anyone else struggling to find a good balance in Defence?
Last year was much easier with Sicily & Hewitt both under $450k we didn't need to start $600k players.
This year most of the $500k and under players really have question marks as whether they will end up as keepers and the $600k players are at their peak price so is the value there.

Last year was much easier with Sicily & Hewitt both under $450k we didn't need to start $600k players.
This year most of the $500k and under players really have question marks as whether they will end up as keepers and the $600k players are at their peak price so is the value there.

I feel Doch is good value, especially with Walsh out. He's training with the midfield. I think one of the $600k defenders is required, two max is enough.

I'm running this for now, but have enough cash held back to grab Yeo for a rookie if I need it.

1674952493819.png

we sent a search party out weeks ago looking for value defenders - they are yet to report back with positive news

I feel Doch is good value, especially with Walsh out. He's training with the midfield. I think one of the $600k defenders is required, two max is enough.

I'm running this for now, but have enough cash held back to grab Yeo for a rookie if I need it.

View attachment 1595840

Yeah currently Doch & Daicos are the only locks in my team. Not sure on Young with Logue gone will he play a bit more defensive now?

View attachment 1595840
If you compare Docs higher scores with his heat map. It’s when the coach threw him into the midfield. Plus loves to tackle, eg another Laird.
A Lock now he is training with the Mids.

we sent a search party out weeks ago looking for value defenders - they are yet to report back with positive news
Value you ask ??
Look no further.
Best Seagull GIFs | Gfycat

Surely the mighty one is allowed a down season. Neale had a shitty season in 2021 and we couldn't wait to hop onboard last year.
I'm all over him at this price. He's a spesh.

Two premo's, two mid-pricers, two rookies might be the go?

Sic-dawg - Dawson - Yeo - Bowes - Goater - Ginbey for example. Avoid that $450-550k area altogether.

Agree, the sub-premo's are not quite so enticing, and it feels risky getting too many $600k+ guys as one bad score and everyone gets them cheap.

Sic-dawg - Dawson - Yeo - Bowes - Goater - Ginbey for example. Avoid that $450-550k area altogether.

Agree, the sub-premo's are not quite so enticing, and it feels risky getting too many $600k+ guys as one bad score and everyone gets them cheap.
Great in theory, but you miss the goat-in-waiting with that approach. He'll also get MID-DEF after round 6 increasing his value.

Great in theory, but you miss the goat-in-waiting with that approach. He'll also get MID-DEF after round 6 increasing his value.
I like Daicos as a pick, but I'm not sure he's a lock. He got tagged a bit toward the end of the year, and teams have had an off-season to think of dealing with him. And given his price he would still be very attainable as an upgrade target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Daicos as a pick, but I'm not sure he's a lock. He got tagged a bit toward the end of the year, and teams have had an off-season to think of dealing with him. And given his price he would still be very attainable as an upgrade target.

He's also had a second off season himself, and will be better for it.

See I also look at it comparing players in another position. Say Young is $508k now for around that price Forward you can get Taranto/Rozee so I know where I would rather spend my $500k but we still need to fill those 6 positions in Defence. I'm hoping Bowes and McKenna both play and it will make the decisions easier.

Value you ask ??
Look no further.
Best Seagull GIFs | Gfycat

Surely the mighty one is allowed a down season. Neale had a shitty season in 2021 and we couldn't wait to hop onboard last year.
I'm all over him at this price. He's a spesh.

what happens when Lizard steals his chips?

tenacious frilled neck lizard GIF

See I also look at it comparing players in another position. Say Young is $508k now for around that price Forward you can get Taranto/Rozee so I know where I would rather spend my $500k but we still need to fill those 6 positions in Defence. I'm hoping Bowes and McKenna both play and it will make the decisions easier.
Interesting as I'm not sure Taranto out-scores Young. Don't see him going more than 105.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back