Position 2023 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

He didn't really seem to be in defence in the second half?
He always had a man next to him. Dunno if that was the Cats saying "man up on Doch", or if Doch just had to defend.

He didn't really seem to be in defence in the second half?
Doch looked to play the exact role Daicos did around stoppages last week but obviously the cats manned him up at all times unlike last week
Watched it real close

Doch will be fine but god Saad is good!
Would be a much funner pick as he picks up points defensively with his pressure and tackling where as doch needs to be fed to score

Fr8R5tMaAAAhDF1

1679618650762.png

One of the reasons i went with B.Campbell was to have the ability to go sideways to Yeo or Bowes when they came back. Looks like Bowes may become almost a must have after round 3, if he puts up another decent score next round. Im happy to bank the 50-70k that Campbell > Bowes will make for me.

Brennan Cox averaging 135 or so.

Strange world, I wouldn’t have the balls at his price.

Surely drops a fair bit once he plays some better teams with good forwards.

'To Bowes or not to Bowes' will play a part in my decision whether to drop a trade boost and use my 3rd trade to move Darcy to Cameron

~$50k in the bank if I hold my trade boost and Darcy
~$150k in the bank if I use my trade boost and move Darcy on for Cameron

The latter allows me to grab Bowes for my weakest (or dropped) rookie next week

'To Bowes or not to Bowes' will play a part in my decision whether to drop a trade boost and use my 3rd trade to move Darcy to Cameron

Thinking similar. Allows me to upgrade flanders and get bowes next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crap Coach and team this year, but at least my bog standard backline is bringing the joy.

Ginbey in guts.

Taken me 20 mins to do this post, on new drug trial, will be back to see how they fare- whenever

And don't * my Brennan, leave him in the backline, unless he doe's go better in forwards of course, and by my calculations that's 3 tons on the trot this year- can any other spuds claim that.

1679933936831.png

Same situation for me. I m trading Darcy for Darcy with a view to either grab Bowes or Crozier

For all the MPMs out there.

Rampe anyone?

At only $330K will make some good money and return some half decent scores. 150 in R1.

Talk to me about the Ridler BOMBERBLITZ. Was awesome round one and back to his old intercepting role. Didn’t see the Bombers game last week. Did his role change? Or Redman doing that role now?

(Still spewing I didn’t stick with Redman who I had all preseason :()

Talk to me about the Ridler BOMBERBLITZ. Was awesome round one and back to his old intercepting role. Didn’t see the Bombers game last week. Did his role change? Or Redman doing that role now?

He's definitely been freed up but isn't the guy they are actively trying to play through like he was when going massive a few years back.

Ridley will come good, he's an excellent ball user.

No surprises with Reddog though!

When you look at line up this weekend it looks like he is going to have to play tall with BZT out. Will play on either Cordy or Caminitti.

Hopefully the Essendon backs can channel the freo backs from a few weeks ago.

Zerk Thatcher got injured and Ridley shifted into an accountable role to cover that loss.

Essendon has picked Kane Baldwin as the sub who has been playing FB in the VFL (and was a handy forward previous to this season)

So it’s possible Ridley gets freed up when he comes on but not guaranteed.

Honestly too many mouths to feed in the Essendon backline that it’s a bit of a crapshoot. Ridley, Redman, McGrath and potentially Langford playing some back. I’m staying away

The player to watchlist is Nick Cox. Was playing CHB in the VFL preseason before getting hurt. Currently a mid classified player could get DPP rd 12 if he’s back by then. Had a good rookie year where he topped out at close to 400k currently priced at 200k

Zerk Thatcher got injured and Ridley shifted into an accountable role to cover that loss.

Essendon has picked Kane Baldwin as the sub who has been playing FB in the VFL (and was a handy forward previous to this season)

So it’s possible Ridley gets freed up when he comes on but not guaranteed.

Honestly too many mouths to feed in the Essendon backline that it’s a bit of a crapshoot. Ridley, Redman, McGrath and potentially Langford playing some back. I’m staying away

The player to watchlist is Nick Cox. Was playing CHB in the VFL preseason before getting hurt. Currently a mid classified player could get DPP rd 12 if he’s back by then. Had a good rookie year where he topped out at close to 400k currently priced at 200k

Is Baldwin sub confirmed? What an odd choice if so. Hind or Snelling make a lot more sense.

Seems everyone is looking at Stewart, but it looks like he's not gonna drop much. Am I the only one that think Sicily is the better option? Stewart has always had the bigger monster scores (3 scores over 160 last year), but also drops the odd 50 or 60. but Sicily is much more consistent and stable with his scoring usually between 105-140 and also can be more confident you wont need to spend another trade on an injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back