Position 2023 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine Cincotta or Plowman will come in for Doc. Either that or Cerra goes behind the ball with the Midfielders coming in.

Jordan Boyd back in full training and expected to play VFL in the next fortnight, he'll threaten Cowan's spot once healthy if he finds form again. Looked to really be coming on before going down end of last year.

Imagine Cincotta or Plowman will come in for Doc. Either that or Cerra goes behind the ball with the Midfielders coming in.

Jordan Boyd back in full training and expected to play VFL in the next fortnight, he'll threaten Cowan's spot once healthy if he finds form again. Looked to really be coming on before going down end of last year.
Another month and Cowan will have moo'd anyway.

Cincotta would be prefect as a downgrade in 2 weeks.

For those who watch GWS closely, would you agree they donā€™t need to keep up with HH as a forward?

5 goals in 4 games with Cadman on the cusp. They kept Phil Davis around (which is ridiculous in itself) so clearly they think thereā€™s back depth needed. Is all of Taylor, HH, Haynes & Buckley too tall? Taylor could definitely take a mid sized forward and be a floating tall.

HH could be 300k soon, if thereā€™s a hint of returning to defence thatā€™s amazing value

Top 10 thoughts?

Daicos number 1
Dawson, Sinclair next tier.
Saad, Sicily also right up there.
Stewart has a low score that might affect his top 6 average but should still go close.
Ryan has started the year with a bang and could finish right up there.

From there itā€™d be Redman, Day, Dale, Lloyd, Rioli as the next tier.
Docherty might be a solid pick on return but top 8-10 average likely out of reach.

I think Iā€™m taking Redman or Dale this week for Docherty, Dale affects my trade plans elsewhere. But then Iā€™m just thinking do I take Sinclair/Saad for a bit of extra safety and sacrifice elsewhere - after all Doc was my ā€œsafeā€ pick.

Top 10 thoughts?

Daicos number 1
Stewart has a low score that might affect his top 6 average but should still go close.

Docherty might be a solid pick on return but top 8-10 average likely out of reach.

I think Iā€™m taking Redman or Dale this week for Docherty, Dale affects my trade plans elsewhere. But then Iā€™m just thinking do I take Sinclair/Saad for a bit of extra safety and sacrifice elsewhere - after all Doc was my ā€œsafeā€ pick.
Yeh think you are right.

I was tossing up between Redman and Dale. Going to go Dale as I think the first week was a blip on the radar and he averaged over 100 last year

Yeh think you are right.

I was tossing up between Redman and Dale. Going to go Dale as I think the first week was a blip on the radar and he averaged over 100 last year

Iā€™m just a little concerned that my defence of Daicos, Dawson, Dale, Day only leaves room for 2 of Stewart, Sicily, Saad & Sinclair.

Dā€™s v Sā€™s

If I go Sinclair this week over Dale I reckon I end up with 5 of the top 8.

I wonā€™t have enough trades to luxury upgrade Day after Gawn, Cameron, Docherty, Cunnington, Jones injury/failed picks.

No love for the OG seagull? Had a good start to the year SC wise and priced well.

Granted haven't really watched him play to know what his role is like.

Get Stewart, better value. Dawson will drop down again at some point. You've probably missed his best score.
We ve probably missed Stewarts best score as well haha, but i agree with youre advice, Stewart is better value. I still think Stewart can be D1 this year, he is such a seagull.

For the non-Day owners:

rd5:
Sinclair bottom out

rd6:
Sicily bottom out or Day at $450k

Who are you taking?

I might try and get Sinclair next week, at ~$555k he looks like great value

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the non-Day owners:

rd5:
Sinclair bottom out

rd6:
Sicily bottom out or Day at $450k

Who are you taking?

I might try and get Sinclair next week, at ~$555k he looks like great value
Depends on rookies doesn't it? The longer we let them moo the better vs geting them off field.

I like Sinclair then Day too though. Watch Sinclair and Sic-dawg smash out 150's this week to ruin our plans.

Top 10 thoughts?

Daicos number 1

Sheezel

Was looking at trading in Luke Ryan, then noticed his stats against Brisbane this week.

I didn't see the game, but does anyone have any explanation how he got this SC score from these stats? Seems outrageous huge CD lipstick?

1682930345859.png

Was looking at trading in Luke Ryan, then noticed his stats against Brisbane this week.

I didn't see the game, but does anyone have any explanation how he got this SC score from these stats? Seems outrageous huge CD lipstick?

View attachment 1675725

Used what he did get really well, but there's a stack of spoils, loose ball gets and a handful of intercepts buried in that score too, much like when Harris Andrews and other KPD's have similar massive anomalies between their raw stat DT and SC scores.

Maybe a little lipstick, but nothing too outrageous watching the game, certainly not Dawson level. ;)

View attachment 1675725

94% DE, 8 intercepts, and 9 spoils. Points for everything he did.

Hayden Young or Will Powell worth a look? Seems some value to be had sub 500

Whitfield <cough> back2back tonnes showing value @ $450k
Just asking for trouble. Wait until the wet weather footy starts and he slips and gets crunched.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back