List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised Eddie hasn’t convinced the AFL to change the rules to make it not happen. Actually Collingwood been rather good in that aspect since he left.

I think there will definitely be noise in the media about the father son rule at some point this year if Will has a fantastic season and Levi continues to dominate.

I think there will definitely be noise in the media about the father son rule at some point this year if Will has a fantastic season and Levi continues to dominate.
There’s a hell of a lot of Victorian father sons this year and next.

There were 4 or 5 in the U16AA team last year. And a lot more in the various State development squads (think SA had 5 or 6, with 4 tied to Vic clubs).

I know there’s still a fair way to go, before next years draft, but not all draft watchers have Levi in the mix for pick 1.

Top end of the draft sure, but he wasn’t a first choice mid for Vic Metro U16’s last year, but played that forward mid role.

There’s a hell of a lot of Victorian father sons this year and next.

There were 4 or 5 in the U16AA team last year. And a lot more in the various State development squads (think SA had 5 or 6, with 4 tied to Vic clubs).

I know there’s still a fair way to go, before next years draft, but not all draft watchers have Levi in the mix for pick 1.

Top end of the draft sure, but he wasn’t a first choice mid for Vic Metro U16’s last year, but played that forward mid role.

That’s good to hear there’s some Victorian father sons around as well. They might be more reluctant to change the rules.

Inedible to think he wasnt only a bottom ager but 3 years below when he won and played in taht Sandringham GF win last year with Will - I mean there wouldnt be many players in that elite comp that are getting games as a double bottom ager or 3 years off. He must be special player.

That’s good to hear there’s some Victorian father sons around as well. They might be more reluctant to change the rules.
F/s is a sacred cow ... any tweaks designed around interefering with us automatically interfere with them in the future :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inedible to think he wasnt only a bottom ager but 3 years below when he won and played in taht Sandringham GF win last year with Will - I mean there wouldnt be many players in that elite comp that are getting games as a double bottom ager or 3 years off. He must be special player.
I’ll call in the experts to answer that. Pie 4 Life eDPS PMBangers.

H
Levi was 2 years below and yeah plenty have played as 16 year olds in grand finals including Tyler Sonsie, Will Phillips and Jaiden Stephenson just off the top of my head.
I know. But the same thing coming from me just gets lost here sometimes.

Lots of U16’s play U18’s each year, especially after the U16 championships and school football has finished.

I’ll call in the experts to answer that. Pie 4 Life eDPS PMBangers.
Thanks briztoon -quick question if i can; is there a map somewhere online - looked on web w/o success of where the elite under 18s teams in Vic are zoned - ive found descriptions such as x team is this region, but im more visual and plus i dont know certain parts of Vic. Not saying they'll make it but have a couple of newphes in Vic with one a very good player that is eligible next season and keen to understand what team he could be zones to?

H

I know. But the same thing coming from me just gets lost here sometimes.

Lots of U16’s play U18’s each year, especially after the U16 championships and school football has finished.

Are you saying we shout down your draft opinions ?
Wheeling in the big guns ey briztoon ;)

Copied from RedmanWasHere. I believe these are the noteable father sons for next year.

Levi Ashcroft. (Marcus, Brisbane.)

Ky Burgoyne. (Shaun, Port Adelaide and Hawthorn.)

Rome Burgoyne. (Peter, Port Adelaide.)

Ben and Lucas Camporeale. (Scott, Carlton.)

Noah Caracella. (Blake, Essendon.)

Charlie Crawford. (Shane, Hawthorn.)

Boston Everitt. (Peter, St Kilda.) (also Suns Academy eligible)

Louie Montgomery. (Brett, Port Adelaide.)

Tyler Welsh. ( Scott Welsh, Adelaide.)

Noah Yze. (Adem, Melbourne.)

Edit: forgot

Will McCabe. (Luke, Hawthorn.)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back