List Mgmt. 2023 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the look of Charlie Edwards. We might be going a little early with our first pick and would likely be too late with our second so we’d have to move some picks around to get him but looks exactly what we need.

190cm/82kg Midfielder from Sandringham

Another late-season bolter who has pushed himself into top-30 contention. Edwards is a bigger-bodied midfielder who had clubs starting to narrow their focus on him after the mid-season championships, which he didn't play for Vic Metro. He has spent time at half-back over the past two years but will be drafted as a midfielder, having shown some of his burst out of the centre on Sunday playing for Sandringham, when he had 22 disposals and a goal.

Highlights on Twomeys most recent form guide

Club has to try snag a mid with the first pick. Are any of Hotton or McLennan touted as mids?

Got a sneaky feeling that the club might try to go down the Nick Watson route, especially considering we've gotten rid of Peris, with Billings and Gresham possibly going too. Leaves us very light on in the small forward department.

Got a sneaky feeling that the club might try to go down the Nick Watson route, especially considering we've gotten rid of Peris, with Billings and Gresham possibly going too. Leaves us very light on in the small forward department.
We’d likely need a top 4 or 5 pick to get him

How far does our pick fall with all the GC academy baloney?
Possibility of 5 x 1st round FS/NGAs,
2-4 before our pick.
More interesting is how far forward later picks move like p50 becoming p40 etc.
We could load up on 3rd round picks which go for next to nothing and scoop up the remaining talent or live trade upafter they increase in value.

I’m looking for a fast mid who gets centre clearance.

Wilson? Will he make it to our pick?

DeMattia sounds good and around our range.

Your boy Edwards too fits the bill bird_man
What do you think of those first 2 names?

Also I’m interested in Stevens, obviously not rated near our first but could be like a worpel later pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m looking for a fast mid who gets centre clearance.

Wilson? Will he make it to our pick?

DeMattia sounds good and around our range.

Your boy Edwards too fits the bill bird_man
What do you think of those first 2 names?

Also I’m interested in Stevens, obviously not rated near our first but could be like a worpel later pick.
Wilson looks good with our first if he is there I reckon, although not a genuine inside mid

Demattia looks a good fit for our needs

If we move up the Draft board I'd love to get Caddy. Explosive forward/Mid with a bag of tricks and plenty of power. Strong overhead mark as well. Good size as well.

Beyond that I like Caleb Windsor, Darcy Wilson and DeMattia who will all be around our natural first pick after bids.

I still want us to grab George Stevens if we can. Has the body to play round 1 and just loves the contest, clean elite hands and tidy foot skills. I've said it before but he is just a natural no fuss footballer.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Colby McKercher Tasmania Devils/Allies MID, 181cm, 73kg
Flight risk in the event that Tassie get their team, but a "pure midfielder" if we can get an early pick off someone.

Jake Rogers SUNS Academy/Allies MID, 171cm, 68kg
Would love to do a deal with Gold Coast for an early pick and for them to not match a bid on "Buck" Rogers, the closest in the draft to an early Jack Steven. They're not exactly short of gun mids up there, they don't need him, but we really do. All told, probably my favourite of the draft. Gun.

Connor O'Sullivan Murray Bushrangers/Vic Country DEF/FWD, 198cm, 92kg
If we end up with multiple first round picks, "Gilbert" would be a great lock down fullback option. The fact we let Ozzie Adams go suggests we have our eye on other KD options.

George Stevens GWV Rebels/Vic Country MID/DEF, 189cm, 84kg
I really like this guy, ready to go no bullshit MID with leadership, if we end up with just our current FRDP I'd go for him, although i guess he is a bit slow so we probably won't. If he does become a Saint, listen for all the commentators to call him George Steven.

Less interested in forward mids like Caddy or Duursma or outside mids like Wilson but won't be unhappy if that's what we end up with. Out of those 3, the zippy running man Wilson seems the most suited to us.

Looking forward to seeing what Toce can find on a national level.

Last edited:
This bloke is more Blake Acres than a true mid but also good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back