List Mgmt. 2023 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair points. Hugo is definitely towards the top end for 20m sprints, I think l remember Shifter saying he tested that way last year.
Also just behind Wilson in the TT so likely top 10 for this draft as well.
Hastie was quite impressive in match sim on Monday, very quick and chooses good options..not physically ready at this stage but one to watch!

Hastie was quite impressive in match sim on Monday, very quick and chooses good options..not physically ready at this stage but one to watch!
The Saints took Hastie at the pick Simpson would easily have been available.

They may have gone Simpson if still available but clearly had Garcia in their sights given they traded a pick in for him.

Simpson & Garcia would have been going for the same role anyway. I wanted Simpson but Garcia looks a competitive beast so happy with the pick.

They may have gone Simpson if still available but clearly had Garcia in their sights given they traded a pick in for him.

Simpson & Garcia would have been going for the same role anyway. I wanted Simpson but Garcia looks a competitive beast so happy with the pick.
Hugo is very driven and working very closely with Lenny…another one to watch!
Had a quick chat to Jake Batchelor, he’s up and about with who’s at his disposal for Sandy!

We'll see how good Toce was I guess in a couple of years. Simpson looked like a Jack Steven clone and like he'd be pretty much ready to go in a couple of years. Garcia has the tools to be special but less certainty. Hastie has a similar high ceiling if he comes on but slower burn.

Tell that Taghue Kennelly and Zach Tuoey!

Sure , add Darragh Joyce and Santana O'Hailpin.
Then add up all the ones who never got a game. Those 4 come to a pretty low percentage.

Yes its possible.
Yes its worth taking a punt with an Irish Rookie.

No you can't just grab one and assume you'll have a player in a few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure , add Darragh Joyce and Santana O'Hailpin.
Then add up all the ones who never got a game. Those 4 come to a pretty low percentage.

Yes its possible.
Yes its worth taking a punt with an Irish Rookie.

No you can't just grab one and assume you'll have a player in a few years.
Stynes and Wight were handy too…if you get a good one it’s gold.
Clark fro Collingwood was a gun but got homesick.
O’halpin, Tommy Walsh and Joyce are all big guys, the ones that have made it have been smaller running types (except for Stynes).

Stynes and Wight were handy too…if you get a good one it’s gold.
Clark fro Collingwood was a gun but got homesick.
O’halpin, Tommy Walsh and Joyce are all big guys, the ones that have made it have been smaller running types (except for Stynes).

My point was :
If you take a player in the draft there is a good chance they will work out.

If you take an Irish rookie there is still a chance, but its less a chance.

If you draft 3 players, an NGA , an Irish Rookie , and a lateish draft pick, there is no guarantee you'll end up with an AFL player.
So we have 3 HBF. If by some stroke of luck we end up with too many good HBF's , we will have to trade one.

whats that supposed to mean?
Dalyrimpal had a flavour to his drafting I’ll try explain.

He loved like high upside, perhaps lower (exposed performance players)

Ie Bailey Dale , Baily Williams, Ed Richards, Bont, Chad Warner.

Ie Hastie, Garcia Collard.

The way I look at it is guys who maybe didn’t dominate the top top level but showed they could dominate at some level and improved through the year.

Now whether it was Toice or Daleympals I fluency I don’t think it matters too much. Good sign either way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back