List Mgmt. 2023 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, there is some real potential in that group. It's a weird draft and you wouldn't be surprised is a few ended up high-end talent.
i think thats what the recruiters were saying

We should be taking GEORGE STEVENS with our first pick exactly the player we need watch some of his highlights *ing beast and probably MITCH EDWARDS with our second if still available probably the best available at that pick
He's not that highly thought of by the pundits. Would be happy to get him but now not with our first 2 picks.

He reminds me of the ex Saint Jonathon Marsh - do you think he is quick enough to have an impact at AFL level?

If Wilson gets through to #15 you would hope the club would have a red hot got of trading up to select him.

Who knows. I don't think he looks particularly slow, he's more endurance than pace though. He's a big mid. Got Dunkley comparisons in his draft year. I think they said he's one of the most damaging players in his draft from memory because he could go forward but a big inside mid was his main role. Johnno Marsh was a KP that was not quite big enough so became a utility without spot.

Hawks have heaps of good mids and I guess they had to lose someone but a bit surprised to be honest. I thought he looked pretty good. He might be more of a not quite good enough forward to hold a spot and not good enough to push others out of the mids.

Dougal replacement or Coffield replacement essentially?

Jiath is more another Nas, an attacking defender. He's meant to be a clone of his older brother. I love Jiath from the Hawks. Moves like a panther.

We should be taking GEORGE STEVENS with our first pick exactly the player we need watch some of his highlights *ing beast and probably MITCH EDWARDS with our second if still available probably the best available at that pick

He's a real dice roll. Could be a star or a spud. He's got some Paddy Cripps but could easily have some Constable in him. Not sure where to put him. I'd have a crack but probably not at our first pick.

He's a real dice roll. Could be a star or a spud. He's got some Paddy Cripps but could easily have some Constable in him. Not sure where to put him. I'd have a crack but probably not at our first pick.
Have you seen him kick? George has an elite kick, and reads the game so well. Like deisel with his vision. What he doesn't have in pace he makes up for in skill. He's no Constable, he's dynamic and a born leader; alpha male with a big heart. I'm in Warrnambool and at the year 12 valedictory, He is on the leadership team. The year 12 coordinaor had forgotten to include the student's speeches in the running sheet for the event. So George just gets up in front of 1200 people and wings it, goes out into the audience and interviews a couple of teachers and some parents in the audience. Better than a prepared speech! Jonathon Brown's dad, Brian, who worked here told me he is an absolute gun. He was in front of Harley Reid as a junior before he did his knee. Captain of the academy squad and Geelong will take him, they might trade down their first pick to get him and another. He is no f..cking Constable. Dunkley is the perfect comparison but with an elite kick. Get excited if we get him. His whole family are saint supporters. And Luan Lual is one of his best friend. Get them both, I say.

Have you seen him kick? George has an elite kick, and reads the game so well. Like deisel with his vision. What he doesn't have in pace he makes up for in skill. He's no Constable, he's dynamic and a born leader; alpha male with a big heart. I'm in Warrnambool and at the year 12 valedictory, He is on the leadership team. The year 12 coordinaor had forgotten to include the student's speeches in the running sheet for the event. So George just gets up in front of 1200 people and wings it, goes out into the audience and interviews a couple of teachers and some parents in the audience. Better than a prepared speech! Jonathon Brown's dad, Brian, who worked here told me he is an absolute gun. He was in front of Harley Reid as a junior before he did his knee. Captain of the academy squad and Geelong will take him, they might trade down their first pick to get him and another. He is no f..cking Constable. Dunkley is the perfect comparison but with an elite kick. Get excited if we get him. His whole family are saint supporters. And Luan Lual is one of his best friend. Get them both, I say.
Luamon Lual (correction)

I completely disagree re George Stevens. From what I have seen he is a slow kick mark player with no link up run or rebound in his game what so ever. We need midfielders with break away speed or at least the ability to get out of traffic and use the ball well. He will get drafted but I will be surprised if we look at him with our first two picks.

If we are looking for a midfielder our first should be Darcy Wilson or Caleb Windsor, if they are not avalaible then Charlie Edwards another Sandringham lad. Harry De Mattia or a small forward in Lance Collard will be thereabouts for our 2nd pick.

Last edited:

I'd be happy with both.

He's not that highly thought of by the pundits. Would be happy to get him but now not with our first 2 picks.
I Think he is within the top 20 by the time our firsts pick ends up at around 16-17 he is best available that actually suits our need could also play round 1 he was out all last season with an acillies injury so not as much exposure.

My only concern about him is his running capacity he is a bit slow and lacks endurance but his skills are there great one touch hands good kick and he is a leader.i really don't want another winger or half back and they are going to be the other choices around that pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I completely disagree re George Stevens. From what I have seen he is a slow kick mark player with no link up run or rebound in his game what so ever. We need midfielders with break away speed or at least the ability to get out of traffic and use the ball well. He will get drafted but I will be surprised if we look at him with our first two picks.

If we are looking for a midfielder our first should be Darcy Wilson or Caleb Windsor, if they are not avalaible then Charlie Edwards another Sandringham lad. Harry De Mattia or a small forward in Lance Collard will be thereabouts for our 2nd pick.
Do we really need more outside midfielders Personally I'd prefer a real bull

If windsor and Wilson are gone by our pick I reckon wel either go Murphy (I don’t rate) or edwards/Demattia. Interesting on edwards his size and burst away from stoppage is an obvious need for us but I’m not sure hel make it to our second pick. Do we jump?

Do we really need more outside midfielders Personally I'd prefer a real bull

The answer is yes, it's about team balance. Have a look at the GF sides both only carried 1 or 2 genuine inside midfielders, the rest are capable of winning the ball and getting on the outside with speed or guile.

Modern mids also need to be able to pressure the opposition on the spread, something we were terrible at last season. I just dont see that with Stevens.

We already have Crouch, Steele, Owens to play that role, we need to add more balanced quick midfielders to our list. If he slides to our pick #40 take a chance otherwise he is a pass for me.

Last edited:
I'm well and truly on the Tholstrup train. Looks a real competitive bastard. Reminds me a little of Toby Green.
IMG_9925.jpeg

Get him in the door.

Absolute unit.

G’day George hope you’re going well mate good luck for the draft

So in my hugely informed, recently read the Twomey article opinion, I like the idea of Caleb Windsor, Darcy Wilson and maybe a Croft bid with our first pick, then Ollie Murphy, Charlie Edwards or George Stevens with our second.

Got the same specs in all black, a man of taste 😎

He looks like an 1980s futuristic alien looking for someone to probe. WTF are you wearing those around in public for. I thought you were a finely dressed man.

this fella looks good, why isn't he in first round predictions?

A late season move to midfield after playing a lot off HBF and ridiculous combine testing. Apparently very quick but also elite endurance. He looks great in highlights and apparently a few clubs have started to rate him high. He's come from nowhere but now sitting around mid 20s in ratings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back