Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
If Longmire has a sense of humour he should 100% use that when they play us next year

-> "Now he's at a club that really, REALLY values him"
-> Trades him back to Collingwood at the end of the year

-> "Now he's at a club that really, REALLY values him"
-> Trades him back to Collingwood at the end of the year
If Grundy can't hold his spot at Sydney the media are going to be treating him like the kid Bart made up who fell down a well.

"That Brodie Grundy is a real hero."

"How do you mean?

"Well... He fell into the VFL and he can't get out."

Purely in terms of list balance, I like what we've done TBH. Traded out two inside mid plodders in JJ and Harmes, and brought in an outside mid/forward who can actually kick, and somewhat of a mercurial medium forward who can impact in the air and on the ground.

Plus a project tall forward/ruck who can learn from Max for a couple of years. I'd also like to sign the best state league ruck there is, just cos Fullarton looks more a hybrid than a pure ruck.

None of the trades are for match-winners, and all carry some risk, but they're pretty low costs and collectively should save us some significant cap space to hopefully go after a star target next year.

Purely in terms of list balance, I like what we've done TBH. Traded out two inside mid plodders in JJ and Harmes, and brought in an outside mid/forward who can actually kick, and somewhat of a mercurial medium forward who can impact in the air and on the ground.

Plus a project tall forward/ruck who can learn from Max for a couple of years. I'd also like to sign the best state league ruck there is, just cos Fullarton looks more a hybrid than a pure ruck.

None of the trades are for match-winners, and all carry some risk, but they're pretty low costs and collectively should save us some significant cap space to hopefully go after a star target next year.
Bang on I think. We've solidified our draft hand, and McAdam/Billings are an upgrade over Harmes/Jordon when you factor in our list needs.

This wasn't the trade period for stars moving, so it's good we've maintained flexibility for the future. With the dinosaurs coming out of contract next year (and Petty potentially leaving), we should have a good chunk of cap space and perhaps some decent draft capital to make a bigger move happen.

Still would've liked us to pursue Chol as an interim measure, but I'm happy enough with how it's ended up. Glad that we're investing in the top end of the draft for the first time in a few years – we desperately need some young talent coming through the door. If we can come away from the draft with Curtin and Windsor too, then happy days.

It won't satisfy many on here I imagine, but that's OK. Get games into some of the young talent next year, work on whatever the hell is going on with the culture, evolve the gameplan and approach the offseason aggressively next year, and I'll be pretty happy.

Bang on I think. We've solidified our draft hand, and McAdam/Billings are an upgrade over Harmes/Jordon when you factor in our list needs.

This wasn't the trade period for stars moving, so it's good we've maintained flexibility for the future. With the dinosaurs coming out of contract next year (and Petty potentially leaving), we should have a good chunk of cap space and perhaps some decent draft capital to make a bigger move happen.

Still would've liked us to pursue Chol as an interim measure, but I'm happy enough with how it's ended up. Glad that we're investing in the top end of the draft for the first time in a few years – we desperately need some young talent coming through the door. If we can come away from the draft with Curtin and Windsor too, then happy days.

It won't satisfy many on here I imagine, but that's OK. Get games into some of the young talent next year, work on whatever the hell is going on with the culture, evolve the gameplan and approach the offseason aggressively next year and I'll be pretty happy.
Or fold the club, whichever works 🤗

He's no Bont... but our coaching and development was woeful.

Jack can play. I expect him to surprise a few with you guys.
His development and coaching was ruined by Alan Richardson. Luckily he'll now have... ah shit.

Reckon he can play the Daicos role?

Jacky Daicos Billing’s

Been a little low on Jacks since Watts left

After yesterday I really shouldn't be doing this but cant help myself. What is with the apostrophe constantly in Billings ?

Why not Daico's?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to seeing Billings' attributes.

Expect 'Injuries' will be right at the top.

Looking forward to the attributes being maxed out for:

Kicking
Getting Injured
Softness
Roosy's opinion

season 7 GIF

Thank you for calling this out haha. He does it on every player with an s at the end of their name. As the son of an English teacher it has been doing my head in!
Carding posters for grammatical errors 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back