Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
knowing us we will draft a big bodied mid who we will play forward and in the twos, a lanky key prospect nowhere near afl and send the rest of the picks to someone for a has been key forward to play for casey

like clockwork

oh sorry I skim read :)

So we have pick 14 now.

Such a devastating loss tonight. We just botched it. no idea how we fix the forward line issues.
Up to #13 if GWS beats Port, too.

And yeah, I'm at a bit of a loss as well. Going to be a very important offseason

Marbior Chol to us is worth like 1.5 mill right now.Thats how bad our forward line is.

We could go Caddy as he would play next season but he may not be best available.
Chol isn't a bad option, but I'm hearing from their forward coach, that he's the biggest waste of talent. Doesn't put in, uninterested. Believable considering blokes who are getting a game ahead of him. There's a reason why there's not a lot of interest in him. Buyer beware!

Dimma multiple premiership coach now wants to get rid of chol TWICE, because he’s lazy, doesn’t work defensively etc etc and lots of people on here want him nfi ?
We should have gotten T walker
Tmac is shot horrible footballer hopefully not to be seen again.

Complete list of MFC players who show composure with the ball in hand more than 50% of the time under finals pressure:

ANB
Spargo
McVee
Bowey
Rivers
Hunter

That’s the problem right there. 4 role players one of our wingers and one promising half back the only ones who can be relied on to at least try and think their way through a pressure situation.

Poorly coached and incredibly unbalanced list.

EDIT: Left Hunter off initially, probably our most deft at pulling the ball back to a target.

Last edited:
Complete list of MFC players who show composure with the ball in hand more than 50% of the time under finals pressure:

ANB
Spargo
McVee
Bowey
Rivers

That’s the problem right there. 4 role players and one promising half back the only ones who can be relied on to at least try and think their way through a pressure situation.

Reckon Rivers puts into orbit with the best of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

giphy.webp

ANB
Spargo
McVee
Bowey
Rivers
Hunter

That’s the problem right there. 4 role players one of our wingers and one promising half back the only ones who can be relied on to at least try and think their way through a pressure situation.

EDIT: Left Hunter off initially, probably our most deft at pulling the ball back to a target.
Id say Steven may more than held is own as a finals performer. But I take your point, ANB McVee and Spargo have more composure than Salem, Oliver and Petracca

Id say Steven may more than held is own as a finals performer. But I take your point, ANB McVee and Spargo have more composure than Salem, Oliver and Petracca

Yeah May was best on for us easily. My point was more specifically about which of our players regularly tried to hit targets and pull it off.

May is the least worst of our older players in that regard but I still think he’s lost a lot of dare in his kicking. Goodwin mindset sucks them all into the vortex eventually.

Dimma multiple premiership coach now wants to get rid of chol TWICE, because he’s lazy, doesn’t work defensively etc etc and lots of people on here want him nfi ?
We should have gotten T walker
Tmac is shot horrible footballer hopefully not to be seen again.
Yep. One of my mates grew up with Brad Miller. Gets info all the time on the Suns. He says Chol just doesn't put in the work required. Talented dude, but not prepared to go all in to unlock that talent. Is it worth trying? Maybe. But it comes with a risk. Pretty confident that's why teams aren't lining up for him atm.

I said a year ago that we needed 5-6 key forwards and I'm doubling down. We need them so desperately. Unfortunately, they'll take time to develop. We may need to get another pick in the top 10 to take Nate Caddy to atleast shut the angry fans up because the best available at pick 5 is probably not Caddy.

With Grundy moving on and creating cap space I think we should be looking at Ben McKay. Ready made key defender to play as the 3rd defender allowing Petty to go forward. I know he’s no Steven May but with May getting older and retirement not too far off having a ready made key defender on the list will help keep the backline in a strong position.

Can draft a key defender with our 2nd first rounder or a second round pick, but can’t expect someone so young to step up so early in their career.

With Grundy moving on and creating cap space I think we should be looking at Ben McKay. Ready made key defender to play as the 3rd defender allowing Petty to go forward. I know he’s no Steven May but with May getting older and retirement not too far off having a ready made key defender on the list will help keep the backline in a strong position.

Can draft a key defender with our 2nd first rounder or a second round pick, but can’t expect someone so young to step up so early in their career.
We should, but when do we ever chase FAs? I can only think of Shannon Byrnes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back