Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
Your window will close in 2 years. Brown, Schache, Grundy, McDonald even Melksham and Tomlinson eating up salary cap and contributing SFA to your next flag. The cliff has come at Punt Rd we're at best gonna hover around the 8th spot or finish bottom 3. We've got the number 1 KPF in the league at clunking long bombs who rarely gets beaten and at least crashes packs and creates crumbs. Dominant KPF are rare as hens teeth and ones who can do what Lynch does even rarer. I know Petty had a day out against us but that was a once off.

Lynch was injured from round 4 onwards but is on track for next year and has 3 years left in him. He'd win you another flag. He doesn't come cheap but at the end of the day neither do flags these days. He's your missing jigsaw piece. In 2022 it was a disgrace he wasn't All Australian. He averaged 3.5 goals a game and took the most contested marks in 30 years. Lynch would make life easier for Van Rooyen and Fritsch too by taking the number 1 defender as well as drawing a second defender when he's firing.

Your window will close in 2 years. Brown, Schache, Grundy, McDonald even Melksham and Tomlinson eating up salary cap and contributing SFA to your next flag. The cliff has come at Punt Rd we're at best gonna hover around the 8th spot or finish bottom 3. We've got the number 1 KPF in the league at clunking long bombs who rarely gets beaten and at least crashes packs and creates crumbs. Dominant KPF are rare as hens teeth and ones who can do what Lynch does even rarer. I know Petty had a day out against us but that was a once off.

Lynch was injured from round 4 onwards but is on track for next year and has 3 years left in him. He'd win you another flag. He doesn't come cheap but at the end of the day neither do flags these days. He's your missing jigsaw piece. In 2022 it was a disgrace he wasn't All Australian. He averaged 3.5 goals a game and took the most contested marks in 30 years. Lynch would make life easier for Van Rooyen and Fritsch too by taking the number 1 defender as well as drawing a second defender when he's firing.

No thanks, bloke only has one way to go and that’s down.

Would take Bolton though.

Great profile pic but a terrible post. You realise we won a flag without a good key forward? Care to explain your theory with that one? Petty was a once off? Well, considering he's played only about 5 games in his career as a pure forward then of course it's a once off. You want him to kick goals from defence? Come on mate.

Obviously we'd take Lynch. But I'm not giving pick 5 for him.

Lynch would be a perfect fit for the dees, not sure the tigers would let him go though

Wouldn’t go near Lynch. Bloke has serious foot injuries, last thing we need is another over 30 injured plodder in our forward line instead of actually giving our own blokes (Petty/JvR/Jefferson) room to develop.

Silver lining is, at least we have significant draft assets and salary cap space to help us hopefully rebound.

Would suck to go out like that and have * all descent picks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Midfielders

Name AgeGames ExpHtWt
Angus Brayshaw 2816718890
Luke Dunstan2912118585
James Harmes2815218686
Lachie Hunter 2919718382
James Jordon 236518782
Ed Langdon 2815718278
Clayton Oliver 2716218988
Christian Petracca 2817618794
Tom Sparrow 237818385
Jack Viney 3019617993
Taj Woewodin 21418281

This area needs attention. Dunstan, Jordon and Harmes are likely gone which chips away at our depth/cover. A bit of a question mark on Brayshaw due to the head knock and he seems to be the go to if things go wrong elsewhere on the ground. Ideally Petracca spends more time forward but that won’t be happening unless we get more bodies in with Sparrow stepping up and Rivers/Pickett joining the cb rotations more regularly. Like what I’ve seen from Woewodin but still has a fair way to go to be a regular.

Midfielders

NameAgeGames ExpHtWt
Angus Brayshaw2816718890
Luke Dunstan2912118585
James Harmes2815218686
Lachie Hunter2919718382
James Jordon236518782
Ed Langdon2815718278
Clayton Oliver2716218988
Christian Petracca2817618794
Tom Sparrow237818385
Jack Viney3019617993
Taj Woewodin21418281

This area needs attention. Dunstan, Jordon and Harmes are likely gone which chips away at our depth/cover. A bit of a question mark on Brayshaw due to the head knock and he seems to be the go to if things go wrong elsewhere on the ground. Ideally Petracca spends more time forward but that won’t be happening unless we get more bodies in with Sparrow stepping up and Rivers/Pickett joining the cb rotations more regularly. Like what I’ve seen from Woewodin but still has a fair way to go to be a regular.
How did you get these ages?

Midfielders

NameAgeGames ExpHtWt
Angus Brayshaw2816718890
Luke Dunstan2912118585
James Harmes2815218686
Lachie Hunter2919718382
James Jordon236518782
Ed Langdon2815718278
Clayton Oliver2716218988
Christian Petracca2817618794
Tom Sparrow237818385
Jack Viney3019617993
Taj Woewodin21418281

Definitely the area that needs most attention. Hoping JT can add something this year. We can trade for talls, but we need to add talented midfielders and get some experience into them over the next couple of years.

Going to put it out there but wonder if any club would be keen on Oliver?

If we could flip him into a prime key forward you would have to consider it, considering how our midfield stacked up when he was injured and with his bombing inside 50 doing us no favors it’s worth the conversation.

Oliver for Oscar Allen could make us a better team.

Then trade up in the draft to nab Mckercher.

Last edited:
I would love us to get a readymade but still young mid from a rival club. Like the Suns' Flanders before he re-signed.

Any available?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we could flip him into a prime key forward you would have to consider it, considering how our midfield stacked up when he was injured and with his bombing inside 50 doing us no favors it’s worth the conversation.

We absolutely should trade Oliver. I give it a 0% chance however.

Not sure id be doing it for a key forward, im pretty happy with JVR and Petty...the midfield desperately needs an overhaul and some classy users who can link up and hit targets, McKercher is fast becoming target #1 for me. We have too much of the same in there. Thats why you'd trade Oliver, we could absolutely get by without him being here.

Last edited:
but why would you state their age at the end of next season?

8 weeks ago Oliver was 25.
Because I would’ve thought a discussion about what the midfield might look like in 2024 might include the age they will be in that year. As ever, thanks for focusing on the pertinent issues.

You don't trade out the best player to ever wear a dees jumper. But hyothetically, to trade Oliver, I'd want Curnow. No-one else.

You don't trade out the best player to ever wear a dees jumper. But hyothetically, to trade Oliver, I'd want Curnow. No-one else.

You trade him because he is worth the most out of all of them. All he does is stuff the stat sheet. If you are able to look past his stats you'd notice we have functioned better as a team this season without him. How is that so if hes the best player to ever wear a dees jumper? Hes very good at what he does but what he does can easily be replaced by rotating Viney, Brayshaw, Trac, Sparrow thru there.

What's a realistic evaluation of Harmes in picks?
Would he be an upgrade over a player like Ryan Clarke?
On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's refreshing that opposition supporters can see this.

Petty is a bum. I am not pinning my hopes on an injury prone sooky lala that had one good game.

He's easy to shut down. Just put Zorko on him.
I don't spend a lot of time on here, but when I do like to read about interesting and insightful thoughts. All I've ever read from you if horse s**t. Petty is an integral part of the club going forward either as a KPD or a KPF.

Goodbye.

Whilst your post if half full of manure, the Tom Lynch part is spot on the money.

It's happening, at least it's 100% being heavily discussed. It won't be P5 but likely our first. It's predicted on us moving some salaries on, but we expect that to happen.

Watch this space.

Whilst your post if half full of manure, the Tom Lynch part is spot on the money.

It's happening, at least it's 100% being heavily discussed. It won't be P5 but likely our first. It's predicted on us moving some salaries on, but we expect that to happen.

Watch this space.
Wow!

Would be a big gamble but could also be a huge payoff.

I’d rather see them tinker with our method than keep trying different players to execute the same plan - but if Tom Lynch got back into form then he is basically the prototype of what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back