Analysis 2023 Draft Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

SOS picked Samo, when we didn’t have a head recruiter.
Brodie was National Recruiting Manager in 2017 when we picked Dow and O‘brien.

That’s not to say it’s not collaborative, but it’s the recruiters who are in charge of picking draftees.
If you are CEO and the CFO is a dud, it is your responsibility. It is like saying Dadoro is not respinsible for Essendon's list mess

For the life of me, I'm still trying to work out how/why Sanchez didn't get drafted....we know he's dirty, but that's a whole different story.

His form in the U18 Champs was really impressive - I thought he was the 2nd best small forward in the Carnival behind Watson alongside Collard.
Injury prone All-Australian.

Will Patton AA too

Schoenmaker is an undesirable and unprofessional type that IMHO does deserve a chance at AFL level.

Having all the talent and ability in the world is meaningless without being sound of character/having moral fibre.

The fact 16 other clubs passed on several times (despite being projected talent wise as a top 20 pick) speaks volumes.

Let him crash and burn at the Aints.

It'd be interesting to know more about how clubs weigh up ability vs character.

These are young guys who often have alot of growing up to do. Can't go ruling out anyone who's ever made a mistake but also need to be cautious. You can also make mistakes and be immature without nessecarily having poor character.

It's kind of a grey area and every club needs to decide where they draw a line. I would say we set the bar a little higher then others (not a bad thing).

I was happy we were open around the Hollands situation a few months back. Felt like we would have drawn a line through him in the past. Though we did a heap of work to make sure his indiscretion wasn't a reflection on his character.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Durdin needs to be training with the mids, he’s a midfielder trying to make it as a small forward

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Doing a pretty good job of making it. 15 goals in his first season was a really good start but last season was just decimated by injuries. Missed the whole preseason then had issues throughout the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back