Position 2023 Fantasy Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea why Day was playing low TOG in the praccy. Is it to give others a go or is he like brodie with a small tank. Otherwise at his price he is cheap. Not going under 80 if he plays 80 % TOG.

Liam baker a ridiculous option at same price

Monster trial score but he did same last year and was crap

There’s not a genuine role change is there?

Going down to hunt (would be D3!) surely not wise

Maybe a restructure and Laird down to sheed and yeo up to Dawson (plus extra cash) coukd be simply the smart move

Liam baker a ridiculous option at same price

Monster trial score but he did same last year and was crap

There’s not a genuine role change is there?

Going down to hunt (would be D3!) surely not wise

Maybe a restructure and Laird down to sheed and yeo up to Dawson (plus extra cash) coukd be simply the smart move
Baker is a utility. Will score well one week and next week will play small forward.

Hasn’t been in my plans but is Bowes in th mix? Could be viable swap for yeo? Or is day better if looking for cheaper swaps? I really thrown out here!

Do you go his WC role replacement? If he was back in the mix for full time midfield it may mean Chesser or someone is fieldable? Or perhaps opens the door for a Duggan or Hunt to score more off halfback?

You’d definitely think it benefits the other Eagles backs, I’m guessing the way they’ve been talking about Hunt’s speed he could be the guy

Not overthinking this... Yeo straight to McGovern (priced 69) who should make a few bucks for when Yeo comes back.

Winning because it means I avoid rearranging my whole team to find more $$.
I doubt Yeo was playing much defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m starting Ridley and Day
Spider-Man Reaction GIF

Can't believe Constable is 38% owned and I'm one of them
Like I said mate just blame Shadow89 when it all goes wrong for encouraging us all so heavily to pick him.

He probably hasn’t even picked him in his own team you know, what a dodgy campaigner

Like I said mate just blame Shadow89 when it all goes wrong for encouraging us all so heavily to pick him.

He probably hasn’t even picked him in his own team you know, what a dodgy campaigner

The unthinkable has happened, and I am seriously considering happy_eagle 's strategy...which means he is now in my team:

1678922157736.png

Basically the thinking goes likes this (in theory) -

Yeo misses Round 1 and 2, returns in Round 3. Cowan has a good score (65-70ish), so Yeo becomes the loop and Constable and Ginbey remain on field. Constable scores decently without lighting it up, and is booted come Round 2 or 3 when reinforcements arrive. At this point, Yeo becomes a ready made replacement after allowing me to loop the better of Wilmot/Cowan each week, and I get a leg up on the comp when Yeo returns and I don't have to trade for him.

Alternatively, he gets injured 5 minutes in, and my whole season goes down the toilet :)

But seriously, it's really hard to pick who's going to 'pop' out of say Ridley, Sicily, Stewart, McGrath, Cumming, E. Richards, H. Young etc. I've had Cumming in for a little while, but there's gonna be a lot of competition for points down there with all of Ash, Haynes and Whit competing for rebound points. Same goes for Ridley and McGrath, Richards, Dale and Daniel, Stewart, Duncan, Zuthrie and Tuohy, all the half backs at Hawthorn, and all the half backs at Freo.

Dawson is safe enough to go up to, and I feel he'll be Top 6 and he's floated in and out all PS. The others, not so much. Cumming is probably still first in line given his price and his kick ins, but Ridley has real upside and could be a wicked POD pick if he has the same role as he did in the praccy.

You know what, f*ck it - I have literally no idea what I'm doing with my backline, and will figure it all out tomorrow when I'm less tired :tearsofjoy:

The unthinkable has happened, and I am seriously considering happy_eagle 's strategy...which means he is now in my team:

View attachment 1630359

Basically the thinking goes likes this (in theory) -

Yeo misses Round 1 and 2, returns in Round 3. Cowan has a good score (65-70ish), so Yeo becomes the loop and Constable and Ginbey remain on field. Constable scores decently without lighting it up, and is booted come Round 2 or 3 when reinforcements arrive. At this point, Yeo becomes a ready made replacement after allowing me to loop the better of Wilmot/Cowan each week, and I get a leg up on the comp when Yeo returns and I don't have to trade for him.

Alternatively, he gets injured 5 minutes in, and my whole season goes down the toilet :)

But seriously, it's really hard to pick who's going to 'pop' out of say Ridley, Sicily, Stewart, McGrath, Cumming, E. Richards, H. Young etc. I've had Cumming in for a little while, but there's gonna be a lot of competition for points down there with all of Ash, Haynes and Whit competing for rebound points. Same goes for Ridley and McGrath, Richards, Dale and Daniel, Stewart, Duncan, Zuthrie and Tuohy, all the half backs at Hawthorn, and all the half backs at Freo.

Dawson is safe enough to go up to, and I feel he'll be Top 6 and he's floated in and out all PS. The others, not so much. Cumming is probably still first in line given his price and his kick ins, but Ridley has real upside and could be a wicked POD pick if he has the same role as he did in the praccy.

You know what, f*ck it - I have literally no idea what I'm doing with my backline, and will figure it all out tomorrow when I'm less tired :tearsofjoy:
I wondered when you were going to reach the acceptance stage when I started reading the post.

Is Yeo even a lock for a trade in now? What did we expect him to go? 80 odd?

I thought he was a good starter but I'm not gonna be jumping to move him in the team, maybe as the first upgrade for constable if he is out in 3 and Yeo is back in 3 but otherwise I'll probs skip him
Not really unless your d2-d3 is really struggling in season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back