Position 2023 Fantasy Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if it's group think or what not but why has no one mentioned Sicily?

This Yeo news has thrown me so I'm scrounging round for cash all over the joint.

Dawson down to Sicliy nets 50k which is handy.

Sicily finished last year with a bang. 122 average last 3. Loose sweeper role. Clearly want the ball in his hands. Apparently Scrim won't be playing which can only benefit Sicily. I highly doubt he plays lockdown despite playing portions of that in the praccy - after all he did exactly that last pre season too and then come the real stuff was the loose man. Even when tagged he still scores through switches and the like.

Am I missing something?

This Yeo news has thrown me so I'm scrounging round for cash all over the joint.

Sicily finished last year with a bang. 122 average last 3. Loose sweeper role. Clearly want the ball in his hands. Apparently Scrim won't be playing which can only benefit Sicily. I highly doubt he plays lockdown despite playing portions of that in the praccy - after all he did exactly that last pre season too and then come the real stuff was the loose man. Even when tagged he still scores through switches and the like.

Am I missing something?
Nothing wrong with Sic

Am I missing something?
Nothing wrong with him if they name 2 KPD's imo.

Tom cole v Liam Jones

could probs go in the rook thread lol

Crunch time on my defensive line, what do we think?
Young(D3) & McGrath(D4) V Dawson(D2) & Day(D4)?

Doch & Cumming, 2x Rookies are the remaining on field defenders for reference

Am I missing something?

Agree hes a great pick Had him in and out all PS. Only reason he's out now is I have too many other Hawks (Day, Worpel, Mackenzie and Greene on bench).

I know it shouldn't matter but it bothers me

Is McGrath worth the extra $180k than Day?

McGrath and Green
Vs
Day and Macrae

What’s the better combo?

Anyone keen on Hunter Clark over Day down back?

Super POD and named on ball. Will the lad finally have some luck!

I have locked him in at the moment, unless someone can convince me otherwise? What is everyone's thoughts on him, i dont particularly trust Will Day

I have locked him in at the moment, unless someone can convince me otherwise? What is everyone's thoughts on him, i dont particularly trust Will Day

I’ve got him as well currently sitting at D4 and coming around to thinking he may be worth the risk if he gets that mid role. Hasn’t been in my side at all until yesterday.

He’s shown he can score reasonably consistently playing midfield however continues to get injuries.

Silver lining, those injuries aren’t soft tissue and more so constant collision/bad luck type injuries. Leaning towards he’s worth the punt on 1% ownership.

And if he fails, it’s an easy switch down to Day or someone else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i dont particularly trust Will Day
I went Yeo to Day, but second guessing the pick now.
Few people have said Day should go 75, but he has a break even of 61.
Not a very strong pick.

I could run Constable D5, turn Day into a bench rookie and throw the money on Worpel,
But then I see Worpels break even of 52 and he could smash that if he can get back to his best.

Extremely tempting. Didn't get the scores in the pre-season matches, but don't we always counsel ourselves that the role is the most important thing? How many players have good roles and legitimately fail (a lot fewer than "good players" in bad roles, I reckon)?

Wouldn't be considering it if Yeo were good to go, but DEF is so thin now.

The worst part about Day is that with all the guys running through the Hawks' midfield and the fact that Hawthorn will lose, a lot, even if we kind of expect 75-80, that's basically the cap. Even a 90 average feels like 99th percentile stuff. With that said he's currently in my backline. Safer than a high risk/reward Clark, I guess.

Extremely tempting. Didn't get the scores in the pre-season matches, but don't we always counsel ourselves that the role is the most important thing? How many players have good roles and legitimately fail (a lot fewer than "good players" in bad roles, I reckon)?

Wouldn't be considering it if Yeo were good to go, but DEF is so thin now.

The worst part about Day is that with all the guys running through the Hawks' midfield and the fact that Hawthorn will lose, a lot, even if we kind of expect 75-80, that's basically the cap. Even a 90 average feels like 99th percentile stuff. With that said he's currently in my backline. Safer than a high risk/reward Clark, I guess.

Agreed. Feel like Clark has shown on a number of occasions when the role is right, he can and has pushed 110+ at times. Just needs the continuity in his game and to stay injury free. Now I don’t think he will obviously go near 100ave, but I’m a lot more confident he could go at 85 than I am of Day going at 75-80 all year. As you said, Day just hasn’t shown any ceiling yet to make up for those poor games.

The toss up for me though is that I have to downgrade Pedlar to a 200k rookie to keep Clark. Tossing back and forth if that’s worth it or not.

Does anyone see any upside with Dawson? Or is it a case of you get what you pay for?

Seems to have a good floor and I just wonder if he could push the 105 mark in his 2nd season with Adelaide.

Curious about Liam Stocker, given he's named off half-back and old SOS would have been plugging him all PS. Scored 79 in the praccy and looked to have a good role - and looks to also be in the side on field over names he'd be competing with, like Webster and Paton?

Only 441K

Curious about Liam Stocker, given he's named off half-back and old SOS would have been plugging him all PS. Scored 79 in the praccy and looked to have a good role - and looks to also be in the side on field over names he'd be competing with, like Webster and Paton?

Only 441K
Webster & Paton both lockdown anyways, think Stocker could be worth the gamble.

I've personally am going NWM at M5 because his role looks unreal, if NWM was defender status i would be happy to go D3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back