Position 2023 Fantasy Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mucked around with a few things, to get Touk at M1 (purely bye reasons once I went through all the uber mids), Coff at D5 and Weddle, Ginbey and Milera.

As much as I'm keen on Bowes, dropping him to Coffield (who by all reports is flying), and dropping Angus Bray back down to Naicos (after reports of him training with defenders multiple times means a dual role at best), feels like the right move for now (Yeo will become Bowes if Yeo has even one PS hiccup). Gives me:

DEF: Doch, Naicos, Salem, Yeo, Coffield, Weddle (Wilmot, Chesser)

MID: Touk, Macrae, LDU, Sheed, McLean, Ashcroft, Ginbey, W. Phillips (Sheldrick, Fahey)

RUC: Marshall, D. Cameron (will become English if need be, by dropping Milera to rook, if he doesn't look likely come R1), (Rook)

FWD: Dunks, Cogs, TT, Rozee, Milera, Drury (Pedlar, Van Rooyen)

UTL: S. Neale

13K remaining

13 possible keepers, 4 midpricers and 5 rooks
Ctrl C, Ctrl V

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

I mucked around with a few things, to get Touk at M1 (purely bye reasons once I went through all the uber mids), Coff at D5 and Weddle, Ginbey and Milera.

As much as I'm keen on Bowes, dropping him to Coffield (who by all reports is flying), and dropping Angus Bray back down to Naicos (after reports of him training with defenders multiple times means a dual role at best), feels like the right move for now (Yeo will become Bowes if Yeo has even one PS hiccup). Gives me:

DEF: Doch, Naicos, Salem, Yeo, Coffield, Weddle (Wilmot, Chesser)

MID: Touk, Macrae, LDU, Sheed, McLean, Ashcroft, Ginbey, W. Phillips (Sheldrick, Fahey)

RUC: Marshall, D. Cameron (will become English if need be, by dropping Milera to rook, if he doesn't look likely come R1), (Rook)

FWD: Dunks, Cogs, TT, Rozee, Milera, Drury (Pedlar, Van Rooyen)

UTL: S. Neale

13K remaining

13 possible keepers, 4 midpricers and 5 rooks
How do you have more moeny then me haha despite very similar teams haha

Suppose i have Kelly and you have LDU, and I have Mitchell you have sheed

Is Coffield even likely to be ready round 1? Everything I’ve read is that he’s unlikely to be available and still returning to training in his rehab?
From the Saints board:

"Coffield, Battle & Jones back with main group and completed all the drills and then sat out the match sim. Looks like they are being managed."

"Coff running extremely well looks to have put on a heap of size just moves so well looking forward to have him back"

******************************************************************************************

Sounds like he's being integrated back into full training, and is on track for Round 1, all things considering. If not though, can easily be a McKenna or Hunt type, if push comes to shove. Still think Coffield has the best scoring ability of the 3, but he's basically a placeholder for someone in that range.

Doch training with the midfield group so far this preseason. Could he still have some value as a starter? :think:
Never left my side :padlock:

If people are selecting Dunkley ....I see Doch in the same sense

Never left my side :padlock:

If people are selecting Dunkley ....I see Doch in the same sense

Same here :)

Doch, Dunks and Macrae have been my 3 'locks' since I first formulated my side in early December.

All capable of being No. 1 in their position, and all have been there multiple times in their careers. All three can also pump out multiple 120's week after week, as has been amply demonstrated over the last 3-5 years or so.

Same here :)

Doch, Dunks and Macrae have been my 3 'locks' since I first formulated my side in early December.

All capable of being No. 1 in their position, and all have been there multiple times in their careers. All three can also pump out multiple 120's week after week, as has been amply demonstrated over the last 3-5 years or so.
I can see Dawson slipping back a bit, IF he doesn't get kickouts .....and Stewart, whilst reliable, i thought De Koning last year was taking a bit of his deep defensive role, as he got better & better late season

I can see Dawson slipping back a bit, IF he doesn't get kickouts .....and Stewart, whilst reliable, i thought De Koning last year was taking a bit of his deep defensive role, as he got better & better late season

Your big worry with Stewie isn't SDK, but rather, Zuthrie. You can see he's being groomed to take over from Stew, and is getting better with every match. Those two will definitely take more points from each other this season - as will Dunc, and Tuohy when he plays back as well.

Definitely more of an SC pick now than a Fantasy one, IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a completely unrelated note, I have for a few months been unable to reply to posts using my phone's browser. For some reason the cursor is immediately placed inside the post I am trying to reply to and begins automatically spamming new lines. So annoying.

In a moment of weakness (some may say madness), I recently punted Doch for Hall.

I have since seen the error of my ways...
You can mount a case for temporary insanity ....I hear it works a treat

I've now seen 3 match sims for Freo and a couple for West Coast so can add something from direct eye witness accounts that is pertinent to this thread.

Those considering Young should be encouraged by the fact he is taking a LOT of the kickouts. I think this will add 5+pts to his average before any other natural improvement comes to the party. At the very least any impact of a forward defensive role might have on him will be softened by this.

Clark is also taking some which I think adds to his flavour a bit too. He should maybe be looked at a bit more for draft that some might be.

Yeo is definitely playing mid and HB and seems to be moving well. To me he still looks heavy which is a worry for ongoing stress on legs that haven't handled loads well in the recent past but for now he's less of a risk than I first thought.

I heard someone on one of the days I was at WC training say they were drafting Witherden as backup to Yeo. Given what I've seen, I'd avoid that tactic. Small sample size for sure but he looks a bit like a guy on the outer and they had some young bodies running through he HB spot that they were getting the ball too so I'd guess he's now back up to the backups.

Chesser, although on a modified program, looks fine to start to me. Coaches were talking to him constantly when he wasn't in the sims explaining what they'd want from him or what the plan was (I'm obviously guessing there but basing that on a lot of pointing etc to the goings on in the game) and he looked well and truly engaged. We need someone to loop with and I'd say if he missed Rd1 he won't be far off at all.

Ginbey will play and play both back and mid. Big unit so should also be robust enough to play a lot of games, form will dictate that but like Serong did when he arrived at Freo, Ginbey looked a level above many already so I'd bet he's a player in the B22 for most of the year.

Last edited:
Sam Mitchell says Will Day will be playing midfield this year, i mean you surely can't trust him right.....
You are banking on him

proving himself as a midfielder, staying fit and not being moved around (can have an impact forward or back)

I love him and he has talent but that is too many question marks for me to touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back