Position 2023 Fantasy Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will either play though. Rich & Coleman seem entrenched. Zorko maybe there too now? Starcevich a lock down back. Not much room for either of them at Brissie is there?
He's a KPD brought in because Adams is ****ed

Stocker a mid who couldn't get a gig at Carlton, will now get a shot at St Kilda, kinda a gift he has been named in the backline averaged 85 in the VFL, Joyce averaged 61 as a KPD, and Keane average just under 58 as defender in 2021

Mature aged players always come in handy
Liam Stocker is better than three quarters of the St Kilda midfield. So we'll see what happens. Tank the only issue for him.

So does anyone think bowes actually plays mid? He's made statements saying Geelong have a role for him in the middle. If they don't, I feel like no player would want to go to Geelong after that for exposing the dude

Stocker a mid who couldn't get a gig at Carlton, will now get a shot at St Kilda, kinda a gift he has been named in the backline averaged 85 in the VFL, Joyce averaged 61 as a KPD, and Keane average just under 58 as defender in 2021

Mature aged players always come in handy

Sometimes. transitional players have to be considered as a stepping stone. You hope to get $50 maybe even a $100k from them, but you don't want to hold them too long hey? Those three three are watch and be warned I suppose. Club-change players are always an interesting one watch I suppose, though Clubs these days rarely let a good one get away.

Sometimes. transitional players have to be considered as a stepping stone. You hope to get $50 maybe even a $100k from them, but you don't want to hold them too long hey? Those three three are watch and be warned I suppose. Club-change players are always an interesting one watch I suppose, though Clubs these days rarely let a good one get away.
I mean we did get Will Brodie last year, Stengle but he had off field issues,

Stocker just couldn't get a game at Carlton and they paid heavily i mean a 90 would be amazing from him especially if he gets a good run in their midfield

I mean we did get Will Brodie last year, Stengle but he had off field issues,

Stocker just couldn't get a game at Carlton and they paid heavily i mean a 90 would be amazing from him especially if he gets a good run in their midfield
Do you think they even had the confidence in him to run the midfield, I don't. He played off half back and off the bench I think. Did he have any CBA's at all? There were times for Carlton when they had Super Hewy, Kennedy and Cerra out, overlapping, don't even recall Stocker in there. I hope he is up to it cos he should grow some cash, but is he up to it? You'd like to see a couple of games yes?

1674893502260.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think they even had the confidence in him to run the midfield, I don't. He played off half back and off the bench I think. Did he have any CBA's at all? There were times for Carlton when they had Super Hewy, Kennedy and Cerra out, overlapping, don't even recall Stocker in there. I hope he is up to it cos he should grow some cash, but is he up to it? You'd like to see a couple of games yes?

View attachment 1595416
I mean it's Carlton, they refused to use to Setterfield in his preferred role. I think you wait till Yeo is injured after 3 or 4 games

Even without Walsh, I can't see a spot for Stocker in the midfield with Cripps, Kennedy, Cerra, Hewett and according to reports, Docherty running through the midfield. You could say their midfield is... stocked for midfielders. I'm here all week, try the lamb.
He's playing for St Kilda now

Would you feel it’s viable to run this all value backline…

Relies on Bowes and McKenna to show they’ve early 1st 22 role and cod field likewise but in his case demonstrating full fitness key to that too.

From there it relies on actually getting 2 bench players who look to have ok JS as you wouldn’t want this lineup without some ok backup

(Yeo clearly poses injury risk but JS safe)

Attachments

• D4364766-E18A-4243-ADD8-8180EF497078.jpeg
    D4364766-E18A-4243-ADD8-8180EF497078.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 38
Would you feel it’s viable to run this all value backline…

Relies on Bowes and McKenna to show they’ve early 1st 22 role and cod field likewise but in his case demonstrating full fitness key to that too.

From there it relies on actually getting 2 bench players who look to have ok JS as you wouldn’t want this lineup without some ok backup

(Yeo clearly poses injury risk but JS safe)
Definitely viable this year and every variation of a team I have made has gone the value route in the backline.

Aside from doch there are big question marks over every "premo" defender. Any of Salem, Yeo, Richards, Bowes, Hunt, Mckenna, Coffield COULD be good value picks, just depends on picking the right few. Also means you can use the saved money well elsewhere with more confidence.

Oops! But even still, Steele, Crouch, Ross, Gresham. Maybe he gets a role on the wing but that's a lot of money for a guy who's never shown he can cut it in the midfield.
Yeah I'm just maybe getting caught up in the hype he's apparently been in their best side all pre season close to bog in the intra club

One of the main criticism of Stocker during his Carlton days was his poor tank. Just didn't have the capacity to run through the middle. Hopefully he's addressing that now he's on to his second chance but there's enough question marks for me to avoid him as a starter.

I'm seeing that all things being equal ....the GIANTS want to play Himmelberg in DEF

Having spent the first few weeks living with GIANTS co-captain Toby Greene, Cadman has already made quite an impression on his new teammates and coaches.

“I’d like to think so,” Montgomery responded to SEN’s Dwayne Russell earlier this week when asked if Cadman would play early in the season.

He certainly hasn’t put a foot wrong so far. He's only a slight build, incredibly athletic, he gets across the ground really well, so I don’t see why not.

“Obviously we’ll have the dilemma with Harry Himmelberg who’s a pivotal piece for us and whether he plays forward or back, at the moment he’s spending his time at the forward just to make sure that we’ve got some insurance if Aaron isn’t ready to go early in the season.

“But we’re really excited, really hopeful that he’ll play some meaningful football early.”

It’s the question that all GIANTS fans have been asking - where will Harry Himmelberg be playing this season? And the answer seems yet to be confirmed.

When asked if Himmelberg could slot back into defence to accommodate Cadman, Montgomery was all praise for the versatile GIANT

“Potentially. If we get Jesse Hogan up and running and fully fit and at the top of his game, and Jake Riccardi comes on like we believe he can, then that conversation will definitely need to be had,” he replied.

“I see Harry as one of these types that could potentially be an All-Australian centre half-back, and at the moment he’s running around the forward line playing roles for us because we need him, that’s where it sits.”

I'm seeing that all things being equal ....the GIANTS want to play Himmelberg in DEF

Having spent the first few weeks living with GIANTS co-captain Toby Greene, Cadman has already made quite an impression on his new teammates and coaches.

“I’d like to think so,” Montgomery responded to SEN’s Dwayne Russell earlier this week when asked if Cadman would play early in the season.

He certainly hasn’t put a foot wrong so far. He's only a slight build, incredibly athletic, he gets across the ground really well, so I don’t see why not.

“Obviously we’ll have the dilemma with Harry Himmelberg who’s a pivotal piece for us and whether he plays forward or back, at the moment he’s spending his time at the forward just to make sure that we’ve got some insurance if Aaron isn’t ready to go early in the season.

“But we’re really excited, really hopeful that he’ll play some meaningful football early.”

It’s the question that all GIANTS fans have been asking - where will Harry Himmelberg be playing this season? And the answer seems yet to be confirmed.

When asked if Himmelberg could slot back into defence to accommodate Cadman, Montgomery was all praise for the versatile GIANT

“Potentially. If we get Jesse Hogan up and running and fully fit and at the top of his game, and Jake Riccardi comes on like we believe he can, then that conversation will definitely need to be had,” he replied.

“I see Harry as one of these types that could potentially be an All-Australian centre half-back, and at the moment he’s running around the forward line playing roles for us because we need him, that’s where it sits.”
Sounds like he will start the season forward but if/when all planets align (Ricardi, Cadman and hogan all fit s d firing) he moves back.

He may actually drop further in price and just be one to watch (via those other 3s status)

Himmelberg FWD is fking stupid if you've got Cadman, Hogan and Riccardi all playing.

Himmelberg, Cumming, Haynes, Whitfield, Taylor is a nice backline

Sounds like he will start the season forward but if/when all planets align (Ricardi, Cadman and hogan all fit s d firing) he moves back.

He may actually drop further in price and just be one to watch (via those other 3s status)
He will be a nightmare to jump on because you know at the drop of the hat he can be switched again.

Whether you try jumping on early, or try to be cautious and wait it out the only certain thing is the ghost of Leon Cameron will haunt us and cause him to move again at the absolute worst time.

I honestly would be hard pressed to jump on at any stage this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back