Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
Has your season gone to complete s**t ??
Are you a Bailey Smith headbutt away from sweet, sweet oblivion.
Did you not start with Cripps, Crisp and Short - therefore ruining the entire year as no other premiums ever ******* did anything ??

Well, join me in here and we'll start planning our journey to 2023 success....

i-bid-you-welcome-welcome.gif

Or at least be able to pretend for another 8 - 9 months that we know what we are doing.....

Let the planning commence...

hjrQe.gif

• overpay for mids that lose $150k ✅
  • play bevo roulette ✅
  • set and regret ✅
  • pick some random mid pricer at the last second who pumped out a ton against a pathetic North ✅

Alright think I’m set for 2023. Just park the car in the driveway now
What was the starting salary for the season? Divide that by 30 and fill your team with the 30 players closest to that value that are playing.

Next year I’m just starting with 30 x 190k rooks.

Scoring might be a little below par to start the year, but it saves me overpaying for anybody and I’m confident cash gen won’t be a problem.

Next year I’m just starting with 30 x 190k rooks.

Scoring might be a little below par to start the year, but it saves me overpaying for anybody and I’m confident cash gen won’t be a problem.
Bold plan. Wonder if red dots will be a problem by the byes round 2

I once did a team called the JohnsonJonesWilliams (and I'm trying to recall the other name) - it went remarkably well - took all the pressure of in terms of trades, though the salary cap was a challenge as I recall.

Maybe have a team called TheJacks or all J christian names - just roll with it - no stress :D

I once did a team called the JohnsonJonesWilliams (and I'm trying to recall the other name) - it went remarkably well - took all the pressure of in terms of trades, though the salary cap was a challenge as I recall.

Maybe have a team called TheJacks or all J christian names - just roll with it - no stress :D
How’s the car? Still drive well? 😂

I hear that loveable rogue Isaac Heeney is pencilled in for more midfield minutes next year 👍

How’s the car? Still drive well? 😂
Back lateish - was a bit hairy on a couple of bends as kept looking for +4's and plus +6's - but yeah the van made it back thanks

Hmm maybe i should autofill my team next year can't be any worse surely :drunk:

Good suggestion Gunf - is there also an auto trade feature too - now that I would use.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gun's & Rookies approach killed me in 2022 .....was 2022 an outlier though, will there be the same proliferation of mid-priced players as this year

My biggest stuff-ups in my starting team was selecting Matt Crouch & Dangerfield in my R1 side .....what a disaster

Bring-on 2023

Ah crap. That's what I was going to try next year. Why did it kill you? Slow start?
Chose the top Premo's ....Steele and Touk, who all proceeded to drop in price

Combined with the Dangerfield & Matt Crouch blunders, meant from R1, my side was draining cash, not making cash ....no cash, then slowed my upgrades .....this on top of having to fix my R1 side mistakes, meant I was always 3 weeks behind the leading sides

IMO the team strategy has to be based upon player value & availability of good Rookies .....this year, was definitely a year to go mid-price

Gun's & Rookies approach killed me in 2022 .....was 2022 an outlier though, will there be the same proliferation of mid-priced players as this year

My biggest stuff-ups in my starting team was selecting Matt Crouch & Dangerfield in my R1 side .....what a disaster

Bring-on 2023
I'll raise your Danger with Crouch - McInerney - Milera & Draper
Never recovered

Bring-on 2023

This year was a complete aberration from the norm. Set and forget rucks was s**t, hold your premos was s**t, guns and rookies was s**t, upgrading over the byes was s**t. Nothing worked all season…

This year was a complete aberration from the norm. Set and forget rucks was s**t, hold your premos was s**t, guns and rookies was s**t, upgrading over the byes was s**t. Nothing worked all season…
Overall though .....I can sense you had an enjoyable year :moustache:

I'm going all mid price madness, there will be some great bargains next year.
  • Matt Rowell is in line for a 4th year breakout. Will be a bargain price too.
  • Elliott Yeo coming back, will have a midfield position.
  • Matt Crouch will be cheap, a new club, a must have.
  • Caleb Serong will take his game to a new level
  • Brodie Grundy will be too cheap not to select. Clearly a top 2 ruck.
  • We will have to start Laird at $1.1m

If I go down my usual path (which fails every year, I should potentially look at a new plan) - I'd be trying to get:

Laird, Brayshaw, Mills and Walsh - as my starting 4 premium mids.

So these are guys for everyone to avoid next year, as they'll drop massively in value....

Just looked at my round 1 team…

This Is Fine GIF by 100% Soft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back