Teams 2023 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Piece of cake, see you round 1.

View attachment 1584021
Devils advocate to generate discussion:

Nick Daicos - was top 5-10 in total possessions and uncontested possessions last season - where do you see upside points coming from this season?

Jarrod Witts - played out of his skin last season to come back from injury and average almost career best numbers, is he value over someone like Rowan Marshall or Darcy Cameron with newly secured single ruck roles?

Tom Green - dominated the CBAs last season and couldn't put it together as a complete fantasy scorer. Does he spread enough and score in unique enough ways to break out or is the 90s his ceiling?

Adam Cerra - Cerra has the increased opportunity and responsibility but has he ever shown elite scoring tendencies, is the ceiling there to sustain a substantial breakout above his price?

First crack for 2023. $74k in the bank. Likely too many Eagles. Stacked my backline/forwardline to an extent as I think the midfield mid prices a better bet than the other two lines.

1673272893087.png

Nick Daicos - was top 5-10 in total possessions and uncontested possessions last season - where do you see upside points coming from this season?

Jarrod Witts - played out of his skin last season to come back from injury and average almost career best numbers, is he value over someone like Rowan Marshall or Darcy Cameron with newly secured single ruck roles?

Tom Green - dominated the CBAs last season and couldn't put it together as a complete fantasy scorer. Does he spread enough and score in unique enough ways to break out or is the 90s his ceiling?

Adam Cerra - Cerra has the increased opportunity and responsibility but has he ever shown elite scoring tendencies, is the ceiling there to sustain a substantial breakout above his price?

Daicos is an interesting one. Defenders last year were weird - Docherty way out in front of everyone, then Sinclair and Dawson the only others over 100 avg and Angus @ 99.

From there it was a real rogue's gallery of 90-96 avg's including old man Hurn, not-really-best-22 Witherden, perennial heart attack Dan Houston, hamstrings Hall, pre-season freebie Sicily etc. Reliables Lloyd and Stewart under-performed based on previous seasons.

Then Daicos finished #17 on avg, #9 on overall points amongst defenders. He wouldn't need to improve by much given the guys ahead of him on price this year aren't exactly slam dunks (Dale, Cumming, Duncan etc.); he could Bradbury his way to top 6-8 defenders just by virtue of being younger and on the improve rather than on the decline or plateauing like those around him.

At worst, you hold him till a breakout defensive premo crops up (this year's Sinclair - could be a random like Will Day or Hunter Clark) and side-trade him for a small profit. I guess there's a chance opposition teams clamp down on him more this year (no free possies like in his rookie year) but then you'd need to go up to a Dawson/Sicily/Angus instead, and hope they can repeat the magic this year. It's a tough one.

1. Mitchell in the middle means they may have a bit more control from clearance.
  2. They start to add in a slow-down phase to their game when they take sizeable leads.
  3. Natural improvement.

Pretty content with my first draft and stuck to my PS plan! Although I forgot about the dam utility position so had to make 1 downgrade unfortunately.

Def: Dawson, Young, Salem, Bowes, McKenna, Bergman (Chesser/Wilmot)

Mid: Steele, Macrae, Merrett, Mitchell, LDU, Ashcroft, Phillips, Blakely (Fahey/Willis)

Ruck: Marshall, Cameron (inanimate carbon rod)

Fwd: Dunkley, Cogs, Rozee, McLean, The Poo, Pedlar (Greene/Sheldrick)

Utl: Richards (Coll)

Now to see how much this changes in the next 65 days and how much I regret those changes!

Last edited:

Nick Daicos - was top 5-10 in total possessions and uncontested possessions last season - where do you see upside points coe'sming from this season?

All good, As mentioned before i'm just gonna play for fun.

Daicos, i enjoy watching and i wanna have Young and Daicos, we'll see if i end up with them.

Witts, never misses a game so probably my set and forget. Marshall with his current King/Campbell/Hayes dilemma worrying plus i started Marshall last year and that last 5 weeks. Mason Cox potential #1 ruckman on Collingwood's board.

Green, He's actually on my never again list as i've been burnt 2 years in a row, if i do start with him, i'll probably just jump off after his fast start which in theory he should have.

Cerra, i have him in keeper league and he's one i feel pretty good about. Not many will go him in Classic so im fine backing him in, Should take Walsh's ball plus be the main man behind Crippa now.

All in all, i'll probably go alot of PODs, if you got someone you are 50/50 let me know i'll probably do it. Most likely going onto a 2/1 FIFO roster so that rules me out of a car

Had to create a new account to make everything easier (means I get a new account name - Jeremy Cameron's Cow - which almost makes it worth it, haha).

As the first 'fun' iteration of my teams kicks off, I present 'Lonely Rookie' - where the only rookie on field is Ashcroft, and everyone else is a midpricer or premo:

1K remaining

1673306841590.png

FmEQi3magAA0Tma

Just stretching the fingers to get something down

View attachment 1584066

Darcy Cameron should really go into the ruck, Meek down to Sheezel or Phillipou in the forward line and Ward up to someone.

There are far too many North and WCE players in this side. Looks grim.
What’s the mail on Cunningham?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the mail on Cunningham?
Fit, completing a pre-season, contract year and rated highly internally. Has basically always played when not injured at Carlton and is not injured for the first time in a number of years.

Edit: I've just seen he was not at training today so I may have cursed him, let's see how he goes.

Last edited:

I actually see your arguments against those blokes but then also see some solid positives too

Daicos - natural improvement. Just a dead set gun who lead their time trials this pre sesson

Witts - big men usually come back from knee reco’s poorly. Usually takes them an extra year to get their mojo back. Maybe he can take another step again with that year behind him

Green - main man in their midfield now with relatively minimal competition. Started last season on absolute fire. No reason he can’t do that again especially with his forward prowess

Cerra - he’s shown a decent ceiling but never really shown consistency. Walsh out probably helps him a great deal as you guys seemed to play better with 1 less main mid last year I thought. Probably a tag threat though

Reckon all four of those blokes could easily go either way

Personally I’m pretty bullish on Green with the opportunity that’ll present in that team as well as ‘third year breakout’

I actually see your arguments against those blokes but then also see some solid positives too

Daicos - natural improvement. Just a dead set gun who lead their time trials this pre sesson

Witts - big men usually come back from knee reco’s poorly. Usually takes them an extra year to get their mojo back. Maybe he can take another step again with that year behind him

Green - main man in their midfield now with relatively minimal competition. Started last season on absolute fire. No reason he can’t do that again especially with his forward prowess

Cerra - he’s shown a decent ceiling but never really shown consistency. Walsh out probably helps him a great deal as you guys seemed to play better with 1 less main mid last year I thought. Probably a tag threat though

Reckon all four of those blokes could easily go either way

Personally I’m pretty bullish on Green with the opportunity that’ll present in that team as well as ‘third year breakout’
Isn't this Green's fourth year?

Isn't this Green's fourth year?
Green ran out of gas last year ....but started like a house on fire

Also played a lot fwd ....with Taranto & Hopper outscieee ....another PS will see Green fitter & the main inside bull

1673309846029.png

People are reading too much into Taranto and the Richmond style imo

He’s going to be a 70% CBA’s man at Tigers. A lock for 100+ imo. One of his best sources of scoring is tackles and he’ll get plenty of those with us
Yeah if Prestia can do it I see no reason why Taranto can't

Remove this Banner Ad

Back