Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 17 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you split Mills and Cripps?

Leaning towards Mills as the Fyfe replacement, but need to make that call before tomorrow night. Cripps has slightly more exposed form (110 and 90 in last two) but can he be trusted ?
LOL .....I have both

IMO, to the eye, both players are looking good & moving well .....Cripps is covering the ground the best I've seen from him

Mills, 76% CBA ....and with Chad Warner out, Mills midfield role is assured

Best combo for Dunks and Hayden Young out?
Bont and Mills + 75k
Serong/Trac and Mills + 140k in the bank (still have MJ M8/Sheldrick F6)
Libba and Cogs

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would appreciate thoughts on these trades ....gets a rookie off-field at D6 (last week was Chesser)

Dunkley to Himmelberg

Fyfe to Vlastuin

Now, Vlastuin has hardly been discussed ......basically 4 x consecutive tons, since the new Coach has taken over .....Short out, and a great RICH fixture upcoming
Think it's three, but happy to be wrong. He's a really solid player, Mr Dependable, but don't be too disappointed if he gives you a solid 70-80. The last time he tonned against the Swans was 2018. I am biased though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few posts before mine were saying "if Dunkley is out" so I was clarifying.

Anyone reckon it is too late to hop on the Keays train?

Not having Dawson is killing me, watching an Adelaide game when both Dawson and Keays are firing is even worse.

Never too late to jump onto a player if you think they'll add value and improve your team.

Started with the worst team this year. It's starting to look semi-respectable. Last year I put up a screenshot of my bench after rd 23; about 2.5 million sitting there unsold because of constant sideways trades rather than investment in improving my team. This year is quite similar in value. Hopefully I can use them this time, although Dunkley out doesn't help. Another week stalled.

I've managed to once again invest in the right rookies and once again have plenty of players to cash out. 2.8 million currently, I think. I didn't get all the
best rooks; S Mitchell's one that comes to mind, but you can't have them all.

It's bizarre that all the top teams I've looked at are absolutely threadbare on their benches. I reckon someone who has strong backup; who isn't going to crash and burn because of a late out or three forced trades is going to come zooming over the top. The top 10+ are vulnerable.

While I do have a good bench it won't be me coming from 2000 points behind.

Ps. I also have Tarryn Thomas and Sheldrick currently on field (that could change via loops) making good cash.

Rd 17 Bench.png

Last edited:
Started with the worst team this year. It's starting to look semi-respectable. Last year I put up a screenshot of my bench after rd 23; about 2.5 million sitting there unsold because of constant sideways trades rather than investment in improving my team. This year is quite similar in value. Hopefully I can use them this time, although Dunkley out doesn't help. Another week stalled.

I've managed to once again invest in the right rookies and once again have plenty of players to cash out. 2.8 million currently, I think. I didn't get all the
best rooks; S Mitchell's one that comes to mind, but you can't have them all.

It's bizarre that all the top teams I've looked at are absolutely threadbare on their benches. I reckon someone who has strong backup; who isn't going to crash and burn because of a late out or three forced trades is going to come zooming over the top. The top 10+ are vulnerable.

While I do have a good bench it won't be me coming from 2000 points behind.

Ps. I also have Tarryn Thomas and Sheldrick currently on field (that could change via loops) making good cash.

View attachment 1729845
I reckon the bloke who just took over 1st place has the comp covered, heaps of cash on the bench, very few if any weaknesses on the field with Sheldrick the only upgrade needed.
I still have Johnson and Sheldrick on field and 4 'live' rookies on the bench. 9 consecutive rounds with injuries from rnd 2 plus 2-3 late outs have cruelled the team, with Dunkley and Fyfe delaying things again this week, I've tried to use the injuries to improve the team but have missed some good rookies too along the way hence a relatively low team value. This week it'll be Fyfe > Keays & Dunkley > Mills giving enough cash to get Sicily in next week and Dunkley the week after with hopefully a completed team by rnd 20

Last edited:
This season more than ever feels like one where you needed to nail the team from the first 1-2 rounds, or you're forever playing catch-up with sideways trades.

This week for me looks to be: -

Dunkley > Butters

D.Cameron > Coniglio

I reckon the bloke who just took over 1st place has the comp covered, heaps of cash on the bench, very few if any weaknesses on the field with Sheldrick the only upgrade needed.
His bench is identical to mine except Drury v Fleeton
5 different onfield
He’s got Doc/Ziebel, Brayshaw/Green & Butters
I got Dale/Lloyd, Keays/Ashcroft & DC

Big difference of 80-100pt per week
No Lux for me = no surprise 👍

His bench is identical to mine except Drury v Fleeton
5 different onfield
He’s got Doc/Ziebel, Brayshaw/Green & Butters
I got Dale/Lloyd, Keays/Ashcroft & DC

Big difference of 80-100pt per week
No Lux for me = no surprise 👍
Team value is where it hurts the most, no idea how your team is placed value wise, but I'm about 1.5M behind those top teams which means I have those '2nd tier down' players like Day, Sheezel, Cripps, Mills, Keays & DCam as well as the 2 rookies on field. Probably 150pts/week behind them.

This season more than ever feels like one where you needed to nail the team from the first 1-2 rounds, or you're forever playing catch-up with sideways trades.

Dunkley > Butters

D.Cameron > Coniglio
DC trade is solid would do but have both
I’ve gone Keays over Butters
a. BE 55 v 139
b. Look to retrade Dunks to Keays
c. Still thinks Butters will break. Proven very wrong thus far

Team value is where it hurts the most, no idea how your team is placed value wise, but I'm about 1.5M behind those top teams which means I have those '2nd tier down' players like Day, Sheezel, Cripps, Mills, Keays & DCam as well as the 2 rookies on field. Probably 150pts/week behind them.

We both have Sheldrick loop to Windhager
Realised 2nd diff on bench I have Wilmot v Chesser 😀
My team $22.0m - He’s +500k on me.
That’s near the margin to get MPs to premo but requires bucket of trades
Dunkley has not helped. Foiled a double upgrade this week.

Dunkley > Butters

D.Cameron > Coniglio
I started with what I thought was a reasonable team

Rnd 1 copped L Jones with an onfield 7 and (like most) Laird's 57
Rnd 2 Maxxy followed Jones' lead with an onfield 3
Rnd 3 LDU as a late out
Then LDU, Doc & Day injured/suspended over the next 3 rnds
Rnd 7 Libba as a late out
Rnd 8 Weller injured
Rnd 9 Cumming
Rnd 10 Setterfield
Rnd 11 Oliver
Since then, De Goey, Dunks and Fyfe

So, yes, it's important to get off to a good start, my year was effectively shot after rnd 3 with a ranking of 60k, I've since come back to 26k. A bit of luck goes a long way in this stupid game, something I've been severely lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back