Rnd 3 LDU as a late out
Then LDU, Doc & Day injured/suspended over the next 3 rnds
Rnd 7 Libba as a late out
Rnd 8 Weller injured
Rnd 9 Cumming
Rnd 10 Setterfield
Rnd 11 Oliver
Since then, De Goey, Dunks and Fyfe

So, yes, it's important to get off to a good start, my year was effectively shot after rnd 3 with a ranking of 60k, I've since come back to 26k. A bit of luck goes a long way in this stupid game, something I've been severely lacking.
Not even gonna bother much with pre season research in the summer, just going full generic at the start with a POD or two, is the only way to start well

Not even gonna bother much with pre season research in the summer, just going full generic at the start with a POD or two, is the only way to start well
Think the key is slick pick your premo/MPs based on early matchups
Research and order the rookie picks for round 1 selections. IMO

Some interesting bookmaker lines for tonight

Taranto 117.5
Gulden 112.5
Parker 103.5
Mills 93.5
Vlastuin 90.5
Lloyd 88.5
Bolton 85.5

Nothing on Sheldrick, but his 80/90/100+ odds are the same as Lloyd's, so implied at 88.5 I guess.

Seem very hot on Gulden, cold on Mills, and not worried about Taranto's matchup/last week.

I've had this same thought. Pick the most selected players and go from there. It's unlikely you can win like that but at least if you cop an injury, everyone cops it with you.

Some interesting bookmaker lines for tonight

Taranto 117.5
Gulden 112.5
Parker 103.5
Mills 93.5
Vlastuin 90.5
Lloyd 88.5
Bolton 85.5

Nothing on Sheldrick, but his 80/90/100+ odds are the same as Lloyd's, so implied at 88.5 I guess.

Seem very hot on Gulden, cold on Mills, and not worried about Taranto's matchup/last week.
Bookies must think Paddlebum will cool someone else other than TT
TT ave v Swans 94 with a ceiling of 133
Rd 5 had 109 from 90%TOG (season high)
Base score for him ex the flu game last week
Kick: Handball ratio 0.4 his worst for the year (season low)

My VC is on Naicos even though his one game v Dogs was his all time stinker (63)
A game where Pies were flogged in rd 9 last yr. Dogs had 9 / 2 players tonne up.
Team pts 1850 to 1350. Different Pies now I think.

Hoping Gulden gets the Pickett matchup for freedom

Really hoping the Briggs to English trade is worth it this week. Briggs semi hard match up and English usually good for 105-150.

Held Warner last week to do my preferred trades (getting Witherden to Doch who scored less anyway) so Warner goes this week.
Holding Dunkley due to lack of news on his injury.
Tempted to go Dunkley to Cerra as I think he'll go 130 in Perth again but can't afford Warner to Cerra if I go Briggs to English.

Still undecided on a couple of decision

Cripps vs Mills
Leaning towards Mills, as he should have the role and increased TOG without Warner to go over 100. Cripps with a few more question marks.

Then for Dunkley its either
Petracca, Serong, Parish, Neale or Docherty

Of that list, thinking either Petracca, Serong or Docherty.

Really hoping the Briggs to English trade is worth it this week. Briggs semi hard match up and English usually good for 105-150.

Held Warner last week to do my preferred trades (getting Witherden to Doch who scored less anyway) so Warner goes this week.
Holding Dunkley due to lack of news on his injury.
Tempted to go Dunkley to Cerra as I think he'll go 130 in Perth again but can't afford Warner to Cerra if I go Briggs to English.

Yeah I have Briggs, D. Cameron, Lloyd, Ashcroft all as mid-pricers / pseudo-premiums that probably need to go over the next few weeks. For this reason, I'm debating keeping Dunkley and hoping the 1-2 becomes 1 and not 3 :straining:

Still undecided on a couple of decision

Cripps vs Mills
Leaning towards Mills, as he should have the role and increased TOG without Warner to go over 100. Cripps with a few more question marks.

Then for Dunkley its either
Petracca, Serong, Parish, Neale or Docherty

Of that list, thinking either Petracca, Serong or Docherty.

I like Mills over Cripps. Cripps had 7 weeks at 102 then 6 weeks at 69 and then the last 2 weeks at 100. Would be a ballsy call to say he's gonna go at 100 for the rest of the year.

Of the 2nd group, I really like Petracca. With Clarry potentially out for the rest of the H&A season (or close to it), he should go well.

Thinking Sheldrick as E and if he has a blinder then out Jackson, Dunks forward and on field to collect Sheldrick’s score and Neale in. Second prob a rookie downgrade

Set on one of Cameron or Day -> Serong

Then can afford Dunkley to anyone, worth going Keays and banking cash or do I get a Cogs/Neale type?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still tossing up between Neale, Crouch or Trac, but I am leaning towards Petracca with Oliver out for another month. Does he get tagged against the saints however.

r17trades.PNG

I like trac but only worry is you think windhager will tag him this weekend

Haynes dropped for GWS, good news for Berg even with Whit returning. Was gonna get Berg in this week but will 100% bring him in next week for Jackson and get in one of Sic or Doc as well

Haynes dropped for GWS, good news for Berg even with Whit returning. Was gonna get Berg in this week but will 100% bring him in next week for Jackson and get in one of Sic or Doc as well
Haynes confirmed sub, just pray he doesn't come on early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back