Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 18 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Perryman a play? 599k

Surely, surely gets back in the midfield rotation after being in the first CBA in round one and going straight back in upon his return from injury. Kingsley seemed to get the ick on him and move him to lockdown defence, but now no Green has to be good for him, right?

They're not going to leave him in a crowded defence with Cumming, Angwin & Wehr on the wing while the inside midfield quartet is Cogs, Ward, Kelly, Callaghan with Greene/Bedford pinch hitting, are they?

Surely he goes in, Cumming goes back to defence, and Callaghan/Kelly spend a little bit more time on the wings with Angwin/Wehr too.

Sinclair, Docherty and Daicos all got mid status last week, do you have one of those you can move into the mids?
Did it originally with Dawson (also have Sinc, Doch, Daicos & Day DPP) but the main issue is two premos going out and Sicily only leaving funds for a speculative pick I guess. I can get two decent replacements for Green & DCAM if I go a bit cheaper.

Completely butchered my side so I'll continue to play around a bit.
It might be better to take the 1 week hit rather than have to correct the mess next week also.
I have Dunkley and Titch on the bench. Not ideal.

Moores an interesting punt. I've been keeping an eye on him all year ready to jump but just haven't seen anything that suggests he'll get back to last years scores
Yeah, I'm kind of taking a leap of faith on him. Stuck around 3k rank so jumping on scorers who have yet to pop. Picked up Walsh a fortnight ago with the same line of thinking. Probably blow up in my face, but rather try to finish top 1k and end up 5k than treading water where I am.

& I reckon regrettably Day is going to play defence this week. Sic in for Blanck, Breust in for DGB, then Ramsden, a ruck forward, in for Seamus who'd been playing back?

Unless Maginness plays there, their named team only has six defenders (Sic, Impey, Scrimshaw, Weddle, Frost, Hardwick) so someone's got to do the job

& I reckon regrettably Day is going to play defence this week. Sic in for Blanck, Breust in for DGB, then Ramsden, a ruck forward, in for Seamus who'd been playing back?

Unless Maginness plays there, their named team only has six defenders (Sic, Impey, Scrimshaw, Weddle, Frost, Hardwick) so someone's got to do the job

Don't disagree, but im not sure if anyone is in a position to do anything about it tbh

Yeah, I'm kind of taking a leap of faith on him. Stuck around 3k rank so jumping on scorers who have yet to pop. Picked up Walsh a fortnight ago with the same line of thinking. Probably blow up in my face, but rather try to finish top 1k and end up 5k than treading water where I am.

Good way to play, best of luck

Seamus Mitchell out. He was originally my trade out before Green went down injured. Will use him as a loop to decide between Worrell and Chesser.

Is Perryman a play? 599k

Surely, surely gets back in the midfield rotation after being in the first CBA in round one and going straight back in upon his return from injury. Kingsley seemed to get the ick on him and move him to lockdown defence, but now no Green has to be good for him, right?

They're not going to leave him in a crowded defence with Cumming, Angwin & Wehr on the wing while the inside midfield quartet is Cogs, Ward, Kelly, Callaghan with Greene/Bedford pinch hitting, are they?

Surely he goes in, Cumming goes back to defence, and Callaghan/Kelly spend a little bit more time on the wings with Angwin/Wehr too.
hes not ball hungry enough

Is Perryman a play? 599k

I held him way too long this season. He had chances in the midfield and was not much when he was there - I believed like you do now. No longer!

I held him way too long this season. He had chances in the midfield and was not much when he was there - I believed like you do now. No longer!

Averaged 84 in that 5 game stretch he went at 52% CBAs. Admittedly 84 isn't great hwen he was a 85-90 guy as a defender historically, but I reckon Green being out opens up a lot more of a rotation than Kelly did.

Who knows, maybe he doesn't go back in. Maybe he stays in defence. But priced at 71, breakeven 59, mid/def flexibility and good pedigree, even 85 is pretty solid for a stop gap.

Averaged 84 in that 5 game stretch he went at 52% CBAs. Admittedly 84 isn't great hwen he was a 85-90 guy as a defender historically, but I reckon Green being out opens up a lot more of a rotation than Kelly did.

Who knows, maybe he doesn't go back in. Maybe he stays in defence. But priced at 71, breakeven 59, mid/def flexibility and good pedigree, even 85 is pretty solid for a stop gap.
Looks like Josh Kelly's CBAs last week came from Callan Ward. Maybe Ward just goes back into the middle for Green?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have DC, sheldrick, Serong and Dunks to deal with. Can only trade two of them obvs so gonna have to hold Serong and Dunks

Thankfully have a chunk of cash in the bank so can double upgrade despite the s**t sandwich

DCam - Sicily
Sheldrick - Steele

Original plan for this week was Ashcroft up to Bont, now that seems weeks away from happening
Think I'll stick with this despite the Green news. Would have kept sheldrick if I could but I think if I hold DCam over Green I end up with a donut in the forwards. Not that it matters. Team is absolutely f**ked after this week's carnage lol

Blue is my expereince - Red is your assessment

1689324922222.png
It's possible he goes more 80's than 50-60's with Green out. He can go off early and you think, "great this is the week". Then he doesn't keep going. It really is an intensity problem - just doesn't sustain it. I'd be on Ward before Perryman.

View attachment 1738299
It's possible he goes more 80's than 50-60's with Green out. He can go off early and you think, "great this is the week". The he doesn't keep going. It really is an intensity problem - just doesn't sustain it. I'd be on Ward before Perryman.

Nah, my assessment is round 6-10 - when he had 52% CBAs and averaged 84 in that period. 11-17 he's played downdown defence with no CBAs - seems to be when you 'lucked' into him. Agree he's no good of late in that role. And I probably won't get him, so fools gold me preaching, but I've not written him off yet.

View attachment 1738299
It's possible he goes more 80's than 50-60's with Green out. He can go off early and you think, "great this is the week". The he doesn't keep going. It really is an intensity problem - just doesn't sustain it.
He scores in crazy sporadic ways hey. I’ve seen him score 50 in a quarter and score less than 25 the remaining 3

He scores in crazy sporadic ways hey. I’ve seen him score 50 in a quarter and score less than 25 the remaining 3
I owned him in those games - so frustrating hey?!

Nah, my assessment is round 6-10 - when he had 52% CBAs and averaged 84 in that period. 11-17 he's played downdown defence with no CBAs - seems to be when you 'lucked' into him. Agree he's no good of late in that role. And I probably won't get him, so fools gold me preaching, but I've not written him off yet.
Cherry-picked the best of his season - includes his only ton. Have you done the eye test yet? If go with him I hope you have success, I just can't see it.

Cherry-picked the best of his season - includes his only ton. Have you done the eye test yet? If go with him I hope you have success, I just can't see it.

Yes, I cherry picked the best of his season - because it was the 5 game stretch where he played in the midfield!

I feel like you've missed my entire point.

Perryman R6-10 played mids, averaged 84. Perryman R11-17 played back pocket, averaged 68. He is now priced at 71.

All I am saying is that with Green out, if he benefits via a role change back to that of R6-10, you could probably expect him to score like that again. I don't think it's reasonable to expect him to score like he did in a back pocket if he plays mids!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back