Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 20 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the others have Bont? If not then grab him, is Keays > Dunkley a possibility next week?
Yeah they have Bont. Worth going a bit unique then?
Keays to dunk for sure can be done next week, but if I do the Flanders/cogs I can do dunk from HH/Day next week

Screen Shot 2023-07-25 at 5.18.18 pm.png

Torn between bringing in either Sicily or Dunks this week, but with Dunks' BE of 141 and Sic facing the Saints who hand up points to opposition DEF on a silver platter, it might be smarter to opt for the SicDawg.

The question is, who goes for who?

Could opt to bring in a traditional cashcow in Nank of the Crom variety, but reckon it might be a wiser move to bring in Flanders to provide the cash needed for the SicDawg trade and provide solid scoring.

At this stage thinking:

Screen Shot 2023-07-25 at 5.24.08 pm.png

Crouch lost his touch now Steele is back at full flight and fitness, whilst Keays camped FWD means it's only a matter of time before he puts in a spud score (averaging less already).

$64k left in the bank for the next trade in next week (hopefully Dunks).

Yeah they have Bont. Worth going a bit unique then?
Keays to dunk for sure can be done next week, but if I do the Flanders/cogs I can do dunk from HH/Day next week
I brought Flanders in last week and his value gives a lot of options particularly if he's a POD against your rivals over the finals. Bonts draw over the next 5 rounds is enticing though and he's my target for next week.

View attachment 1755554View attachment 1755553

Alright bros, what trades should I make.

Thinking Will Day has to go, can easily just do Day & Shell to Sicily & Rookie

OR do I get cute with it and move on like NWM & Day to Sicily & Flanders or something?

Only 15k itb btw.
Far from me to advise someone at the pointy end like yourself, but have you thought about bringing in a 23rd player like Cogs who can be looped with your mids and fwds? Sheldrick & Windhager > 915k player & 200k rookie? Maybe a M/D who you can loop with Day?

I’m not at the pointy end so advise away.
Managed to root my team now blown out to 4600.

Dawson, Naicos, Sic, Sinclair, Stewart, Dale - Mullin, Fleeton
Merrett, Trac, Serong, Brouch, Neale, Ashcroft, Mills, GHewitt - Wilmot, EHewitt
Marshall, English. - Heath
Gulden, TT, Rozee, Cogs, Macrae, Jackson. - Windy, Maric, Davey

First week for some time with only one forced trade = Ashcroft
Help stem the bleeding.

Dunkley and Hewett
OR
LDU and Sheezel
?

I will still have 2 rookies on field even after trades, due to the run of injuries I've copped over the last 5 weeks and forced sideways trading.

Dunkley and Hewett
OR
LDU and Sheezel
?

I will still have 2 rookies on field even after trades, due to the run of injuries I've copped over the last few weeks and forced sideways trading.
LDU and Sheezel

I brought Flanders in last week and his value gives a lot of options particularly if he's a POD against your rivals over the finals. Bonts draw over the next 5 rounds is enticing though and he's my target for next week.
Roger, totally agree I love Bonts fixture from here. Flanders could be an awesome POD for my finals seems as if no one has him.
So cogs and Flanders? And next week Day for Bont?
Not liking cogs run home but it’s

Cogs/Butters/Martin/Sheezal

Seems like cogs is best option

If people are looking for Rookies .....can say categorically Nankervis from the Crows looks the goods

Chesser to Nankervis nets $150K

Have to replace Walsh .....which means my planned trade of Keays to Dunkley has to wait another week ......If you listening Josh, just a moderate game this week .....you can put the after burners on the week after

Signed
Non-Dunkley Owner
I’m at the stage where I don’t care if the rookie is playing or not. Given how few rounds are left, likely won’t have a chance to cash them out.

All about getting that $$$ on field.

Last edited:
Does hh or mills go first?
Mills hasn't looked great even when full mid, seems to stand back and try restrict players instead of getting the ball. No cbas this week and 2 goals luckily.

Hh finally did what we knew he could, playing more loose also, season nearly finished, team's fatiguing resulting in more chipping around. Does he play loose against Bulldogs also?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mills hasn't looked great even when full mid, seems to stand back and try restrict players instead of getting the ball. No cbas this week and 2 goals luckily.

Hh finally did what we knew he could, playing more loose also, season nearly finished, team's fatiguing resulting in more chipping around. Does he play loose against Bulldogs also?
Mills 100%

Go with who has the best fixture from here .....that's how close the decision is

Mills is the player you'd probably get hurt the most from trading out (role) .....HH you know what you'll get

RoMa > Gawn
Sheldrick > Dunks

Means I have HH as the 23rd man, which sucks this week with him and Jackson playing at the same time, but think it means I can loop between them next week (unless Lohmann is sub again).

If I don't do that, then it means trading either HH or Jackson out this week for Dunkley and not sure I'm ready to ditch either of them just yet.

Injury coverage OK ?
Only 1 playing rookie in each line, i.e. the WCE trio (Maric/Chesser/Hewett). Theoretically, all you need is one playing rookie on the bench. Then you can play musical chairs with your starting 22.

I think it's a personal preference to have a performing rookie on the bench (i.e. Wilmott, Windhager, etc) to cover 1-week injuries, but I prefer $$$ on the field. And if push comes to shove (i.e. finals / must-win games), I'll side-swap an injured premo.

RoMa > Gawn
Sheldrick > Dunks

Means I have HH as the 23rd man, which sucks this week with him and Jackson playing at the same time, but think it means I can loop between them next week (unless Lohmann is sub again).

If I don't do that, then it means trading either HH or Jackson out this week for Dunkley and not sure I'm ready to ditch either of them just yet.

In a near identical position to you here. Those trades aren't far off where I've settled for the week (not Sheldrick out, probably Anderson provided Laird plays - I've already got the 23rd man). The Gawn play feels safe, but also every chance we're jumping at Marshall shadows here and get burnt by those who hold. Marshall playing mediocre footy is an = fantasy player to Gawn at his peak. Wish it was SC.

I've still got Darcy Cam, who's probably the one I'm least confident about being in my 23 (HH excepted, but HH is the perfect 23rd), but keeping him this week makes sense given the HH/Jackson same time issue, so loop DC for HH, and if DC is good, loop HH for Will Day.

Other option for me is to use Darcy Cam as 23rd man as my ruck EMG this week and potentially not use his score unless RoMa is a late out, in which case I could trade RoMa to Sicily or something?

In a near identical position to you here. Those trades aren't far off where I've settled for the week (not Sheldrick out, probably Anderson provided Laird plays - I've already got the 23rd man). The Gawn play feels safe, but also every chance we're jumping at Marshall shadows here and get burnt by those who hold. Marshall playing mediocre footy is an = fantasy player to Gawn at his peak. Wish it was SC.

I've still got Darcy Cam, who's probably the one I'm least confident about being in my 23 (HH excepted, but HH is the perfect 23rd), but keeping him this week makes sense given the HH/Jackson same time issue, so loop DC for HH, and if DC is good, loop HH for Will Day.

Other option for me is to use Darcy Cam as 23rd man as my ruck EMG this week and potentially not use his score unless RoMa is a late out, in which case I could trade RoMa to Sicily or something?

I look at it as worst case Marshall plays and scores more than Gawn - I don't think the difference is going to be enough to hurt, and my other trade would have otherwise been Sheldrick down to Nankervis so not going to impact my points on field all that much.

Best case Marshall is a late out and Gawn goes 100+ and that's 100+ points I'm gaining on a fair chunk of the competition.

Have to trade Ashcroft - probably to Dunks/Doc
If RoMa is a dodgy hold thinking of trading
Looking @ Gawn v Steele/Dunks/Doc
Gawn draw looks good if no Grundy
Alternative to roll with Jackson @R2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back