Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 20 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plan was always to ditch Redman by now.. but given the 3 weeks coming up (especially the next 2) ill probly hold - Ridley out helps a few extra kick ins hopefully too. So will go with Macrae up to Dunks.

Then next week, W.Day>one of the 2 Essendon mids

Dunkley to Larkey
Marshall to Xerri
😉 (Barass out for the year)

Really going Sheldrick to Rookie,
Dylan Moore to Sicily...
But,
If Sicily has a day out like most defenders do against the Saints, Hawthorn will beat St Kilda.
The saints absolutely must shut him out of the game. So, second guessing Sicily now.

Penny has dropped for me that I had Jackson on my FWD bench not playing this week anyway, so can flip him with McAndrew to give me a safety net for RoMa and leave the RoMa > Gawn trade for another day in case that's needed.

Think I'm looking at:
Brouch > Tay Adams
Sheldrick > Dunks

View attachment 1754976

$280K after trades. Allows double upgrade the following week (e.g. Sheez/Daniel and Brouch > Sinc and Parish). Backing Gawn to average (only just) more than English for the remainder of the year. Do run the risk of Melb bringing Grundy back in.

ps. my OCD has me arranging players by price. I wished AFl fantasy followed RDT/Supercoach's UI, it's so much cleaner.
Urgh, second guessing myself now. There's no way Gawn will 100% ruck a game if Grundy's named in the team.

Safer to go Briggs > English. Gives a little bit more leeway if Marshall is out, able to trade Marshall straight to Gawn...

Last edited:
Penny has dropped for me that I had Jackson on my FWD bench not playing this week anyway, so can flip him with McAndrew to give me a safety net for RoMa and leave the RoMa > Gawn trade for another day in case that's needed.

Think I'm looking at:
Brouch > Tay Adams
Sheldrick > Dunks

Scratch that, Doc this week, will play the BE game and hope Dunks drops a bit.

Think I'll bring in Visentini for E Hewett gets me Keays > Dunks. Can't or don't want to bring in Dogga and don't have DCam. I could wait and see if Roma is a late out and get Gawn which would still allow me to upgrade Keays, but knowing me I'll likely stuff things up by being too cute.

All aboard the LDU Train I guess. Nice BE but those two big red X's worry me a bit :

1690503565263.png
Also going the flowing locks of Bailey 'boy' Smith - form over this period is a worry but he has played well at Mars, Eureka or whatever the F they call it:

1690503825726.png
Seeya Walsh and Sheldrick👋

Think I'll bring in Visentini for E Hewett gets me Keays > Dunks. Can't or don't want to bring in Dogga and don't have DCam. I could wait and see if Roma is a late out and get Gawn which would still allow me to upgrade Keays, but knowing me I'll likely stuff things up by being too cute.
Go for it mate, your cute days are behind you😔:tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weighing up how I handle Marshall. 175k banked, 23 premos (20-23 are Day, Jackson, Darcy Cam, Himmelberg)

1. Pre-emptive straight swap for Gawn, use the cash to turn Darcy Cam into anyone & have bank for next week.
2. Pre-emptive straight swap with Dunkley and move Jackson/Cameron to R2
3. Do a rookie downgrade to Visentini or Williams for cover
4. Do absolutely nothing and hope it's smoke and mirrors
5. Option 4, but leaving one trade a Sunday in/out (i.e. Day to Sicily) for if RoMa a late out
6. Burn the 23rd man (probably Cameron instead of Jackson) on being ruck emergency this week, use the 2 trades elsewhere
6b. Option 6, but if Cameron does really well tonight, consider option 2 using Max Heath as emg cover
7. Straight swap a Wilmot or Hewett type to a mid price ruck emg as permanent cover - Meek at 464k, Soldo at 557k, Campbell at 448k to handcuff him to Marshall

Weighing up how I handle Marshall. 175k banked, 23 premos (20-23 are Day, Jackson, Darcy Cam, Himmelberg)

1. Pre-emptive straight swap for Gawn, use the cash to turn Darcy Cam into anyone & have bank for next week.
5. Option 4, but leaving one trade a Sunday in/out (i.e. Day to Sicily) for if RoMa a late out
6. Burn the 23rd man (probably Cameron instead of Jackson) on being ruck emergency this week, use the 2 trades elsewhere
6b. Option 6, but if Cameron does really well tonight, consider option 2 using Max Heath as emg cover
7. Straight swap a Wilmot or Hewett type to a mid price ruck emg as permanent cover - Meek at 464k, Soldo at 557k, Campbell at 448k to handcuff him to Marshall
Whats wrong with RoMa?

I'm going with 4 and risking it. Have had way too many injury trades, and even if he plays FF and Campbell comes in it's better than him being out.

Think back to eariler in the year when there was another RoMa late out rumour, he was thankfully fine to go.

I'm going with 4 and risking it. Have had way too many injury trades, and even if he plays FF and Campbell comes in it's better than him being out.

Think back to eariler in the year when there was another RoMa late out rumour, he was thankfully fine to go.

I think that's the thing - even if Campbell comes in and Marshall plays CHF - he's pretty good there? The same style of play that makes him such a good fantasy guy without hitout dominance translates okay to working up the field and getting a few +6s. Like he was generally good for 85 odd when Ryder was the main man?

Not to mention Hawthorn's very leaky defence. I reckon the only option that's doomsday is if he's completely omitted, the 'strategic rest forward for a week' option shouldn't torpedo his scoring.

I think that's the thing - even if Campbell comes in and Marshall plays CHF - he's pretty good there? The same style of play that makes him such a good fantasy guy without hitout dominance translates okay to working up the field and getting a few +6s. Like he was generally good for 85 odd when Ryder was the main man?

Not to mention Hawthorn's very leaky defence. I reckon the only option that's doomsday is if he's completely omitted, the 'strategic rest forward for a week' option shouldn't torpedo his scoring.
He's so highly owned too. And in ther forward line he would be a much better scorer than bringing in a Meek, Soldo type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back