Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 21 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm this for me. Top of the ladder in cash league. If I win, do I miss next week and play the week before the finals to go into the gf or?

And if I lose this week, what's next

Mills > Steele?
or
Cripps > Zerrett? Means holding Mills for another week.

Really just a decision based on matchups for this week as Mills & Cripps are both out over the next 2 rnds for Steele & Zerrett.

Zerrett's matchup couldn't be much juicier and if Gulden get's attention then maybe, just maybe, Mills (if Horse allows) get's an opportunity to have a red hot crack. He couldn't do much worse than 58 last week could he?

Who would you play on field this week?

Windhager or Hewett?

Had planned on looping them, but they play the same game.

Who would you play on field this week?

Windhager or Hewett?

Had planned on looping them, but they play the same game.
I reckon that there's a fair chance that Hewett will run with Steele as he did last week against Daicos, whereas Windhager just seems to run around in the back half as a linkman for switches of play. Just my opinion though and been wrong too many times to count this year.

Haven't posted too much this year fellas, have definitely been reading, well done to those few very close to a hat! Sitting 5k this year, no 200th like last, but have scraped into the work league finals :grimacing:

Need some advice on the below two scenarios:
R Maric > Bauer (200ker)
Mills > Petracca or Parish or any midfielder under 940k.
This scenario means I keep Hewett and can loop any midfielder to watch their score, leaning Butters, Neale or W Day. If they score under an 80, I'll run with Hewett at M8
Vs.
Hewett > Bauer (200ker)
Mills > Merrett or any midfielder in the game (don't have Bont).
This scenario gets me M1 and a Zez who could be primed to go enormous

Mills > Steele?
or
Cripps > Zerrett? Means holding Mills for another week.

Really just a decision based on matchups for this week as Mills & Cripps are both out over the next 2 rnds for Steele & Zerrett.

Zerrett's matchup couldn't be much juicier and if Gulden get's attention then maybe, just maybe, Mills (if Horse allows) get's an opportunity to have a red hot crack. He couldn't do much worse than 58 last week could he?
If it's between having Steel and Cripps or Mills and Merrett, I'd probably go with Steele and Cripps. Cripps is better than Mills and Steele has been in excellent form.

Haven't posted too much this year fellas, have definitely been reading, well done to those few very close to a hat! Sitting 5k this year, no 200th like last, but have scraped into the work league finals :grimacing:

Need some advice on the below two scenarios:
R Maric > Bauer (200ker)
Mills > Petracca or Parish or any midfielder under 940k.
This scenario means I keep Hewett and can loop any midfielder to watch their score, leaning Butters, Neale or W Day. If they score under an 80, I'll run with Hewett at M8
Vs.
Hewett > Bauer (200ker)
Mills > Merrett or any midfielder in the game (don't have Bont).
This scenario gets me M1 and a Zez who could be primed to go enormous
More upside in option 2 IMO.
The difference between Hewett and whoever you loop him for could be 20 points or it could even be 0 or worse if the loop goes wrong.
The upside on Merrett against WC over Parish/Trac much more likely to be >20 IMO. Plus he has North the week after

Full disclosure. I'm basically making the same decision. I'm giving up Windy a week or two earlier than planned to get Zerrett in this week

Can do Mills to either Steele or Parish. Need help!

Virtually the same price. Steele in better form, Parish with the better fixture with the Eagles and Roos back to back.
People put a lot of emphasis on fixture. Unless they're playing Port, I'd go with in form player. Sometimes an easy team/win means the ball is barely down back or there isn't a lot of cheap kick/marks because it's too free flowing.

People put a lot of emphasis on fixture. Unless they're playing Port, I'd go with in form player. Sometimes an easy team/win means the ball is barely down back or there isn't a lot of cheap kick/marks because it's too free flowing.
Agree with this.. so many times over the years i traded in guys playing the easiest opposition, but sometimes all that means is the points get shared around more rather than massive tons for the top couple. Needs a special type of player who is hungry to rack up (or a special situation like Tex in rnd 24).. eg. Zerrett was traded in vs wce 10 weeks ago or whatever for a massive score and walked to a 111 or whatever it was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with this.. so many times over the years i traded in guys playing the easiest opposition, but sometimes all that means is the points get shared around more rather than massive tons for the top couple. Needs a special type of player who is hungry to rack up (or a special situation like Tex in rnd 24).. eg. Zerrett was traded in vs wce 10 weeks ago or whatever for a massive score and walked to a 111 or whatever it was.
I find against West Coast, the players that do well are the oppositions' ruckman, 1 or 2 midfielders and/or 1 half back defender. The big forward might go big as well, but unless they are a Curnow/Walker and kick close to 10, it might only be a low ton or not even. Majority of the scores are spread out.
St Kilda on the other hand, do tend to leak points (especially short chip kick/marks), so teams up against Saints might go big.

I really think I might ruin my team here. Not sure if I'm losing motivation or just stuck. 77 points off the hat, in cash league finals for $1500.

Got hh and Jackson but they don't get me much. Flanders and jelly type.

I think points per $ hh and Jackson are better this week due to Neale and daicos tags. I can get Neale and daicos to nwm and Laird and hope hh/Jackson do better
Next week one of hh or Jackson go to anyone.

Really going all out for a hat now and get some pods in my cash league as his team is slightly better then mine. Wish me luck boys

I really think I might ruin my team here. Not sure if I'm losing motivation or just stuck. 77 points off the hat, in cash league finals for $1500.

I think points per $ hh and Jackson are better this week due to Neale and daicos tags. I can get Neale and daicos to nwm and Laird and hope hh/Jackson do better

Really going all out for a hat now and get some pods in my cash league as his team is slightly better then mine. Wish me luck boys

It's funny you say that, I wonder if that's what happened to me last week with bringing in Taylor Adams. I basically made the call off the cuff late on Friday afternoon without a whole lot of thought to it. Looking back on it I wonder too whether I'm starting to lose a bit of motivation, which is an odd thing to say when (at the time) I was pushing for a first top 1k finish. Think I've cooked the chances of that which REALLY make me feel like I've lost the motivation this week, but wonder if it's a bit of burnout? Or the fact our teams are so similar that finding moves to make feels a lot less important because it's all about conforming to the mainstream.

Flanders and Kelly sideways is probably worth imo.

It's funny you say that, I wonder if that's what happened to me last week with bringing in Taylor Adams. I basically made the call off the cuff late on Friday afternoon without a whole lot of thought to it. Looking back on it I wonder too whether I'm starting to lose a bit of motivation, which is an odd thing to say when (at the time) I was pushing for a first top 1k finish. Think I've cooked the chances of that which REALLY make me feel like I've lost the motivation this week, but wonder if it's a bit of burnout? Or the fact our teams are so similar that finding moves to make feels a lot less important because it's all about conforming to the mainstream.
Yeah for sure mate, think it's a bit of a burn out here too. My trades seem logical now but when daicos doesn't get tagged and Neale doesn't and I'm just side ways trading whilst holding Jackson and hh for a week, will make me damn cry 🤣 but I'm trying to make a big last run and do something different. I think daicos scores 80, Neale tagged to an 80. I also think hh and Jackson score that (Jackson hopefully better) so I Mose well trade the first 2 to get me better players and try win my cash league. Then next week trade hh to Sicily type.

Flanders and Kelly sideways is probably worth imo.
It is for sure mate. And it's logical. But I think daicos scores 70-80, then a tag next week again. I'm thinking if daicos goes 80-90 for 2 weeks, I can trade to nwm and bank 100k and make an extra 50 points over 2 weeks, and put the coin on Neale to get to Laird. If that makes sense. Then hh up next week

It is for sure mate. And it's logical. But I think daicos scores 70-80, then a tag next week again. I'm thinking if daicos goes 80-90 for 2 weeks, I can trade to nwm and bank 100k and make an extra 50 points over 2 weeks, and put the coin on Neale to get to Laird. If that makes sense. Then hh up next week
That could work also but if HH pulls a 60 again then would it be worth it?

Keays to Flanders
Mills to Matt Crouch

Dunks will have to wait a week. The sight of Mills at M8 is too much to stomach at the moment.

Neale and Mills to NWM and Flanders or Jelly and Newman? Not great options, I know

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back