Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 22 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daicos to Ziebell (Himmelberg to the bench), Windhager to Docherty. Next week, Himmelberg to Dunkley, and a luxury trade.

Last edited:
Change of plans, Sheezel probably has to go, so....

Daicos > Newman
Sheezel > Butters

*Edit......nah scratch that

Sheezel > Jackson

Can't resist Jackson's next couple of matchups in Williams and Visentini

Mills > Bont next week

Last edited:

After much thought, think I'm gonna do something a bit weird, and bring in Jackson and Young/Short (still haven't decided), for Chesser and Naicos. Allows me to loop Himmelberg with Hewett through a series of convoluted moves, and makes more sense than Butters against GWS this week.

See if you can figure out how I'll do it all, haha:

1691368173063.png

Last edited:
Daicos the clear problem that needs fixing, so think him to Sicily is a given, and then have my choice of other problems to solve with 239k to use to do it.

Sheezel. Probably my biggest problem, but also my 6th defender, so if I solve him, I have to go to another defender

And none appeal to me
  • Luke Ryan at 908k, average of 100, L3 95. Feels overpriced and not a better option than what's available
  • Will Day at 818k, average of 96, L3 102. Probably a better value option, but I traded him out for Sheezel a fortnight ago and what a failure that would be.
  • Jayden Short at 755k, average of 93, L3 72, but includes the injury game. I think at this price he's good value with the draw he has to come.
  • NWM at 856k, average of 92, L3 of 96. Meh.
  • Houston at 853k, average of 91, L3 of 85. Meh.
  • Ziegull at 605k, average of 90. Risk, and I don't need the cash.
  • Young at 740k, average of 88, L3 of 92. New role looks very interesting.

I'd probably lean to Short or Young, which means I'd end up with 300k for next week. And I'm still not convinced either are better options than Sheezel.

Other problems to fix include stinky mids - Steele looked yuck, Neale's still an issue with the tag flag. Noah Anderson last 5 at 95 and only averages 97.5 since round 9 - just not a top tier guy like we thought.

I'd probably prefer to move out Anderson for either Crouch, Libba, Treloar, Parish, Green or Serong than Sheezel for Short/Young/Ryan.

Maybe the solution is to set Sheezel up at D7, and if he's gross, Trade out Neale for a replacement defender? Have Flanders as 23rd man so can do that.

Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing Melksham has been doing some fwd tags and Sicily has him next week. Do I just skip sic and get libba? Or stay safe with sic
Sicdawg v's the Dogs this week is a good matchup though, pity their game is Sunday, would have been a great VC option, who does Finn tag v's Doggies? Bont, Libba or Daniel?

Received a few messages so thought I'd relay my thoughts for everyone to see on this.
I'm a little surprised by this statement. Nash is our big bodied inside mid (198cms) and done jobs on big mids before like Tom green twice and has that defensive mindset.
With this statement, I think we do similar to last week. Nash takes Bont at cbas, after that, Finn follows Bont around. Keep in mind, Finn is elite at what he does (and not much else) but he does generally go to guys who rack up uncontested possessions and stops that. With Bont being Bont, with the size advantage on Finn, he should still go okay but I think it's enough to not bring him in this week but don't trade our due to WC next week.

Keep in mind, Bont could go fwd and kick 18 goals 🤣💪

Attachments

• received_780039673909083.jpeg
    received_780039673909083.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 52
Deciding on

Daicos > Newman
Anderson > Parish

or

Daicos > Ziebell/Short
Anderson > Laird

top feels safer but bottom has higher ceiling scores.
I don't mind option 1 TBH.

Brought in Newman myself with a 5 rnd ave of 118, coming off a 139 and had a 160+ earlier in the season so has a pretty good ceiling but doesn't hit it very often
Parish with a good matchup against the Roos should score ok although the Bombers effort against WCE was ordinary. Should score 110+

Ziebell is a good option for a cash grab, but I'm a bit suss on Laird with Crouch in doing the same job as an inside mid, his rnd 24 game against WCE is the saving grace, for me anyway.

Might be an opportunity to bring in a POD in Oliver with the Ziebell inclusion and target Laird for the last rnd?

I'm targeting players v's WCE over these last few rnds, brought Merrett in last week, have Serong & Brayshaw as well as adding Jackson this week, Mills > Bont next week to go with Libba and English, then considering M Crouch to go with Dawson and Laird for the last game of the season.

I don't mind option 1 TBH.

Brought in Newman myself with a 5 rnd ave of 118, coming off a 139 and had a 160+ earlier in the season so has a pretty good ceiling but doesn't hit it very often
Parish with a good matchup against the Roos should score ok although the Bombers effort against WCE was ordinary. Should score 110+

Ziebell is a good option for a cash grab, but I'm a bit suss on Laird with Crouch in doing the same job as an inside mid, his rnd 24 game against WCE is the saving grace, for me anyway.

Might be an opportunity to bring in a POD in Oliver with the Ziebell inclusion and target Laird for the last rnd?

I'm targeting players v's WCE over these last few rnds, brought Merrett in last week, have Serong & Brayshaw as well as adding Jackson this week, Mills > Bont next week to go with Libba and English, then considering M Crouch to go with Dawson and Laird for the last game of the season.
Taylor Walker could be a play for a R24 trade in.

Gonna modify my all Hawks trades slightly.

Naicos to Sicdog
Nic Martin to Wingard

Again with the Tassie factor, and Wingard is in ripping form in the past month playing his mixed MID/FWD role. Martin has been a fantastic pick for me but he’s put up some disappointing scores recently. Role change maybe?

I’m holding Vlaustin and hopefully he repeats his performance against the Saints from a few weeks ago (the week I brought him in)

Daicos > Sicily
Windhanger > Ziebell
Or
Daicos > Newman
Windhanger > Jackson/Butters

I think considering my match up in the prelim (one week ahead) I want to get Sicily since he has him. I’m 4k off getting Sicily and Jackson…bugger.

Next week Day/NWM to bont for the gf if I get there. Caaaaarn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back