Prediction 2023 Finals predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton premiership.

Jack Martin Norm Smith.

• Baggers win first "Actual" Final in 12 years
  • Pies out in another Prelim
  • Lions vs Port GF.
Still baffles me that there isn't more love out there in football world for an effort that saw Richmond lose a final to the team that finished ninth.

Still baffles me that there isn't more love out there in football world for an effort that saw Richmond lose a final to the team that finished ninth.
Maybe because of the effort that saw us win more flags in 4 years than your mob has in 40?

Crazy year

Hard to pick

Looked like Collingwood in a canter but they are getting the wobbles

2nd spot is huge for Melbourne or Brisbane.

I like Melbourne with Fritzch and Oliver to come back. Gawn is hitting form. Petracca along with Bont is/are the best player in the league IMO.

Melbourne just need 2nd.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are a few big games that can shape the final 8 but IMO the final 8 and points are:

Collingwood
Lions
Port
Melbourne
Carlton
Bulldogs
Geelong
Sydney

Pies lose one of Geelong or Brisbane at Marvel (I put Brisbane at Marvel as a L)
Lions win last 3
Port win last 3
Dees beat Carlton but fail against Sydney in Sydney
Carlton lose against Melbourne but win last 2 to sew up 5th spot
Dogs win next 2 but lose to Geelong in Geelong
Cats lose against the pies, win the mini-EF against a desperate St Kilda and beat Dogs in Geelong to finish 7th
Sydney win 2 of the next 3. Beat Melbourne in Rd24 and sneak in

Week 1:
Collingwood beat Melbourne
Lions beat Port
Geelong beat Bulldogs
Carlton beat Sydney

Week 2:
Carlton beat Melbourne
Port beat Geelong

Week 3:
Collingwood beat Port
Brisbane beat Carlton

GF:
Collingwood v Brisbane

Premierships happen every year.

Losing a final to a team that finished outside the finals, on the other hand...
Wish you guys had more to celebrate than an elimination final a decade ago

• Baggers win first "Actual" Final in 12 years
  • Pies out in another Prelim
  • Lions vs Port GF.
Port to drop players in the morning (mystery illness) There's literally no way Port would prefer to play Brisbane at the Gabba over a flat Pies at the MCG. The way I see it is Port have to win at the G so may as well start there. They aren't going to finish second now.

rest players against the Tigers

play the Pies, and win.

I think whoever wins out of Brisbane and Melbourne play in the GF vs Port.

Probably a Brisbane v Collingwood Grand final with Collingwood winning the premiership by 50 points in the Granny.

Melbourne and Port lose their qualifying finals respectively.

I think Port make it to the prelim and lose against Collingwood at The MCG.

Carlton will beat Melbourne in the semi final but lose against Brisbane at The Gabba in the prelim.

Carlton make preliminary final on a 12 game winning streak only to be flogged by 12 goals at the Gabba.
Collingwood sneaks over the line against a plucky Port Adelaide side by 7 points.
Collingwood to win Grand Final by 23 points only for premiership to be handed straight back after club is penalised for bringing game into disrepute. AFL decides there will be no 2023 premier as a result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back