Fixture 2023 Fixture News & Leaks : Round 1 Released, see OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn has played twice on a Sunday in the opening round since winning the 2008 premiership.
Wasn't the point I was making. Have no issue with us playing on a Sunday
How many years though has the opening game had a team projected to finish bottom 4?

Wasn't the point I was making. Have no issue with us playing on a Sunday
How many years though has the opening game had a team projected to finish bottom 4?
It's the point you replied to.

That ground looks even worse than the suburban grounds in Brisbane, urgh.

I'm glad the regional game isn't too far from Adelaide but wish it wasn't us.

If we can't play at Adelaide Oval I'd prefer a suburban ground.

Released at the same time the national team is playing their biggest game for 16 years. Yep must have just been a big coincidence.
He said its always in the Sunday Herald Sun. I don't read the Herald Sun so as I say not sure if true.

Yeah I was watching the socceroos but far more interested in Football than Soccer. Much prefer watching the Boomers than the socceroos personally

He said its always in the Sunday Herald Sun. I don't read the Herald Sun so as I say not sure if true.

Yeah I was watching the socceroos but far more interested in Football than Soccer. Much prefer watching the Boomers than the socceroos personally
All good and well, some of us like one sport over another and some love more than one sport. This just came across as quite pathetic to release rd 1 fixture at the same time as the Socceroos are playing their biggest game in years. I mean it’s the afl off season ffs.

All good and well, some of us like one sport over another and some love more than one sport. This just came across as quite pathetic to release rd 1 fixture at the same time as the Socceroos are playing their biggest game in years. I mean it’s the afl off season ffs.
Did you even read his post?
The round 1 fixture was mostly just getting released for the sunday Herald Sun paper which is always at 6am.
It was also released on the exact same date in 2021 as well.

I read the fixture way after the sooceroos game finished, didn't even bat an eyelid
It's more pathetic that you're whinging over this

Last edited:
Did you even read his post?
The round 1 fixture was mostly just getting released for the sunday Herald Sun paper which is always at 6am.
It was also released on the exact same date in 2021 as well.

I read the fixture way after the sooceroos game finished, didn't even bat an eyelid
It's more pathetic that you're doing over this

Yeah I don’t get the outcry either. I also saw it many hours later, I wasn’t aware it had been released.
Imo they didn’t make it a huge deal and it’s only 1 round lol.

If the AFL truly wanted to take all the attention they would release the whole fixture prior to the Denmark game.
However they didn’t and no one expected the Aussies to make it to the round of 16. It’s as if they let the Socceroos have the spotlight.

All our players will have well and truly left Qatar by the time the full fixture is released.
The AFL has been very nice to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*, I did not even know there was a soccer game on until I was driving to shopping centre Sunday arvo and hear in car radio there was some pepper spray of people in city overnight and assumed cooker and religious types but then I heard it was for some soccer fans wanting to congregate in Federation square to watch a game on big screen.

Yep, I was sound asleep

If magic round is in Round 5, wouldn't that mean both WA teams have to play at home in all of Rounds 2, 4 and 6? If so it would mean the derby would have to be in Round 6 so after that they can schedule one game in Perth each week with teams alternating travel.

I guess both derbies could be scheduled in the first 6 weeks but that would be unusual.
Definitely being held 13-16 April.

Strong rumour that Collingwood vs St Kilda on 16 April @ 4pm

Definitely being held 13-16 April.

Strong rumour that Collingwood vs St Kilda on 16 April @ 4pm
Should have been over Easter.

13-16 of April is round 1 of the VAFA, NFNL (mostly anyway), SFNL, WRFL and EDFL. EFNL start on April 1st outside of their premier division but have Easter off in D1-4. I'm not sure about other local leagues around the country but wouldn't you want as many people travelling to SA as possible?

Also ridiculous that they aren't having a Showdown for it. Wasn't the concept supposed to be about not having a home ground advantage either way?

Also ridiculous that they aren't having a Showdown for it. Wasn't the concept supposed to be about not having a home ground advantage either way?

If the Showdown happens in the Magic Round then the Adelaide teams just get an extra home game sometime else during the season anyway. There’s no point wasting the Showdown and it’s natural huge crowd during the Magic Round.

Yeah I was surprised to see Brisbane in the regional game. If they weren’t to be playing Adelaide Oval I would’ve thought a suburban venue.
Over the last 10 years the only 2 clubs to have played more away games in Bumfuq, Idaho (Port Adelaide and Gold Coast) have both had in place agreements with the home clubs to be the away team for some of those junkets.

Being the 2nd most winning club over the last 4 years evidently counts for nothing.

If the Showdown happens in the Magic Round then the Adelaide teams just get an extra home game sometime else during the season anyway. There’s no point wasting the Showdown and it’s natural huge crowd during the Magic Round.
Adelaide and Port get a huge leg up by having SA host magic round. I can't see how they should get an extra advantage by playing teams from interstate.

They're getting 11 home games outside of this anyway. In essence now both are getting 12 home games in Adelaide against non-SA club's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back