R6

Collingwood v Essendon @ MCG

R11

Gold Coast v Western Bulldogs @ TIO Stadium

R12

Gold Coast v Adelaide @ TIO Stadium

R16

Melbourne v GWS @ TIO Stadium

As I type this it is now less than 14 weeks until the opening bounce of the season and still no fixture apart from round 1 and the "leaks" over the last few days and then when it does finally drop it is half baked and still not really officially ready.

So Fremantle vs Gold Coast, at a Suburban oval, is going to be played at 3:10 Perth time? So the vast majority of Freo fans will be at work for the entire game and will miss it? Hell I'm in Queensland and I'll still miss the first quarter or so along with other Gold Coast fans. What the actual f***? How can one not be apoplectic at that horrendous afterthought of scheduling?!

The worst part is I'm certain the AFL spin machine will sell it as 'It's great, for your improved season last year we've rewarded you with this prime time Friday night game, don't say we don't give them to you".

F*** right off.

Dear Freo and Gold Coast fans

Go Away Middle Finger GIF by Film Riot

Last edited:
So Fremantle vs Gold Coast, at a Suburban oval, is going to be played at 3:10 Perth time? So the vast majority of Freo fans will be at work for the entire game and will miss it? Hell I'm in Queensland and I'll still miss the first quarter or so along with other Gold Coast fans. What the actual f***? How can one not be apoplectic at that horrendous afterthought of scheduling?!

The worst part is I'm certain the AFL spin machine will sell it as 'It's great, for your improved season last year we've rewarded you with this prime time Friday night game, don't say we don't give them to you".

F*** right off.
I wanted to go but I work in Melb until 6pm on a Friday so was planning to fly over after work but zero chance of that happening now!

I’d be pretty pissed if I was a Freo fan, they finished top six last season and they get shunted out to a suburban oval in a timeslot when a large chunk of their fan base will still be at work.

So a top 6 finish gets you shunted to a suburban ground on a Friday afternoon?

What a ****ing joke this league is

Hey, I was right!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2022 was 2007 all over again. We were far better than everyone but only Collingwood put up a fight.

If next year is 2008 then I’m expecting to go 21-1 and lose to a team like Carlton in the GF

AO is the entire attraction to make it worth the trip. Wouldn't be driving 7 hours for a game in the Barossa or whoop whoop and I'm sure I'm not alone.
Yeah they basically said "Brisbane and North Melbourne fans are not welcome". Evidently making us pay for Clarko and Fagan's "sins" one way or another... 🙄

AO is the entire attraction to make it worth the trip. Wouldn't be driving 7 hours for a game in the Barossa or whoop whoop and I'm sure I'm not alone.
Norwood is a 15 minute drive from AO. I wanted a suburban ground rather than a stadium.

Norwood is a 15 minute drive from AO. I wanted a suburban ground rather than a stadium.
Have you been to AO already though? I've got a suburban ground within walking distance here at home so I don't need to drive 7 hours to see one. Adelaide Oval is a bucket list item for me. Norwood would've locked out a lot of Essendon supporters from going. The AFL must not be expecting Brisbane fans to travel and North have a small fan base so it makes most sense to put them there if anyone was going to play there.

Have you been to AO already though? I've got a suburban ground within walking distance here at home so I don't need to drive 7 hours to see one. Adelaide Oval is a bucket list item for me. Norwood would've locked out a lot of Essendon supporters from going. The AFL must not be expecting Brisbane fans to travel and North have a small fan base so it makes most sense to put them there if anyone was going to play there.
No, but I want to go to the cricket there rather than footy.

Yeah they basically said "Brisbane and North Melbourne fans are not welcome". Evidently making us pay for Clarko and Fagan's "sins" one way or another... 🙄
I just assumed Bris and North were at Norwood. Mount Barker? Geez.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back