Fixture 2023 Fixture - Round 16-23 confirmed

Which teams do you want to play twice?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's strange how we only ever seem to play Adelaide once a year and the game is always in Melbourne. It's been this way since Adelaide Oval has been an AFL venue and the last time we played the Crows there was in 2020.

When was the last time we played port at the g? In the 90s? 😂

If it’s on a Saturday arvo, we’ll get more than 40 next year
Using games from the 90s is almost as ridiculous as claiming we get more at the MCG as some sort of amazing fact, when in actual fact we only play our high drawing rivals at the MCG so of course we get bigger crowds there.

Using games from the 90s is almost as ridiculous as claiming we get more at the MCG as some sort of amazing fact, when in actual fact we only play our high drawing rivals at the MCG so of course we get bigger crowds there.
No I’m comparing games at the g compared to games at marvel against the game rival. This year we got 45k against Sydney at the mcg when we were down the bottom of the ladder. If that game is at marvel, it’s 30-35k. More fans like going to the mcg, especially interstate clubs.

Gold Coast will be the most difficult imo
King back, another preseason into their under 24s
That's true of course, I am just banking on the game been played here as the sole reason we win. If on the GC I probably wouldn't back us in.

for what is touted the easiest draw in the league, im only confident in 4 games (hawks, 2x North and the Eagles here) and half confident in 3 (GWS & Saints games)
the 40/60's - Port at the G, Crows at Marvel) are late season and any number of variables could sway the odds there.

Cats twice (and once at GMHBA), travelling to the Lions, Dockers & Eagles, Dogs at Marvel - not giving us much hope there

Things to be thankful for - no trip to the SCG (cancel the proctologist), one game against the Tigers, soft opener (until we balls it up).....west coast, north and the hawks may well finish ahead of us. Harley Reid :)

Well I'm off to our Gather Round game, taking the old man who barracks for Melbourne.

$30 for a double header is damn good value but will likely skip the Port game and have dinner with the folks.
I’m going with a few mates. 4 day pass with level 2 seats for $70 is ridiculously good value. Don’t know why people are complaining.

I’m going with a few mates. 4 day pass with level 2 seats for $70 is ridiculously good value. Don’t know why people are complaining.
From what I encountered with my folks, accommodation is either booked already (likely for the travelling teams and their entourage) or if you want to be in town or North Adelaide you're going to pay through the nose. That's where the weekend will get expensive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume it's the double ups against the bottom 3 that counter that
Probably. But I don’t think double ups against GWS or WCE are a huge favour 🤣

I assume it's the double ups against the bottom 3 that counter that
They take percentage into account, so Collingwood (4th) barely having a percentage above 100% means they aren't as difficult an opponent as say Brisbane (6th) or Fremantle (5th) who ended up with 1 less win but at least 14% higher each for example.

They take percentage into account, so Collingwood (4th) barely having a percentage above 100% means they aren't as difficult an opponent as say Brisbane (6th) or Fremantle (5th) who ended up with 1 less win but at least 14% higher each for example.
Good point. We nearly beat Collingwood twice last year.

Well I'm off to our Gather Round game, taking the old man who barracks for Melbourne.

$30 for a double header is damn good value but will likely skip the Port game and have dinner with the folks.
same. going with my Dees supporting mate.
got tix on the hill for a nice AO experience. likely the same, will maybe catch half the port/dogs game then head out for a bite.

Can we just skip to the trade and draft period, already? We seem to do better at that. This annoying footy stuff in between seems to be the hard part and now we even have to do an extra 1 of those game thingies.

Apparently we're playing you in a pre-season game at Moorabbin.
Good for both sides. Should be a challenge for us and a game you'll look to win to get confidence up

Couldn't ask for an easier first month.

Hawthorn after a fire sale.

GC and GWS at home.

St Kilda with real worries about their key forwards.

Should be aiming to be 3-1 at the very worst.

Couldn't ask for an easier first month.

Hawthorn after a fire sale.

GC and GWS at home.

St Kilda with real worries about their key forwards.

Should be aiming to be 3-1 at the very worst.
I'd be happy with 1-3, GC should beat us, as should St Kilda despite us being their bogey side, and we always struggle against GWS

Back