Fixture 2023 Fixture - Round 16-23 confirmed

Which teams do you want to play twice?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

THE AFL is pleased to announce tickets for the 2023 Toyota AFL Premiership Season Gather Round double-header – Essendon v Melbourne and Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs on Saturday, April 15 at Adelaide Oval - are currently exhausted.

This follows the previously announced sell out of Brisbane Lions vs North Melbourne at Adelaide Hills (Summit Sports and Recreation Park, Mount Barker).

Three of the nine matches in 'Gather Round' are now sold out.

Over 129,000 tickets have been sold across the four-day footy festival with 35 per cent of tickets coming from interstate, totalling 45,000.

No idea how to put the tweet here, but I got it from here - if some one can do it.

General Public tickets for the 2023 Toyota AFL Premiership Season match – Collingwood v Essendon on Tuesday, 25th April at the MCG are currently exhausted. Should further tickets become available, they will be released via Ticketek at 11am (AEST) Friday 21st April 2023.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea how to put the tweet here, but I got it from here - if some one can do it.

General Public tickets for the 2023 Toyota AFL Premiership Season match – Collingwood v Essendon on Tuesday, 25th April at the MCG are currently exhausted. Should further tickets become available, they will be released via Ticketek at 11am (AEST) Friday 21st April 2023.
Just paste the link in and the forum will do the rest;
Code:
https://twitter.com/AFL_House/status/1630401423350571008

Can get the link by clicking on the date in the embedded ones.

Just paste the link in and the forum will do the rest;
Code:
https://twitter.com/AFL_House/status/1630401423350571008

Can get the link by clicking on the date in the embedded ones.

They should rotate the teams for the Anzac day clash, to make it fair for everyone

One year it should be Essendon v Collingwood, the next year it should be Collingwood v Essendon.

3 wins, 1 loss after 4 is a good return for a team most would consider a bottom 6 lock.

Next 8 weeks is a huge challenge but hoping we can shag a win or two and get as close to 50:50 as possible in the next 8 starts;

R5: Demons (away, Adelaide, 3:40pm, Sat)
R6: Magpies (away, MCG, 3:20pm, Tues - Anzac Day)
R7: Cats (home, MCG, 1:10pm, Sun)
R8: Power (away, AO, 12:40pm, Sun)
R9: Lions (away, Gabba, 7:25pm, Sat night)
R10: Tigers (home?, MCG, 7:30pm, Sat night - Dreamtime)
R11: Eagles (away, Optus, 5:30pm, Sat twilight)
R12: Kangaroos (home?, Marvel, 4:40pm, Sun twilight)

Then a tough run to continue the middle of the year, the only saving grace is 5/7 games at Marvel with round round 23 24 played at MCG versus Magpies.

Going to be a very tricky year but set it up with a reasonable start.

3 wins, 1 loss after 4 is a good return for a team most would consider a bottom 6 lock.

Next 8 weeks is a huge challenge but hoping we can shag a win or two and get as close to 50:50 as possible in the next 8 starts;

R5: Demons (away, Adelaide, 3:40pm, Sat)
R6: Magpies (away, MCG, 3:20pm, Tues - Anzac Day)
R7: Cats (home, MCG, 1:10pm, Sun)
R8: Power (away, AO, 12:40pm, Sun)
R9: Lions (away, Gabba, 7:25pm, Sat night)
R10: Tigers (home?, MCG, 7:30pm, Sat night - Dreamtime)
R11: Eagles (away, Optus, 5:30pm, Sat twilight)
R12: Kangaroos (home?, Marvel, 4:40pm, Sun twilight)

Then a tough run to continue the middle of the year, the only saving grace is 5/7 games at Marvel with round round 23 24 played at MCG versus Magpies.

Going to be a very tricky year but set it up with a reasonable start.

With todays evidence suggesting we can at least compete, I desperately want to re evaluate my expectations for this next 8 weeks.

Initially wanted to go at worst 2-6, no reason at all we couldn't take care of a Pies side ripe for the picking on Anzac Day, Tigers are due. West Coast and Roos are s**t so 4 - 4 would be good. Any better at it would be brilliant (expecting losses to Cats, Power, Lions).

1/1 is a good start and in a year where I think 10 wins (or what was 10 wins) would get you into the finals, being 4-1 after 5 is a bloody good start

Home games:
1x Friday night at the MCG (Dogs)
2x Saturday night at Marvel (Port, Swans)
1x Saturday traditional slot at Marvel (Eagles)
1x Sunday afternoon at Marvel (Crows)
1x still TBC in Round 24 (Pies)

Away games:
1x Saturday night at KP (Geelong)
1x Saturday afternoon at Marvel (North)
1x Saturday twilight in Sydney (GWS)

Also 5 games in a row on channel 7, and then the last 3 games when we're playing bottom of the ladder sides and trying to fight our way back into 8th will all be on FoxFooty/Kayo with constant oversubscription and crashing.

Essendon Rds 16-24 fixture​

RoundDate (Broadcaster)OpponentVenueH/ATime
16Saturday, Jul 1 (SEVEN)Port AdelaideMCGHome7:25pm
17Sunday, Jul 9 (SEVEN)Adelaide CrowsMarvel StadiumHome3:20pm
18Saturday, Jul 15 (SEVEN)Geelong CatsGMHBA StadiumAway7:25pm
19Friday, Jul 21 (SEVEN)Western BulldogsMarvel StadiumHome7:50pm
20Saturday, Jul 29 (SEVEN)Sydney SwansMarvel StadiumHome7:25pm
21Saturday, Aug 5 (FOX)West Coast EaglesMarvel StadiumHome1:45pm
22Saturday, Aug 12 (FOX)North MelbourneMarvel StadiumAway1:45pm
23Saturday, Aug 19 (FOX)GWS GIANTSGIANTS StadiumAway4:35pm
24Friday, Aug 25 to Sunday, Aug 27CollingwoodMCGHomeTBC

Does anybody know where I can get tickets for the round 24 game against Collingwood? I live in Shanghai and am planning to fly in for the game that weekend & bring my son over from Adelaide to join me

Games I feel we should bank

Round 11 - Eagles, Sat night, Optus
Round 12 - Kangaroos, Sun twilight, Marvel
Round 21 - Eagles, Sat arvo, Marvel
Round 22 - Kangaroos, Sat arvo, Marvel
Round 23 - Giants, Sat twilight, Giants stadium

Winnable games / 50:50

Round 13 - Blues, Sun night (Kings eve), MCG
Round 15 - Dockers, Sat twilight, Optus
Round 17 - Crows, Sun prime time, Marvel
Round 20 - Swans, Sat night, Marvel

Harder but not impossible (under dogs)
Round 16 - Power, Sat night, Marvel
Round 18 - Cats, Sat night, GMHBA
Round 19 - Bulldogs, Fri night, Marvel
Round 24 - Collingwood, undecided but usually Saturday night/Sunday but could be a genuine Friday night chance if we have finals on the line.

We are currently 5 wins, 5 losses, we take the 5 wins against lowly opposition and then we need to get 2 of the 4 possible wins to (hopefully) make finals.

Im not sure playing finals is a good thing for this young group. Staying in games for longer should be the goal, if we do make finals id be supporting for a win but who knows. Just need to try not to fall off a cliff like we are renowned for over the last two decades.

Back