Fixture 2023 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Edit pt2: SC fish A little surprised you even had to think about who to go for. C'mon, we've been Hawthorn 2.0 for at least four years now
The trouble is the local team are the Barkeroos, who wear blue and white with a kangaroo on the front. I'll get run out of town if people find out I'm supporting the Lions :eek:

The trouble is the local team are the Barkeroos, who wear blue and white with a kangaroo on the front. I'll get run out of town if people find out I'm supporting the Lions :eek:
So technically a home game for the Lions in an area that is saturated with second stage Kangaroos ... awesome

So technically a home game for the Lions in an area that is saturated with second stage Kangaroos ... awesome
I think it's been reversed and it's actually an away game for us now.
It’s neither.

It’s a new themed round, where it’s neutral for every team.

Except of course the two teams playing on their home deck.

You watch “Gather Round” arrive in QLD and Brisbane get shipped off for a game in Cairns in 2025.

Spoilers for the 2023 season ahead.

I ran the season through an AI algorithm and received the following results. For perspective, this model predicted the last 10 grand final results so it is extremely accurate.

I can see us losing no more than 2 games.

View attachment 1572004

Any AI algorithm that has Richmond occupying 7th is clearly not programmed correctly.
Richmond 9th, that's the natural algorithm.

It’s neither.

It’s a new themed round, where it’s neutral for every team.
Yes of course, but I was referring to the fact that we appeared on the right of the "v".

Except it looks like I was wrong anyway and we are on the left hand side after all. So yes we are the "home" team in roo territory 🤦

The great thing is that getting run out of Mt Barker is only a five minute effort, so you can turn around and run back in again.

Spoilers for the 2023 season ahead.

I ran the season through an AI algorithm and received the following results. For perspective, this model predicted the last 10 grand final results so it is extremely accurate.

I can see us losing no more than 2 games.

View attachment 1572004
To be fair, nearly every other squiggle I've seen has us finishing on the boundary of the eight with around 13 wins.

Hopefully yours is more accurate.

I reckon St Kilda slides a bit this year, potentially bottom 6.

Adelaide is still probably a bottom 6 team.

Gold Coast, Collingwood and Fremantle all appear to look like middle 6 teams.

Melbourne feels like the only genuine contender amongst our double ups.
Freo seem to have a difficult fixture. I think Collingwood make the 8 and agree Demons will be up there. Carlton should improve. Dogs might slide a few spots. Not sure on Port don't believe their defence is tall enough and a couple ageing players.

As others have said Lions have been given a good draw and my lid is off.

To be fair, nearly every other squiggle I've seen has us finishing on the boundary of the eight with around 13 wins.

Hopefully yours is more accurate.
Have not looked at squiggle but only 13 wins would be a bad result for 2023
Below my thoughts on the games we most likely win in order of the fixture draw
Regarding my wins expected, we may drop 1 as there is always an upset win by some team

Wins Expected: Roos, GWS, Bombers, Suns, Crows, Hawks, Saints, Eagles, Suns, Crows, Saints = 11 games less 1 upset being 10

Gabba Games: Cats, Demons, Pies, Dockers, Swans, Tigers = 6 games let's say 3 wins although we are very good at The Gabba

Others: Power, Dogs, Blues, Demons, Dockers, Pies = 6 games, let's say 3 wins

That is 16 wins in my opinion and i think a reasonable assessment.
This year the Pies finished 4th on % with 16 wins equal with the Demons 2nd & Swans 3rd

With an extra game in 2023 you will need at least 16 wins so that should be our aim initially

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we win all of them do we get a Streak DVD?
I don't normally do requests but I'll see what I can do. Any location requests? Tennis courts footy field. I'm not running super fast at the moment so depending on what level of exposure you're after choose wisely

I don't normally do requests but I'll see what I can do. Any location requests? Tennis courts footy field. I'm not running super fast at the moment so depending on what level of exposure you're after choose wisely
Maybe you and Morbidly_Obese can work something out between you!

Just saw this on SENs site. Port, Sydney and Freo play 3 games each at the G. I doubt we've played that many there in 20 years despite our success. Frustrating.
its a bit bizarre that our away game against collingwood is at marvel. could be the highlight game of that week with serious finals implications - seems far more fitting to be at the MCG than 2 games that are slated to be hosted there that round

its a bit bizarre that our away game against collingwood is at marvel. could be the highlight game of that week with serious finals implications - seems far more fitting to be at the MCG than 2 games that are slated to be hosted there that round
It might be more about the Pies getting another game at the G which would make it 15

MCG​

14 - Collingwood
13 - Richmond
13 - Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back