Fixture 2023 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Photos of the ground, taken yesterday
340655636_605124394836210_6497338874594501869_n.jpg

341114532_1307457526650013_4066223918509240312_n.jpg

Still perplexes me that they've scheduled a game an hour away from Adelaide Oval. For people that want to go to the afternoon games, you'd hope there are quite a few buses. Otherwise, the only reason I can see it being placed out there is for people to experience a little bit of rural Adelaide while they're in town.

Still perplexes me that they've scheduled a game an hour away from Adelaide Oval. For people that want to go to the afternoon games, you'd hope there are quite a few buses. Otherwise, the only reason I can see it being placed out there is for people to experience a little bit of rural Adelaide while they're in town.
Yep it's certainly a fair way away from Adelaide but it's freeway most of the way so not too bad. There will be Footy Express buses pretty well express between Adelaide Oval and the Mount Barker Oval

Photos of the ground, taken yesterday
340655636_605124394836210_6497338874594501869_n.jpg

341114532_1307457526650013_4066223918509240312_n.jpg

Definitely looking great now! Turf looking A+

It's actually quite a picturesque ground with the backdrop of the rolling hills.

Definitely looking great now! Turf looking A+

It's actually quite a picturesque ground with the backdrop of the rolling hills.

I said this earlier, the turf looks far better than Marvel where half the turf is dying or dead.

Probably the only downside is exposure to the elements.

Fairly sure the coaches will be hammering home that this game is to be treated like any other and there's nothing to fear by going to Mt. Barker.

Not at all concerned by what the weather will be like. The most important thing is that we bring our A Game .

Fairly sure the coaches will be hammering home that this game is to be treated like any other and there's nothing to fear by going to Mt. Barker.

Not at all concerned by what the weather will be like. The most important thing is that we bring our A Game .
Looking forward to seeing my favourite Lions players live - particularly Neale, Cameron, Gunston and Daniher. Hopefully Rich will be IN too.

The old 'home v away' stats are irrelevant with the national competition. It's much more relevant to talk about home cities and neutral games IMO.

Neutral games (assuming held at home ground of the first mentioned team):
Melbourne team v Melbourne team
Adelaide v Port Adelaide or reverse
Freo v West Coast (share home ground) or reverse
Geelong games in Melbourne v Melbourne team or reverse

True 'home v away' matchups (assuming held at home ground of the first mentioned team):
Any team vs team from out-of-state
Brisbane v Gold Coast or reverse
Sydney v GWS or reverse
Geelong v anyone at Kardinia Park

There are a few edge cases, like the games Hawthorn and North play in Tassie; I'm inclined to list them as 'home v away' matchups because the Hawks and Roos have much more experience playing in those venues than their opponents.
Would that make Hawks vs Roos in Tassie a Neutral game as well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone actually see this " coin toss"? Wouldn't be like the afl to make this stuff up would it?
I heard the AFL was going to get in a professional tosser to do it but it turned out they already had a surplus on staff.

There was a paywall on an article but apparently that Brown flog got into a very heated and public argument somewhere with another journo who i dont know who it was as couldnt read article edit - found it -

Good on McGowan - no idea who he is but lol at Brown sticking up for BT for barracking for Pies in commentary versus us.

Hi guys / girls,

Checking out your draw just now. You’ve got 9 more games at the GABBA and you’ll play GWS, Hawthorn, GC, Fremantle away. Couple of harder ones in there but you also play well against us at the G and us in general (now).

Starting to think that if things begin clicking with your forwards that this may be the year you salute. You’ve been up for many years and this could be a GF year.

Is there much confidence here that you may make a GF or even win it?

Hi guys / girls,

Checking out your draw just now. You’ve got 9 more games at the GABBA and you’ll play GWS, Hawthorn, GC, Fremantle away. Couple of harder ones in there but you also play well against us at the G and us in general (now).

Starting to think that if things begin clicking with your forwards that this may be the year you salute. You’ve been up for many years and this could be a GF year.

Is there much confidence here that you may make a GF or even win it?
One week at a time demondavey, gotta beat the Giants in Canberra next week first ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back