Fixture 2023 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Our ability to score which is a by product of that forward line they’re “worried about” has been the least of ours worries for probably a good 4-5 years now. Think the forward line with the midfield we’ve put together now will be more than adequate.

View attachment 1569885

“Their forward line.. I just don’t like it. I think they’re in trouble…”

Richmond got to their scoring total with 2 games against the Eagles too. Normalise for number of games played against teams that were functional (i.e. not North and West Coast) I think we were pretty clearly the most potent attack.

Other funny part of the interview was the disparaging of a player getting 30-40 goals a year. Some old journalists really need to re-calibrate their idea of what an expected goal tally is of a player who is the 3rd or 4th target when the coleman medalist is kicking less than 70 goals a season.

Does the magic round count as one of Adelaide/Port's home games or is it an extra for them?
It will be extra b/c there is still 22 H&A games + this mickey mouse or "gimmick" round.

I guess you could make the argument that Melbourne teams get 16 to 18 home games anyway as often they are the away team at there home ground or playing away at the MCG / Etihad which would be pretty neutral anyway.

It will be extra b/c there is still 22 H&A games + this mickey mouse or "gimmick" round.

I guess you could make the argument that Melbourne teams get 16 to 18 home games anyway as often they are the away team at there home ground or playing away at the MCG / Etihad which would be pretty neutral anyway.
I think it should have been a showdown to make the fixture more equal but the AFL showed years ago they aren't really worried about that.

Do the Crows and port get paid extra for the round or is it just the other 18 clubs
From what i have read all players playing get the bonus along with the clubs
So, i imagine you don't want to be injured for that week and miss out on extra cash
It could be averaged over the whole group but that would be a bit odd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what we know so far about our fixture or is strongly rumoured/likely

Round 1 Sat twilight Port Away
Round 2 home v Richmond/Melbourne/GWS/Hawthorn or St Kilda
Round 3 Friday night Dogs at Marvel
Round 4 Easter Thursday prob v Pies at the Gabba
Round 5 v North Saturday Mount Barker
Round 6 ANZAC day round possible QCLASH at the Gabba

It will essentially be a 12th home game for them. Much as it's a 12th home game for us, looking at the fixture.
Aside from Crows and Power, despite a team being named in the first spot eg Bris v North, it is no more a home game for us as it is North isn't it? I mean if we look at the Fremantle v Suns game, both of these clubs will still get there 11 home games in WA/QLD as we will still get 11 at Gabba and North will get there 11 b/w Ethad and Hobart.

So what we know so far about our fixture or is strongly rumoured/likely

Round 1 Sat twilight Port Away
Round 2 home v Richmond/Melbourne/GWS/Hawthorn or St Kilda
Round 3 Friday night Dogs at Marvel
Round 4 Easter Thursday prob v Pies at the Gabba
Round 5 v North Saturday Mount Barker
Round 6 ANZAC day round possible QCLASH at the Gabba
Was thinking we might gets the Cats this year for Easter Thursday.

With the Magic Round in League, you can go to Suncorp and watch 4 games in a row which is part of the fun I imagine. I think it’s actually impossible for somebody to attend every game in the “Gather Round”. What is the point of it?

Why is Fremantle playing a game at 3pm Perth time on a Friday?

I imagine this doesn’t count towards fixture weightings so we will get a double up against north for free which is good.

WOW I’m going to be that “guy” this time.

I can’t believe the amount of whining here about the “Gather Round”.

For a start, it’s an EXTRA round in the fixture now.

It hasn’t been taken away from anywhere or any team.

Secondly, unlike the NRL’s Magic Round, it’s going to be shared around on a yearly basis.

Expect NSW to get it next year.

I imagine QLD should get it before the Gabba is pulled down, and we’ll get it again, when the Gabba is rebuilt. (If the AFL has any common sense)

Ok, we got shafted to some country ground.

How many here would have genuinely gone if the game was in Adelaide?

There’s going to be tens of thousands of muppets from every team flying in to Adelaide, booking every hotel, filling every pub and cafe, etc.

Wouldn’t you prefer to stay out in a nice bnb or winery, where at least a quarter of the visitors are also Lions fans.

Secondly, unlike the NRL’s Magic Round, it’s going to be shared around on a yearly basis.

I imagine QLD should get it before the Gabba is pulled down, and we’ll get it again, when the Gabba is rebuilt. (If the AFL has any common sense)

There’s going to be tens of thousands of muppets from every team flying in to Adelaide, booking every hotel, filling every pub and cafe, etc.

Wouldn’t you prefer to stay out in a nice bnb or winery, where at least a quarter of the visitors are also Lions fans.

I would be far more likely to go if it was at a decent ground in adelaide

its mainly been fremantle supporters whinging that ive seen

Got my email letting me know how to access Gather Round tickets, with a code.

I couldn’t give two *s about that, I just want to know how many games we have in Melbourne FFS.
Unfortunately looking now like we have to wait till Sunday to find out

Got my email letting me know how to access Gather Round tickets, with a code.

I couldn’t give two *s about that, I just want to know how many games we have in Melbourne FFS.
Yes, got mine also
They must think it will sell out fast with these 2 paragraphs
As a Brisbane Lions access member, you have the opportunity to redeem one free ticket to watch the team play against North Melbourne at Summit Sports and Recreation Park, Mount Barker on Saturday 15 April.

Tickets go on-sale Monday 12th December via Ticketek. AFL and Club access members have access to a priority redemption period from 11:30AM - 3:30PM (AEST) / 12:30PM - 4:30PM (AEDT) before tickets go on sale to the general public at 4:30PM (AEST) / 5:30PM (AEDT).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back