Fixture 2023 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

no
With the Magic Round in League, you can go to Suncorp and watch 4 games in a row which is part of the fun I imagine. I think it’s actually impossible for somebody to attend every game in the “Gather Round”. What is the point of it?

Why is Fremantle playing a game at 3pm Perth time on a Friday?

I imagine this doesn’t count towards fixture weightings so we will get a double up against north for free which is good.
Not that it matters too much, but it is 3 consecutive games at Suncorp over the Sat and the Sun with the weaker teams playing in the arvo

no

Not that it matters too much, but it is 3 consecutive games at Suncorp over the Sat and the Sun with the weaker teams playing in the arvo

Yeah my bad it’s 3 instead of 4. Thanks for pointing that out.

Got my email letting me know how to access Gather Round tickets, with a code.

I couldn’t give two *s about that, I just want to know how many games we have in Melbourne FFS.

Oh good, so all of the Brisbane and North members get the privilege to fight over the 12 seats at Mt Barker International Stadium

this looks like a leaked fixture, with actual match times fixed up to the byes - i think its fairly likely to be accurate

ours looks fairly difficult tbh - double ups against melbourne, fremantle and collingwood from last years top 6

BUT

no match at gmhba

5 matches in melbourne proper - 4 listed at marvel and only 1 (!!!) at MCG

EDIT: 2 at MCG :shoutyoldman:

Last edited:

this looks like a leaked fixture, with actual match times fixed up to the byes - i think its fairly likely to be accurate

ours looks fairly difficult tbh - double ups against melbourne, fremantle and collingwood from last years top 6

BUT

no match at gmhba

For one minute I was happy the fixture came out (apparently) :)

But then got disappointed when I read that we might only have one MCG game :mad:

BUT

no match at gmhba

I think there are two at the 'G. According to the link, we play both Hawthorn and Melbourne there, rounds 13 and 18 respectively.

If this is accurate, then it looks like a solid fixture.

I think there are two at the 'G. According to the link, we play both Hawthorn and Melbourne there, rounds 13 and 18 respectively.

If this is accurate, then it looks like a solid fixture.
my mistake - i didnt even read the hawthorn location as i assumed we'd be playing them at home - cant recall the last time we had a home game against hawthorn and im assuming theres queensland hawks fans who have missed watching their team for a long time!

my mistake - i didnt even read the hawthorn location as i assumed we'd be playing them at home - cant recall the last time we had a home game against hawthorn and im assuming theres queensland hawks fans who have missed watching their team for a long time!
That's all good. Shame we don't play in Sydney next year - Manuka is just a bridge too far

BUT

no match at gmhba

I think it looks like a pretty good draw to be honest. Melbourne we’ve shown we can beat and will be keen to back that up; Collingwood we always show up against, and Freo I think are due for a slight dip this year. No GMHBA game, No Tassie game, No Ballarat game.

It’s a win for me.

BUT

no match at gmhba

I was happy!

Double ups vs Pies, Freo, Dees, Saints, Gold Coast and crows is good.

Only one game vs Sydney, cats and tigers - all at the Gabba.

6 Melbourne games.

Good fixture!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my summary:

Double ups - Collingwood, Melbourne, Fremantle, Gold Coast, Adelaide, St Kilda
Played at home - Essendon, Sydney, Geelong, Richmond, West Coast
Played away - Port, Footscray, GWS, Carlton, Hawthorn
Played at neutral venue - North Melbourne
Bye - round 12 (first bye round)

lots of prime time love - many thursday / friday games

Not bad. Another Melbourne game or two would have been nice no matter how unlikely (look forward to comparing to how many the other non-Vic teams have).

Also our Collingwood game would have been better at the MCG to give us 3 there. If both teams are going well at the time of that game it's going to look a bit silly at Docklands.

Also our Collingwood game would have been better at the MCG to give us 3 there. If both teams are going well at the time of that game it's going to look a bit silly at Docklands.
Didn't know the Pies played home games at Docklands ... or is it a home game for us in our Fitzroy alternate identity and Docklands is deemed our Melbourne 'home ground'? ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back