Discussion 2023 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't really care that it's not Collingwood and definitely a better chance of beating the Bombers than the Pies anyway.

Hopefully the 150th year guernsey looks decent

I think this fixture shows the AFL's utter contempt for the St Kilda FC... we have very little history with Essendon compared to Collingwood where we have played classic finals and grand finals and played our first ever game against them.
If not the Pies then I'd prefer Geelong or even Carlton.
And... our game against Collingwood in Adelaide? On top of a Sunday Twilight opening game against an interstate franchise. They're doing everything they can to keep our crowds down and our club irrelevant.
This is a disgrace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pray its not a wet weekend in Adelaide if we dont want the AO to look like 1965 Glenferrie Oval by the time our game rolls around
A knee waiting to happen. Idiotic idea to copy the thugbies. The only way they can draw a crowd is to have all the teams there.
We got 4.40 on a Sunday, FMD

4F8F5BE7-397E-4809-8679-CA569048A141.gif

That’s the original 1897-1911 guernsey, just with numbers added.

It’s the guernsey we wore between 1912-1914 before we went red yellow and black for the war years, and before the jumper as we now know it appeared in 1924.

I’d be floored if the 150 guernsey isn’t something harking back to this.

Last edited:
A knee waiting to happen. Idiotic idea to copy the thugbies. The only way they can draw a crowd is to have all the teams there.
We got 4.40 on a Sunday, FMD
Disagree that it's an idiotic idea, I love the idea. I just don't think we need 5 games at the Adelaide Oval that weekend. Why can't they spread them out a bit more. I doubt the Pies vs Saints game will get more people than what they can carry at one of the SANFL grounds.

View attachment 1570296

That’s the original 1897-1911 guernsey, just with numbers added.

It’s guernsey we wore between 1912-1914 before we went red yellow and black for the war years, and before the jumper as we now know it appeared in 1924.

I’d be floored if the 150 guernsey isn’t something harking back to this.
We also wore the same jumper in the 96 Centenary game v Collingwood

We also wore the same jumper in the 96 Centenary game v Collingwood
We did, but I think we could execute it much better than we did.

It’s also pretty much the “Moorabbin” guernsey from a couple of years ago… minus the names.

Last edited:
We did, but I think we could execute it much better than we did.

It’s also pretty much the “Moorabbin” guernsey from a couple of years ago… minus the names.
Yeah, IMO the best jersey we've ever had is that pin stripe one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back